Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

As Dazz mentions in that IvX sequence, she's taken on the brunt of Black Bolt's powers before, WAY back when:

BANNED

In the past, Dazzler has even absorbed Klaw entirely:

a7518883a79c1e102cff6a0ec43a33b6.jpg

... which was reflected upon more recently:

Spectacular Member

Ugggh, I forgot how disappointing IvsX was. Such a nosedive after #1. I really wanted Dazzler to appear further, because between #0 & #1 the idea of her working with Emma further was exciting. I feel like they have an interesting dynamic & despite ham-fisted attempts to turn all X-Men against Cyclops I feel like Dazzler would have a soft spot for him. He was there when she first encountered the X-world, he helped train her in beams, she joined his side in Schism & again in the equally disappointing "revolution."

I really feel like they dropped the ball in general with that whole storyline -- instead of everyone turning on Emma it would have made more sense for the X-Men to be fractured with those following Emma/holding the Inhumans accountable for deaths & sickness with that stupid cloud (Dazzler was also sick before being magically cured) vs. the "acceptable" position of #NotAllInhumans

BANNED

Workin' with Medusa in A-Force probably gave her a broader perspective, but didn't remove residual resentment, which would only be natural. AND...

Uncanny X-Women

... just add Emma, and replace Rogue with maybe... Monet?

There's precedent, as Emma has connections to Dazz, obviously. Plus Polaris, just recently, and before. Both Magik & Monet too, of course, in the past. Then Dani Moonstar 'cause of 'Yana, and soon to be Lorna. The 6 of them together would = the X-bad girls' club.

Hulu are launching the Tigra and Dazzler Show.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...nimated-series
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hulu are launching the Tigra and Dazzler Show.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...nimated-series
    Oh this is COOL.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    In the past, Dazzler has even absorbed Klaw entirely:

a7518883a79c1e102cff6a0ec43a33b6.jpg

... which was reflected upon more recently:

Where are the new images from?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Of all the things I definitely didn't expect or imagine happening, an adult animated comedy about Dazzler with Chelsea Handler as Dazzler is maybe the thing I expected to happen the least-est of all. My brain feels like it's broken.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Of all the things I definitely didn't expect or imagine happening, an adult animated comedy about Dazzler with Chelsea Handler as Dazzler is maybe the thing I expected to happen the least-est of all. My brain feels like it's broken.
    Yeah I am not interested in that really. Give me a Marvel X-Men animated series with Dazzler as one of the characters. I don't see Dazzler as a vapid character, she has never been a vapid character. She was a little naive at the beginning of her original comic but by the time it was over she was a lot more serious about things. I would love to see Dazzler show up on gifted too, but I guess she probably died in the event that took out the X-Men.

Spectacular Member

In between the involvement of Handler (who has gotten increasingly grating) & the series description coining them as "woke" superheroes -- I'm not optimistic. That premise alone leaves me to imagine the "humor" of it will be soap-boxey virtue-signaling that never actually translates as humor. And humor is supposed to be the point of these 4 news shows, I thought.

I will give it a shot since I like both characters, but expectations are low. If it doesn't catch on it would be all the more reason for them to never use her in books/media again. If it does catch on, but she is written so differently than her comics counterpart then they're more likely to "morph" her into the Hulu character within the comic books.

BANNED

My thoughts:

Oh. My. Lord. This is WAY out of left field! Not my preferred choice for Dazz's reintroduction into animation, gotta say, BUT... after the shock wore off, it seems pretty Deadpool-esque in nature, with some Archer feels thrown in for good measure. So I'm just gonna roller skate with it, and try & embrace the absurdity. Like how everybody eXcept the oblivious Tigra, is side-eyeing creepy, lil' Land of Oz reject, Hit Monkey. Per the promo pic, Ali's got attitude & some swagger, so that certainly seems in character. Consider me officially Offended, in a cautiously enthusiastic way, and don't be surprised if Wade Wilson is the eventual, wait & see Team Leader.
    AND, can't forget THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

... as the gathering is now complete.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-12-2019 at 05:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Where are the new images from?

BANNED

ScreenRant.com, Marvel's New TV Shows Are Using An X-Men Character - How?

... The separation between Marvel and Fox properties is what makes Dazzler's involvement so interesting. As an X-Men character, Dazzler would be expected to only feature in a film or show associated with Fox. The only exceptions to the rule are Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver...

... This naturally poses the question of whether The Tigra & Dazzler Show is an early result of the Fox-Disney deal...

... it's worth remembering that the TV situation with X-Men characters is different. Various agreements have led to X-Men shows The Gifted and Legion, while animated shows follow a different approach entirely. It's distinctly possible that this entire situation is a result of the medium and style. ...
    See Wolverine & the X-Men, pretty sure FoX wasn't involved. And IDK, I've always figured Dazz could be in the same boat as Wanda & Pietro, mostly due to her being established in her solo series. Tho I know it was still somewhat steeped in the Mutant mythos.

Fox haven't had the animation rights since at least 1999. Evolution and WATXM aren't related to Fox either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

... See Wolverine & the X-Men, pretty sure FoX wasn't involved. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fox haven't had the animation rights since at least 1999. Evolution and WATXM aren't related to Fox either.
    Yep, already got that, did you mean the anime?