You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Does the character turn 20 this year?
    If so, cool .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Does the character turn 20 this year?
    Based on publishing date of her first appearance Batman #567 (July 1999) then the character has been around for nearly that long. Based on the pre-Flashpoint timeline, she's probably in her early to mid-20s by now (she was 18 in titles published in 2003, and at least three 'in-continutiy' years since then.

Someone on Twitter posted this about the potential drawback of Cass becoming Batman.

A main issue I can see with Cassandra Cain taking the Batman mantle is every writer will write a bunch of stories questioning whether or not Cass deserves to be Batman as oppose to writing stories showcasing why she does.
    https://twitter.com/deadletterpoets/...30747781402626

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Someone on Twitter posted this about the potential drawback of Cass becoming Batman.

True. And don't forget, even one of the best DickBats story is still read today as "this is why Dick isn't a good enough Batman" story (Black Mirror).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Can’t the same thing be said about any member of the batfamily becoming the Big Bat?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Can’t the same thing be said about any member of the batfamily becoming the Big Bat?
    Yep. Its a dumb point in general.
    Could be said about any legacy character taking on a mantle.

Also its poorly worded, why would anyone "deserve" to be Batman. Its not a prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Also its poorly worded, why would anyone "deserve" to be Batman. Its not a prize.
    It very obviously is. Not in story, but out of it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I mean, it's a moot point know because Cass is nowhere near her old standing to where she would even probably be considered to take over the mantle, let alone as close with Bruce or the bat-symbol/mantle.

They won't even let her wear a bat-symbol on her costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's a moot point know because Cass is nowhere near her old standing to where she would even probably be considered to take over the mantle, let alone as close with Bruce or the bat-symbol/mantle.

They won't even let her wear a bat-symbol on her costume.

I think a certain group of Cass fans have become so jaded by her treatment that they've cooked up this fantasy of her being Batman.
    Its easier to be Batman these days when you've had 2 people, 3 if you count Bane from Arkham War taking on the mantle in continuity in the last decade. Go back another 15 or so years and you can add JPV. Including Elseworlds types you've had Damian, Tim and Jason taking on the mantle. And ofcourse last but not least Batman Beyond. There are other examples as well.

On the otherhand Babs has been Batgirl in the comics continously for almost 8 years at this point and has retained the identity in mainstream media since forever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It very obviously is. Not in story, but out of it.
    Fair enough

Ultimate Member

To be fair, replacements are designed to show how hard it is to be the original.

More than that, while the original series did draw deliberate comparisons Bruce and Cass' level of dedication, it was never meant to be a good thing. Besides the fact that it was during the Bat dick era, it was also meant to demonstrate how unwell Cass' general mental state was. Her being 'Batman' would not be a good thing for her, IMO

Incredible Member

i don't think cass is in the tec 1003-1004 batfam spread. They used spoiler instead of cass

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    i don't think cass is in the tec 1003-1004 batfam spread. They used spoiler instead of cass
    I think that is Azrael, actually.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Is Cass wearing a cape again? That scarf around her neck looks like it could be from a cape and I don't think that's Batman's cape by Duke's leg.