Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I wonder if it will just be a panel or two cameo or an actual role in Fallen Angels.

I hadn't heard that bit about the Incoming and her possibly being involved, that is some interesting gossip.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Good I can finally start getting into this DoX properly! Also I'm so ready for Dazzler to finally have her glow up in the MU proper. Like the mutants are finally getting their moment, Ali's narrative is Ast time for her to be the biggest name in entertainment on the planet. Like the character has paid her she's, let her story finally evolve gat dammit.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Also glad to see her in a dark themed book. Hope they take her character seriously and we see a side to Ali rarely shown.

BANNED

From the FA #2 preview thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Hill said on twitter that it's a "small but significant" appearance.
    My spirit is willing and my mind & body are READY!!! 💙💙💙

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    https://twitter.com/emelisande/statu...04492355641345
    Our baby girl's finally in the big leagues. I'd like to thank all of the Glitterati who have been here in the trenches, even when we had no panel time, years of shelving, hack writers who just wrote her as a joke, abandonment of plots, etc. I respect you all because we kept holding out hope and maybe this is where I kept coming back to to uplift my personal hero. A character that helped me see the value of myself, that helped me remember to shine in dark places. Thanks so much dazzfans.
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    eugh, that song doesn't hold a candle to "Ashes" or "To Be Human," but I'm glad it suggests the Dazz cameo will still be in the film. I am confused about her "performing" in the middle of a forest (?) in disco attire though lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Holy crud, they finally managed to work Dazzler into an X-Men movie?

Fitting for the final Fox movie .
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I love tf outta this song. They nailed it. Good job at getting something RIGHT fox media!
    I haven't seen the whole film yet, with good reason I guess, from what I understand. But I'm sure this is one of the best parts, and will be THE best part, for me:

As I was eXpectin' somethin' more, it's a lil' lackluster. But still a bit of a milestone, given it's her first live action appearance.

BANNED

BANNED

FA writer Bryan Edward Hill's mildly annoyed word got out 'bout Dazz appearing in #2: https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...57712144814080

… 'cause he wanted it to be a surprise. Also found this, where he states she's a fave:

Bryan Edward Hill Reveals the Tech World of the Upcoming 'What If? X-Men' | Marvel
    … Marvel.com: Are there any of your favorite X-Men characters that you just couldn't touch upon here?

Bryan Edward Hill: Psylocke and Dazzler are favorites of mine. Again, were I to continue on with this re-imagining, they would certainly make an appearance. ...
    … so it sounds like we can eXpect good things.

Back to cameo queen status after today's Fallen Angels. I'm shocked she even got a mention on the intro page. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    FA writer Bryan Edward Hill's mildly annoyed word got out 'bout Dazz appearing in #2: https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...57712144814080

… 'cause he wanted it to be a surprise. Also found this, where he states she's a fave:

Bryan Edward Hill Reveals the Tech World of the Upcoming 'What If? X-Men' | Marvel

… so it sounds like we can eXpect good things.
    Dont set your expectations too high

Quote Originally Posted by Former Morlock View Post
    Back to cameo queen status after today's Fallen Angels. I'm shocked she even got a mention on the intro page. Sigh.
    yeah so far the people in the rosters at least play some role in the book, even if minor. Ali didnt really do anything here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dont set your expectations too high...
    They were set pretty low, but unfortunately, I was still disappointed. I like what she had to say, brief as it was, from a character standpoint. But honestly, I think her non-speaking spotlight cameo towards the end of HoX #6, was a brighter showing.

Lame to hear she didn't do much in Fallen Angels. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but still.

Spectacular Member

I'm not thrilled with the idea of them turning Betsy into Captain Britain (all that Cap Brit Corp stuff is dreadfully uninteresting to me) & using blank slate Kwannon to seemingly retain what made the "Psylocke" character popular for the past 20 years. Transferring Dazzler's friendship over to her seems inevitable. This "significant" appearance was 1 page of Dazzler giving her best Braunwyn Windham-Burke impression lol

I know people are losing their **** over this whole Krakoa era, love that mutants are segregating themselves further & are overly optimistic about 50+ mutants allegedly rotating in-and-out of use in the main X-Men book -- but it's not really appealing to me. I'm getting Utopia/Fraction-era vibes. Y'know, the other era when all the mutants collected & separated themselves on their own island and when the creators kept pumping up the book having a "rotating cast" so many more characters would get attention... then we ended up with Cyke, Emma, Storm, Wolverine & Pixie while everyone else was relegated to cameos or acting as wallpaper (like Dazz). I want to be excited after some of the HOX reveals, but I remain skeptical.

Yeah Fallen Angels ain't for me, it's kinda convincing me of the redundancy and 'unlikability' (not a real word, apparently!) of Kwannon,
    but Dazzler was a highlight.

I wasn't totally sure how to take the dialogue, but I chuckled nonetheless at...
    "I'm as good a listener as a singer" .... and then she carries on talking! lmao, Classic Dazz

BANNED

I'll let you be the judge, but others have eXpressed concerns:

Fallen Angels #2 Review — Major Spoilers — Comic Book ...
    … Kwannon/Psylocke makes it clear that, while the other mutants are overjoyed in their new home (which, by the way, makes me worry about them being brainwashed, especially Dazzler, who seems very much altered in this issue), she’s still an outcast. ...
    … with her voice.

… Embrace it.
    Bolded AND italicized?... Makes ya wonder.

I dunno, I'm losing the will Heroine Addict. I was one of the many skeptics of how everyone was behaving and talking initially, thinking something wasn't right with these characters, but I think both Jordan D White and Hickman have addressed and rubbished the theory of brainwashing/control in interviews somewhere. but, then that's what they would say though Shady Shenanigans maybe, or just poor expressions of the narrative from the writing and art.

I'm thinking Dazzler was chosen to deliver the light to Kwannon, cos she'd be a believable source of positivity, and showing her embracing the joy is a way to convince us of the party island feels of Krakoa. Rogue, who's just had a year long story about fear induced self sabotage has also seemingly been used to show how fearless and chilled the islanders are now, by not needing a power dampener.