Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Besides the issues everyone has with the latest issue of Batman, which I havent even picked up yet , can we all just step back and be happy that Cass is now in 2 different Bat books? I mean, not too long ago we were all lamenting what would happen to Cass after Tec/Tynion. The fact that she is being incorporated into other books is a GOOD thing.

Having said that, yeah I am 1000% in the 'Cass could serve basically anyone she wanted to', so to find out that she last to Thomas (character I hate) is unfortunate. But, I havent been completely happy with her and her skills in Outsiders, either. I'm too big of a fanboy. I do love the fact that I know she will be back in the next issue, though, and not wondering when/if she'll be seen again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Cass does initially get the upper hand, but Jason figures out she's reading his movements (he trained with Shiva), counters it, and pops out his blades on his wrists, clearly surprising Cass.
    I could see that.

Less so for instance the YJO! version of Cass that carries a katana, rather than just the typical Batarangs and smoke capsules.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Pretty sure it's exactly that. At least, that's how Snyder treated it.

Thomas has been there for several weeks, at least. Being Batman, he's made his own modifications.
    Even if we were to assume he used his cave to his advantage...if we don't see how he did it, and exactly what he did to get the drop on so many characters of high skill level, it just doesn't feel very satisfying or convincing in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    I could see that.

Less so for instance the YJO! version of Cass that carries a katana, rather than just the typical Batarangs and smoke capsules.
    That was probably just for symmetry with Shiva since she wields a sword.

I also thought that maybe Katana might be a mentor for her in that universe as well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was probably just for symmetry with Shiva since she wields a sword.

I also thought that maybe Katana might be a mentor for her in that universe as well.
    A little of both I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    A little of both I suspect.
    And, I dunno, a part of me also wondered if they gave her a sword because they didn't think they could do enough justice to her hand-to-hand fighting style.

Ultimate Member

Thomas has been there for several weeks, at least. Being Batman, he's made his own modifications.
    So what?

They were standing right next to him, and the scene clearly indicates that Thomas out fought them all.

Bullshit.

So yeah, rail road plot, PIS, whatever you wanna call it, it was crap.

its real sad what has happened to Cass.

They have ruined her. Babs too.

They threw it all in the trash with New 52

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    its real sad what has happened to Cass.

They have ruined her. Babs too.

They threw it all in the trash with New 52
    Um.

Let's not be too dramatic here.

Cass being beaten by Evil Batman is hardly comparable to her getting brainwashed into murdering a bunch of people.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

When that Batman is an already beaten up Thomas Wayne, yeah, there is a problem. he is no Shiva, no real Batman, just a damn pretender with old bones, old muscles and a drinker, to boot !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    When that Batman is an already beaten up Thomas Wayne, yeah, there is a problem. he is no Shiva, no real Batman, just a damn pretender with old bones, old muscles and a drinker, to boot !
    I didn't say it was no problem. I said it's not comparable to the Evil Cass years of frustration.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I mean, we can't really know what would have happened next. I just don't have a problem with Jason temporarily getting the better of Cass briefly.
    Sorry to be late to this part of the thread, but in what issue(s) did this Cass vs Jason fight happen?

In general, I'm kinda bummed by Hill's portrayal of Cassandra's fighting prowess. I thought JTIV did a good job somewhat detuning her but keeping Cassie at the top of the Gotham martial artists. Cass wipes out Nightwing in BRE001, Bruce tells (I think) Barb that he can't beat Cass, and of course the her epic League of Assassins demolition was great.

In issue 006, Hill has Cass one shot by a super and then mom wipes her out while taunting her the whole time. Plus while Cass's dialog is choppy, I'm not feeling the right vibe about what she says much of the time. Trash talking in particular seems very un-Cassie.

On the upside, I am very happy to have Cass in print and not banished in DC's limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    Sorry to be late to this part of the thread, but in what issue(s) did this Cass vs Jason fight happen?

In general, I'm kinda bummed by Hill's portrayal of Cassandra's fighting prowess. I thought JTIV did a good job somewhat detuning her but keeping Cassie at the top of the Gotham martial artists. Cass wipes out Nightwing in BRE001, Bruce tells (I think) Barb that he can't beat Cass, and of course the her epic League of Assassins demolition was great.

In issue 006, Hill has Cass one shot by a super and then mom wipes her out while taunting her the whole time. Plus while Cass's dialog is choppy, I'm not feeling the right vibe about what she says much of the time. Trash talking in particular seems very un-Cassie.

On the upside, I am very happy to have Cass in print and not banished in DC's limbo.
    We Are Robin, if I remember right? New52 when Bruce forgot he was Batman anyway.
    And this is against a Jason that not only has Robin training, but also All-Caste training, Talia, AND Lady Shiva training. So, he's no pushover. And knows how to counter (to some extent at least) of being read by people. What's more, Jason pops out wrist blades (big ones with reach) out of nowhere, surprising Cass.

If it were pre-Flashpoint, then yeah. Jason wouldn't stand a chance. But New52 Jason, skill wise, is very much up there with some of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    We Are Robin, if I remember right? New52 when Bruce forgot he was Batman anyway.
    And this is against a Jason that not only has Robin training, but also All-Caste training, Talia, AND Lady Shiva training. So, he's no pushover. And knows how to counter (to some extent at least) of being read by people. What's more, Jason pops out wrist blades (big ones with reach) out of nowhere, surprising Cass.

If it were pre-Flashpoint, then yeah. Jason wouldn't stand a chance. But New52 Jason, skill wise, is very much up there with some of the best.
    No, it was Batman and Robin Eternal #3.

No, it was Batman and Robin Eternal #3.
    Yeah, that one. Still New52.

Thanks for the ID.

I'm totally ok with that fight: he draws a gun on her, she sees the boxes on him with all the kill points, she kicks him into the jukebox making him drop his gun, he rushes her and swings missing, and he finally grabs her throat raising his blades high when Dick steps in.

It's not certain at all that the next frame would have been bad for Cass if Dick didn't intervene. Jason had grabbed her neck but not injured her otherwise so she could have kicked or twisted out of his grasp.

This is no shaming of NewCass for me.

The hard fight for me in BRE was at the ballet after Cassie was kicking butt she got surprised from behind and then someone holds both her arms while another gut punched her. Eeek! Very humiliating.

Hill in an early Outsider has Cass sprint into Duke's hands as he launches her high in the air only to have the superhuman baddie just smash her to the side.

I'm fine with Cass loosing to a super but when has Cass ever done tag-team joint fighting attacks? Never. While Cain would have never taught her anything like that I concede that Bats or Jefferson may have. Still, it felt weird.

Anyway, I hope the annual has Cassandra in it and Hill keeps moving the story ahead which I like overall.
    Last edited by heyevaxx; 10-31-2019 at 02:07 PM.