Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Haven't seen it but tried to find pictures. I like that they used the stitched look, but it's not a great design. The hood makes her look like gray Spoiler. They look like Tim and the Hoods. If Jason joins them it'll be a perfect set.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    So Orphan was in the Young justice show. Liked the look, didnt like that she tried to murder someone, unless i missed something.
    If anyone's gonna know that Clayface is impersonating Mad Hatter, it'll be the girl who knows body language

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I used to think this way too, but then again in a group of street level heroes you need some way to differentiate yourself from the others. Kicking and punching only gets you so far.
    Granted, out of any character, Cass can get pretty far by kicking and punching.
    Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    Haven't seen it but tried to find pictures. I like that they used the stitched look, but it's not a great design. The hood makes her look like gray Spoiler. They look like Tim and the Hoods. If Jason joins them it'll be a perfect set.

Well, I guess if they're Tim's team it makes sense they would have similar design schemes (although Batman probably designed and made their costumes).

I like the suit but I think it's probably an interim to her Batgirl costume.

So happy to see Cass in action on Young Justice!

Name - I'm fine with Orphan. I don't think I have a choice on her codename and am just thrilled she's back!

Look - Also fine. Love seeing the stitched face mask... old school memories.

Sword - I'm new to Young Justice with season 3 but it seems there are quite a few non-super-powered super-duper acrobat/ninja/fighters.

Giving Cassie a sword distinguishes her. And I don't think there's a junior version of Katana so Cass + Sword = unique (I hope).

As for precedent, Cassie used Katana's sword in Batman and the Outsiders v2-08 2008-08. She was as amazing with a sword as she is with hand to hand.

The Cool Thatguy: "If anyone's gonna know that Clayface is impersonating Mad Hatter, it'll be the girl who knows body language"

^^^ This! ^^^

As soon as I saw Cassie swooping in attacking with her sword, I knew it was Clayface. And why not? No one is better than Cass at judging a person's walk and body language and knowing something is off.

Lastly, I'm glad they didn't have her say anything, even just a short phrase or a halting, single word. Go slow with her character, no need to rush, let her be silent Cass, at least for a while.

Here are a few classics with Cass using blades. This is from the Outsiders and the next three are from Justice League Elite 2004 when she was undercover as Kasumi.

Cass And Katana from Batman and the Outsiders v2-08 2008-08 cover iso

Here are three of Cass undercover as Kasumi from Justice League Elite 2004.

I love Cassie slicing Ollie's arrow down the shaft and stopping her sword just under his mustache!

And this line is great:

"I control blades... As you control your fingers."

Cass Disguised As Kasumi from Justice League Elite 01 2004-09 iso

Cass Disguised As Kasumi Blindfolded Sword Practice from Justice League Elite 02 2004-10

Cass Disguised As Kasumi I Do Not Make Mistakes. I… I Cannot from Justice League Elite 06 2005-02

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Cass is going to get a throw down with Shiva in Young Justice, now that she's their main enforcer.

Kinda doubt it, but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like the suit but I think it's probably an interim to her Batgirl costume.
    I feel like this suit works better with her codename than the over designed New 52/Rebirth one. The hood, stitches and the torn cape along with more grayish tone work sort of like a motif that goes with the name Orphan. Makes her very ghost-like and I love it
    Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 01-20-2019 at 09:18 PM.

From DeviantArt:

By 27Smiles

By Jasontodd1fan

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wonder if Cass is going to get a throw down with Shiva in Young Justice, now that she's their main enforcer.

Kinda doubt it, but it would be nice.
    I feel like it would be a disservice to both characters not to see them throwdown and acknowledge their relationship.

It might even be why they both wield swords now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I feel like this suit works better with her codename than the over designed New 52/Rebirth one. The hood, stitches and the torn cape along with more grayish tone work sort of like a motif that goes with the name Orphan. Makes her very ghost-like and I love it
    I definitely prefer it to her New 52/Rebirth suit.

lightningstrikes-art

I always love this artists work

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it would be a disservice to both characters not to see them throwdown and acknowledge their relationship.

It might even be why they both wield swords now.

I definitely prefer it to her New 52/Rebirth suit.
    Agreed.

I don’t see them both making sure to introduce both characters, emphasize sword wielding for both, and then make it clear that they want some focus and investment in Shiva as a major villain and character unless they want to do *something* with them.

I mean, I don’t think it’s wrong to believe that Jason may make a major appearance on the second half of the season, just from the standpoint that the idea is too appealing and they’ve already got him voiced. Siva’s had a lot more development, and they *love* their family issues on this show.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

I wonder if she'll appear in detective comics 1000?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I wonder if she'll appear in detective comics 1000?
    Keep dreaming. I love Cass, but she's always been treated as the red headed step child of the Bat clan

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Keep dreaming. I love Cass, but she's always been treated as the red headed step child of the Bat clan
    True, for the most part. But in Rebirth continuity, Cass isn't adopted. Jason was, and he wasn't even in the family portrait.

Also, Kate shot Clayface Kaiju, and though Bruce, and particularly Cass, wasn't happy about it, they had a "council" about Kate. Jason shot Penguin, the scumbag that he is, whom survived it, and Bruce beats the living tar out of him and nearly sends him to Akrham until Roy interferes.

It may be for the best Cass isn't adopted this time around. At least by Bruce.