Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I haven't finished listening to it, so I don't know if Hill will talk extensively about Cass, but he was on a podcast today : https://taylornetworkofpodcasts.com/...the-outsiders/
    Thanks for the update! I appreciate that podcast's interviews.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Today, May 19th, is the 20th anniversary of the release of Batman #567, the first appearance of Cassandra Cain! I’ll be re-reading my copy today!

I’ve actually been re-reading No Man’ Land in weekly installments all of 2019 so far. I figured that would be a fun way to revisit NML 20 years later.
    Last edited by kevink31593; 05-19-2019 at 05:35 AM.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    Today, May 19th, is the 20th anniversary of the release of Batman #567, the first appearance of Cassandra Cain! I’ll be re-reading my copy today!
    WOW. I didn´t know that..

Unfortunatelly Assam is not here anymore for remind me this..

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post

I’ve actually been re-reading No Man’ Land in weekly installments all of 2019 so far. I figured that would be a fun way to revisit NML 20 years later.
    Happy Anniversary Cass! Hoping you more love and focus moving forward .

batfamily:

Attachment 82718

Cover for the Cass DC Ink Graphic Novel:

Justice is Silent: Cassandra Caintrospective, Part 1-1: No Man's Land - Atop the Fourth Wall

Justice is Silent: Cassandra Caintrospective, Part 1-2: Batgirl #1-36 - Atop the Fourth Wall

Extraordinary Member

Well, I’m glad someone agrees with me about Cass being the best Batgirl...
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I think cases could be made for either Cass or Steph as the best batgirl. For me Cass is the best simply because she brings something unique to the role who really makes the Batgirl identity her own. Not to mention her distinct visual look, something that still works and sticks out.

Steph pulls the title to a lighter mood with all the dark themes associated with a bat-title still being present in the background. It really sets the title apart from the other bat-titles, good or bad depending on what a reader wants.

Babs is in my eyes all over the place. She just is built for everything. For me she worked better as oracle, not the storytelling mechanism she was reduced too by lazy writers sometimes. She brought something unique there and that fleshed out the batman mythos in a interesting way. Now she is more of a escapist character witch doesn’t interest me at all.

Cass in JL 26.

Attachment 83576

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Cass in JL 26.

Attachment 83576
    I know I say this a lot, but man does it feel like she's missing something by not having a cape .

[QUOTE=Frontier;4416130]I know I say this a lot, but man does it feel like she's missing something by not having a cape .[/QUOTE

If she has to keep the stupid orphan name, then they should seriously just give her the costume she wears in Young Justice. It looks so much better with a cape.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Extraordinary Member

[QUOTE=ChaosIncarnate;4416171]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know I say this a lot, but man does it feel like she's missing something by not having a cape .[/QUOTE

If she has to keep the stupid orphan name, then they should seriously just give her the costume she wears in Young Justice. It looks so much better with a cape.
    The Young Justice outfit was pretty clearly designed by a fan of her Batgirl outfit, since it eliminates whatever color the comics Orphan outfit adds to her suit. And as such, it kind of maintains that intimidating vibe that her original look had.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP