Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Right but Barbara is young still which means she'd be unlikely to retire plus DiDio's opinion on her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Right but Barbara is young still which means she'd be unlikely to retire plus DiDio's opinion on her.
    If you look how many different action figures and statues of Barbaras Batgirl they currently have, I doubt that they will replace Barbara as Batgirl anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If you look how many different action figures and statues of Barbaras Batgirl they currently have, I doubt that they will replace Barbara as Batgirl anytime soon.
    That doesn't seem to be impacting all the replacements they have in-line for 5G.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That doesn't seem to be impacting all the replacements they have in-line for 5G.
    But that will only be for a year or at best two, I was talking about a (semi-)permanent replacement, and I doubt tat the will do that again.

Dustin Nguyen strikes again with Cass.
    7b1xs4rqe3341.jpg
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    7b1xs4rqe3341.jpg
    I just realized I never saw his art of Cass that's not chibi.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I just realized I never saw his art of Cass that's not chibi.
    This is the first I can recall, where he's also distanced himself from the usual style of drawing Cass too. He usually gives her slightly longer hair and loves giving her red, instead of yellow. This is the first drawing in a long time he's done of Cass normally (he's drawn her Tiny sized) since the pin-ups from (last year?) he did of the entire Bat-Family.

I'm curious as to why he drew her like this. Makes one wonder.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    7b1xs4rqe3341.jpg
    Gotta love that cape .

On a lighter note, just came across this;

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    On a lighter note, just came across this;

Imagine Dick, Damian, or Black Canary doing the challenge.

Incredible Member

What's the enthusiasm level for Cassandra's first live-action film appearance in Birds of Prey?

It's one of the motivating factors in seeing it in theaters for me, though I haven't seen much information about her portrayal in it.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    What's the enthusiasm level for Cassandra's first live-action film appearance in Birds of Prey?

It's one of the motivating factors in seeing it in theaters for me, though I haven't seen much information about her portrayal in it.
    Um. Well. If you watch the trailers, I think you might understand where the enthusiasm went - the same place that comic book accurate Cass went. That is to say, nowhere.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Yeah, I lost even more interest in the film the moment I saw what their take on Cass was going to be like.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Um. Well. If you watch the trailers, I think you might understand where the enthusiasm went - the same place that comic book accurate Cass went. That is to say, nowhere.
    She's barely in the trailer that I saw but maybe there's other ones? The synopsis I saw indicated Cass is central to the plot (Black Mask is targeting her) so I'm curious to see her role.

I'm not generally the kind of fan who gets upset by divergences from comic book accuracy. Sometimes those changes end up enriching the character in the long run. Feeling the same on Huntress, Black Canary, and Black Mask — they're obviously pretty different takes, but I'm open to it, mostly because I just want to see those characters get some more exposure!

My guess is that Cassandra as the daughter of super-assassin David Cain will remain intact (and her lethal training) but she definitely won't be anywhere near pre-52 Cass's power levels, and since she looks somewhat "normal" and less feral, I'm guessing her beginning status quo is she's trying to distance herself from her father? David Cain may be the secret role that François Chau is playing.

I definitely don't mind when Cassandra is retconned to having the ability to fully express herself verbally. As much as I enjoyed her as Batgirl, I never loved that aspect and always found it much more limiting to her development than it was a positive attribute.
    Last edited by gregpersons; 12-16-2019 at 09:37 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    She's barely in the trailer that I saw but maybe there's other ones? The synopsis I saw indicated Cass is central to the plot (Black Mask is targeting her) so I'm curious to see her role.

I'm not generally the kind of fan who gets upset by divergences from comic book accuracy. Sometimes those changes end up enriching the character in the long run. Feeling the same on Huntress, Black Canary, and Black Mask — they're obviously pretty different takes, but I'm open to it, mostly because I just want to see those characters get some more exposure!

My guess is that Cassandra as the daughter of super-assassin David Cain will remain intact (and her lethal training) but she definitely won't be anywhere near pre-52 Cass's power levels, and since she looks somewhat "normal" and less feral, I'm guessing her beginning status quo is she's trying to distance herself from her father? David Cain may be the secret role that François Chau is playing.

I definitely don't mind when Cassandra is retconned to having the ability to fully express herself verbally. As much as I enjoyed her as Batgirl, I never loved that aspect and always found it much more limiting to her development than it was a positive attribute.
    I am the type of fan who prefers at faithfulness to the source material, especially if I'm a fan of the source material. I think Cass in the film could be a good character, but she isn't Cass, so I am annoyed they're using the name.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord