Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Catwoman Appreciameow 2019

To the greatest feline fatale in the world, the most capable milk-drinker in comics (in close competition with The Phantom), the whip-like and whip-liking Catwoman!

Let us begin with this gem from Stjepan Sejic:

catwoman+batman.jpg

Normal appreciation thread rules apply! The 2018 Catwoman Appreciation thread is still around for reading.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My first Catwoman was Julie Newmar. What a classic. What a simple costume that just works. She immediately stands out compared to the other villains of Batman 66 and became a favorite.

Cat-629936.jpg

I think... no, I definitely owe my liking of cats to Catwoman.

Amazing Member

Happy New Year all catwoman fans

BANNED

Happy new year, hopefully by the end of it Selina and Bruce are finally hitched. I don't care how unlikely it is at the moment, it's what people want

Happy New Year to the Feline Femme Fatale and all her fans .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Happy new year.

Next is Lee Merriwether. I didn't realize it was a different actress at the time since I only saw the last half of the movie once.

pick-your-poison-catwoman-337524.jpg

There's a scene at the end where the villains were defeated except her and she ran inside the sub then suddenly dropped and give up. I didn't know why she did that. Later on I found out that scene was supposed to show her tripping and hit her head on a part of the sub, then pass out. ^^

Catwoman as a meta-human. Yes or no.
    In the (terrible) Catwoman movie Catwoman was able to gain superhuman powers via magic.
    In Gotham a root furnished by Poison Ivy seems to be giving Selina powers.
    Myself a prefer Catwoman as a human who is very skilled through her own hard work.

Going a little (okay, A LOT!) old-school, . . .

originally from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Volume IV (June 1985)

Originally from Batman #1 (Spring 1940):

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Catwoman as a meta-human. Yes or no.
    In the (terrible) Catwoman movie Catwoman was able to gain superhuman powers via magic.
    In Gotham a root furnished by Poison Ivy seems to be giving Selina powers.
    Myself a prefer Catwoman as a human who is very skilled through her own hard work.
    I think Selina loses part of her appeal if you give her actual powers instead of making her someone who's as skilled as she is with just training and experience, which puts her more on par with Batman.

She's the world's greatest thief without needing a "cheat."

BANNED

Looks like there's triple Selina in April. She's a big part of the "Knightmares" arc in Batman, and the tagline for the second issue of the month is "Batman's future starts now"

One might think they're either setting up Bruce finally moving on from Selina, or sowing seeds for their reunion that leads into their future together.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    One might think they're either setting up Bruce finally moving on from Selina, or sowing seeds for their reunion that leads into their future together.
    I'd say that Batman the character needs Catwoman. Not only because of their long shared history, but because Catwoman implicitly challenges many of the assumptions and biases of Batman about society and crime. That also makes any stable relation between them fiendishly hard to handle, because you can so easily end up with the result of neutering either Catwoman or Batman, or both.

(The only other woman in the DCEU who can challenge Batman as deeply would be Wonder Woman, and I view the WonderBat ship as something that goes directly against the way Wonder Woman is constructed and what she is supposed to embody.)
    Last edited by kjn; 01-20-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'd say that putting Batman needs Catwoman. Not only because of their long shared history, but because Catwoman implicitly challenges many of the assumptions and biases of Batman about society and crime. That also makes any stable relation between them fiendishly hard to handle, because you can so easily end up with the result of neutering either Catwoman or Batman, or both.

(The only other woman in the DCEU who can challenge Batman as deeply would be Wonder Woman, and I view the WonderBat ship as something that goes directly against the way Wonder Woman is constructed and what she is supposed to embody.)
    I have always felt that Wonder Woman with anyone other than Steve Trevor is wrong. Just like it is wrong for Clark Kent to be with anyone other than Lois Lane. And obviously wrong for Bruce Wayne with anyone but Selina Kyle.

Fantastic Member

Problem there Trevor has never been interesting until Chris Pine you have to admit that. Also I always thought bruce and selina as just frenemies with benefits short term they will be okay but because of their differences it will always break apart or one of them dies to young or something when they are together for drama. With Lois and Clark it just works and clicks common goals in life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Problem there Trevor has never been interesting until Chris Pine you have to admit that. Also I always thought bruce and selina as just frenemies with benefits short term they will be okay but because of their differences it will always break apart or one of them dies to young or something when they are together for drama
    Well Batman Annual#2 shows a future where they grow old together, so I imagine King knows a way of making their relationship work.

Catwoman #6 is the top selling female character comic book for December, beating out Wonder Woman #60, Spider-Gwen #3, Harley Quinn #55 & #56, Captain Marvel #5, and Supergirl #25, among others.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...-december-2018