Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    We don't know who movie Cass is yet, but I doubt they will. The movie is going to be released in a dump month, after all, and its clearly no Deadpool.

I'm not saying that this is great for Cass, far from it. But it's not the end of the world, 'emerald twilight' either
    Or more appropriate to Cass, One Year Later.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not as down on this movie as some are but it isn't impossible to use her comic depiction in an ensemble cast.
    Don't know I have the impression that for Cass really to work as a character in a team, you would have to design the team around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    After all, she did have a supporting cast in the books and came across as a full character when interacting with them.
    Having a supporting cast is different from being team, or in the case of this movie to be a supporting character for someone else.
    I think if you look at the trailer it seems pretty clear that this is mainly a Harley Quinn movie.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Don't get too excited because the picture is super blurry but I think in the DC new timeline I managed to find

Generation 3 Year 7 - No Man's Land - Cassandra Cain debuts as Batgirl - Harley Quinn debuts

Generation 2 is 15 years starting at Batman's debut
    Generation 3 is 15 years ending at Flashpoint
    Generation 4 is 5 years ending at Year of The Villain

Emphasis on super blurry! The only reason I can guess it's Cass is that I saw Stephanie Brown debuts as Robin in Year 9

I'm 100% sure on No Man's Land though
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-04-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    People have mixed feelings about this movie already because of DCEU and Suicide Squad's reputation, so if the movie blows, there's no damage to Cass. She's a supporting cast in the movie and will remain where she is comics. The movie synergy will quiet down just like it was with Suicide Squad.

If the movie is super hyper mega awesome successful and she's not in character in the movie, that's when you start to worry.
    I wouldn't. DC isn't that big synergy even when the adaptation is successful. Just ask John Stewart, Wally West, Artemis Crock or Donna Troy.

AAAAAAAA! IT'S CUTE! Omigosh that makeshift costume

AAAAAAAA! IT'S CUTE! Omigosh that makeshift costume
    It is really cute. I'm very curious how this is gonna go!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I'm glad we're also getting Babs as Oracle in it.

Have to agree that it looks fun. And I must say that the former Ink line is the most interesting place for DC right now. There is some excellent stuff in the other lines too, but here they dive right into and dig up some of the pieces that DC has left by the wayside, and does fun and interesting things with it. I also dig the perspectives we get of the library.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Okay.

If you're a Caddandra Cain fan and you aren't reading issue 6 of Batman and the Outsiders, you're doing a mistake, guys. I think it has everything a Cass' fan can ask, and promises more.

And, damn it, I want more of it already !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Okay.

If you're a Caddandra Cain fan and you aren't reading issue 6 of Batman and the Outsiders, you're doing a mistake, guys. I think it has everything a Cass' fan can ask, and promises more.

And, damn it, I want more of it already !
    I didn't love the issue, but seeing Cass spoilers:
    and Shiva again
    end of spoilers promises very exciting things.

Aside from One Year Later, have there been any more instances when Cass is out of character?

Aside from One Year Later, have there been any more instances when Cass is out of character?
    The Birds of Prey movie
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The Birds of Prey movie
    Exactly!!!

Amazing Member

Post-Flashpoint Cass' combat ability has been so lowered. She's been beaten by Jason, Cain, Helena, Azrael, Karma, that Cable-guy, etc. Let alone her mother. I remember Pre-Flashpoint Cass was only beaten twice respectively by Shiva and Cricket.