Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

So from this point forward, she's gonna be the happy go lucky Alison and not the Dark version that sparked that unique reaction a few years ago?

And another question..has there been ANY KIND of push of Dazzler and Exodus romantically hooking up like in the Age of Apocalypse? Any hints? Have they been face to face over the last 12-15 yrs?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    So from this point forward, she's gonna be the happy go lucky Alison and not the Dark version that sparked that unique reaction a few years ago?

And another question..has there been ANY KIND of push of Dazzler and Exodus romantically hooking up like in the Age of Apocalypse? Any hints? Have they been face to face over the last 12-15 yrs?
    I'd like to see her hooking up with Banshee (once he will no longer look like a Zombie!). Sean is a great guy and they would make a powerful couple!

We can hope that that dark Bendis stain is removed from Dazzler for good! As for her and Exodus I don't believe there has been any face to face between them. It was an interesting pairing in AoA and I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it would have to come from somewhere and not some panel from over 20 years ago.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Line it is Drawn

Incredible Member

Dazzler Vs Galactus french cover by Jean Frisano from the 80's:
    Dazzler Galactus.jpg

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

So a couple of answers here and some light head canon: Dazzler returning fully to the title of Hero doesn't mean that she'll be happy go lucky or dark but I think Astonishing wrapped up a storyline for Ali that's been brewing since X-treme Xmen back in 2012.
    Along the tune of: The past few years have seemingly been meant to reintroduce Alison slowly but organically back to the world, and back to herself- thay she was confronting these mirrors
    Versions of herself and the world she lived in is a thematic constant.

Xtreme illustrated her resilience and power when left to her own devices reestablishing her rebelliousness and her established joy of her savagery! However the only alternate versions she found of herself in these realities were grim, isolated, terrifying versions of her desires. She kept searching, ultimately leading alongside AoA characters, essentially the collapse of a micro universe because yet again she saw the cataclysmic effects of mutant hyper dominance and it was worth it to just implode it altogether.

She thought she could find herself in normalizing her late twenties when she became a SHIELD agent, finally resolving her resume to include her leadership skills on deck from X-Term v.1 leading ultimately to her looking at herself in what is somehow an iconic moment in current Dazzler history-!" Mirror theme again.

All the while she's, I feel, really getting a deliberate and organic track of her really understanding some very real self doubts and acceptance of nature and destiny that we all gotta ask ourselves especially some artist folk that live in precarity the way Dazzler does- couch surfing on the torrid winds of fate sometimes.

It's cumulative her work and informs her heroics. The savagery and power she derived from Xreme's events, She ultimately reserved in what could have been an even darker period for Alison he she chosen bloody revenge. Tha Dazzler stayed true, and this is also a theme of her character that stands out among other Xwomyn in that Alison Blaire, The Dazzler, cannot be overcome by any energy you try to overload her with. Negative, Positive, Sound, Magic, whatever. Infinite Transducer.

Disenfranchised and hiding out after being dragged back into Xavier's House of Political School Dramas and Scandals, Ali ducked out in Florida to work at a skating rink, probably so blown on the idea of saving worlds where she has never aaaaaaacccctually seen a version that represented a world or even an alt-u dazzler that was able to display the song and music and joy in her own goddamned heart hat she felt every-fucking- day, that she in this reality had to hide or diminish or use as a weapon- and yeah you'd be over 'trying' as well if that's how you were forced to see multiple worlds that had no element of ur Dazzlerness in them.

And then you meet DazzlThor and she is ALL OF THOSE THINGS. She relieves you in knowing that you're connected to a version of yourself that's valiant and sure and has a boisterous laugh while also being lovely and vulnerable and earnest.
    Ali claiming of LightBringer is a promise to DazzleThor and to herself for committing to the path. It's the healing That brought her back to her self.

Her last album probably sucked because she was distracted by wanting to go be a hero! That's where she's at! It's another look for Ali in questioning her path and her destiny (is there such a thing?) the way many of us do after we pack in some of the lives we've lived to make room for the new ones. And how we EXTRACT the mot elements of the past to use in our aid of continuing the journey.

I'm also just gonna put this out there: because of Dazzler's shtick of being 'a friendly babe' her meme of pretty girl problems is renowned. Like her books have always been the place where the male heroes on the MU act like total forks around her because of her babeliness.

I personally think it would be amazing to have the likes of The Punisher in her book with like a weird crush.

I can also only really sure her with soft hearted bad boys who ain't so bad after all- Morbius, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Rhino, Deadpool, Magneto etc.... I only really ship her with Pete wisdom cuz they play beautifully off one another.

I could actually see Ali in a costume like this:
    image.jpg

https://twitter.com/emelisande/statu...04492355641345
    Our baby girl's finally in the big leagues. I'd like to thank all of the Glitterati who have been here in the trenches, even when we had no panel time, years of shelving, hack writers who just wrote her as a joke, abandonment of plots, etc. I respect you all because we kept holding out hope and maybe this is where I kept coming back to to uplift my personal hero. A character that helped me see the value of myself, that helped me remember to shine in dark places. Thanks so much dazzfans.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I could actually see Ali in a costume like this:
    image.jpg
    has anyone drawn Alison in an O5-style uniform?

BANNED

I want her coming back to her disco-days blue domino mask.

Spectacular Member

eugh, that song doesn't hold a candle to "Ashes" or "To Be Human," but I'm glad it suggests the Dazz cameo will still be in the film. I am confused about her "performing" in the middle of a forest (?) in disco attire though lmao

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Holy crud, they finally managed to work Dazzler into an X-Men movie?

Fitting for the final Fox movie .