Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    … I think both Jordan D White and Hickman have addressed and rubbished the theory of brainwashing/control in interviews somewhere. but, then that's what they would say though Shady Shenanigans maybe, or just poor expressions of the narrative from the writing and art. ...

… Rogue, who's just had a year long story about fear induced self sabotage has also seemingly been used to show how fearless and chilled the islanders are now, by not needing a power dampener.
    And I wouldn't use the terms brainwashing/mind control myself, anyway. They're too strong of words for what I believe might really be goin on. I suspect somethin' closer to being mildly drugged, with a subtle hypnotic charm induced persuasion type of effect, that makes the target(s) more prone to feelings of elation and/or susceptible to the power of suggestion. Like they're all buzzed, so to speak, from inhaling too much of their own hype... almost. It's hard to be definitive eXplaining it, but that's close enough.

And I took this scene:

… to mean Rogue still needs a dampener, when touching skin to skin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    … I wasn't totally sure how to take the dialogue, but I chuckled nonetheless at...
    "I'm as good a listener as a singer" .... and then she carries on talking! lmao, Classic Dazz
    HA! I didn't catch THAT, too funny, I LUVS it!! 💙💙

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And I wouldn't use the terms brainwashing/mind control myself, anyway. They're too strong of words for what I believe might really be goin on. I suspect somethin' closer to being mildly drugged, with a subtle hypnotic charm induced persuasion type of effect, that makes the target(s) more prone to feelings of elation and/or susceptible to the power of suggestion. Like they're all buzzed, so to speak, from inhaling too much of their own hype... almost. It's hard to be definitive eXplaining it, but that's close enough.
    Ah, I get what ya sayin', potheads, the lot of 'em, Cheeky rascals! maybe Rogue is pulling a whitey on that page.

Something, eventually might be attributed to Krakoa being not so hospitable, but HiX seems adamant that we should accept the new world order, and he's defensive of not leaving writers 'break ****'.

That's not to say that maybe Krakoa isn't trying to be helpful or benign by drugging/charming them though, we'll see.

… to mean Rogue still needs a dampener, when touching skin to skin.
    Yeah it's confusing and unclear. She absorbs by vicinity now, if scared, so for now I'm taking it that she's in control of the absorption by vicinity and touch but wary and protective of draining Gambit during sexual shenanigans, when things could get intense, but yeah, it's unclear. Seeing Rictor in the previews having power control problems makes me think maybe Rogues issues were brought up just as a reminder of what's come before and that he'll have a mentor/resource to help, maybe he'll be torn between Rogue' and Apocalypse' guidance.

Back to Dazzler, here's a Gif....

If Alison and Longshot have something to do with the Incoming event, I hope these lot get given a chance to meetup, console, reminisce, drown some sorrows and re-connect...

BANNED

Yeah, with Krakoa, they're definitely seems to be more than meets the eye goin on. Given the sentient island's history, and all the other unresolved issues currently surrounding it, some sort of upheaval feels imminent... and inevitable. But like ya say, who knows, and even if so, how drastic it will be. Revelations can alter things incrementally, without completely changing and/or removing them, which I hope is the case.

For me, Rogue's current predicament, along with Shogo's transformation, are the most intriguing things happening in Excab right now. And personally speaking again, the inclusion of Rictor will be a HUGE shot in the arm for the series. I'm lookin' forward to the former bein' resolved & what'll mean for those involved, and to Julio hopefully becomin' a MAJOR player in DoX.

That last pic is just GORGEOUS, and SO masterfully done - thank you!!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

The said that the person most affected by Longshots death wil undergo a major status change----- I wonder what that means for Dazzler..:

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From X-Men: Madness in Murderworld (1989, DOS).

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    From X-Men: Madness in Murderworld (1989, DOS).

She was in that game????

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    The said that the person most affected by Longshots death wil undergo a major status change----- I wonder what that means for Dazzler..:
    She may be being prepared to become similar to the Tigra and Dazzler animation version. That's a bit of a horror for me, for now. I'm stuck imagining just a cynical, Chelsea Handler for now. While having Dazzler being cynical ain't necessarily a bad thing, I do think her real strength and usp is levity, lighthearted, upbeat and a creative. If she were to be cynical and lacking in patience towards moaners and grim dark stuff then all bases are covered.

It's not confirmed to be Longshot in Incoming. I've been wondering whether it's Cable/Wifi, cos the star/flash symbol has been used to depict his eye glint at times but Hulkling is the most likely victim/culprit. Dazzler and Longshot would be the most interesting curveball though.

It is interesting to think how she'd react to Longshots death. Because would he even be considered for resurrection, if not, then she'd be pissed.

In other news....

The CSBG Totally Tubular 80s Christmas Advent Calendar, Day 1

Has a nice Uncanny X-Men #230 story, link below

https://www.cbr.com/80s-christmas-ad...#leave-comment

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Interesting video regarding Dazzler's creation:

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Longshot's death? What are you talking about?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

The plot-triggering death from "Marvel's Incoming." Theory is that it's Longshot because of the star logo on his chest.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Spectacular Member

It looked like the character in that shot was wearing a (finned?) helmet & with the other teaser featuring Hulkling it's probably some Kree character. With the news about the Marvel tv department & the showrunner/writing staff being fired the Tigra & Dazzler cartoon is likely not happening now, so I think we are in for a Dazzler lull... yet again. I reckon that's preferable to a forced friendship with the amazing teacher/mentor Kwannon lmao.

I'm really not feeling this Krakoa thing like everyone else is -- hopefully she resurfaces in a more prominent way for the next X-universe "shakeup" that's bound to happen in a few years.

Where’s DJ (Mark Sheppard)?

Seriously, he should mixing it up and partnered with Dazz in those dance scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Where’s DJ (Mark Sheppard)?

Seriously, he should mixing it up and partnered with Dazz in those dance scenes.
    DJ was depowered but I’m not sure if he was killed by the Purifiers. Which means he falls under the same category as Wind Dancer, Specter and Aero. As they’re alive, they can’t be resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    DJ was depowered but I’m not sure if he was killed by the Purifiers. Which means he falls under the same category as Wind Dancer, Specter and Aero. As they’re alive, they can’t be resurrected.
    He was killed in the Busplosion. He was the last to die and the only one still breathing when Laura and Elixir arrived on the scene.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-20-2019 at 10:54 AM.