Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    At the end of Tynion's Tec and during Hill's arc, she acted as a bit of a mentor, but it was all "this is a new thing" not something that was implied to have been going on for a while.
    If anything good could come from Doomsday Clock, then I hope that it’s a full restoration of Cass ties with the Batman family. The Rebirth/52 version is just tough to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If anything good could come from Doomsday Clock, then I hope that it’s a full restoration of Cass ties with the Batman family. The Rebirth/52 version is just tough to deal with.
    I loved Cass as Batgirl and would've been fine with her as the only Batgirl and Barbara continuing as Oracle. I don't mind her as "Black Bat" but the name "Orphan" just seems ridiculous as a super hero name! "Oh No! Here comes the Orphan!!" :P Also, the name "Spoiler" seems pretty ridiculous as a hero name. I like Steph's character, but the name sucks!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I loved Cass as Batgirl and would've been fine with her as the only Batgirl and Barbara continuing as Oracle. I don't mind her as "Black Bat" but the name "Orphan" just seems ridiculous as a super hero name! "Oh No! Here comes the Orphan!!" :P Also, the name "Spoiler" seems pretty ridiculous as a hero name. I like Steph's character, but the name sucks!
    99% of all superhero names suck. Orphan is no less ridiculous than Batman , Wonder Woman or Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    99% of all superhero names suck. Orphan is no less ridiculous than Batman , Wonder Woman or Flash
    I'll have to agree to disagree on that one! Yes, there are some bad names out there, but "Orphan" is a terrible name (in my opinion of course).

I'll have to agree to disagree on that one! Yes, there are some bad names out there, but "Orphan" is a terrible name (in my opinion of course).
    Agreed. Hate the name. Give her back her pre-flashpoint history. I can accept she’ll never be batgirl again, but she’s 10 times more interesting with her past as batgirl left intact. For the love of god, at least give her a new costume and code name.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    Agreed. Hate the name. Give her back her pre-flashpoint history. I can accept she’ll never be batgirl again, but she’s 10 times more interesting with her past as batgirl left intact. For the love of god, at least give her a new costume and code name.
    Exactly. Her Batgirl past gives her a lot of depth, and a lot of history with the Bats (outside of Jason, but the two have barely ever interacted, which is just a waste of potential).

Can't go back to Black Bat, due to copyright issues, but there should be a better name than "Orphan".

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Exactly. Her Batgirl past gives her a lot of depth, and a lot of history with the Bats (outside of Jason, but the two have barely ever interacted, which is just a waste of potential).

Can't go back to Black Bat, due to copyright issues, but there should be a better name than "Orphan".
    I always thought black bat was a cool moniker, but I had no clue there were legal issues involved with that name. Shame.

I wouldn’t mind something like her costume in young justice. Cass has always looked better with a cape to me. Just give her a bat symbol and bam, perfect. I liked her black bat costume a lot too, but I missed her cowl. It’s the coolest part of her design to me.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    I always thought black bat was a cool moniker, but I had no clue there were legal issues involved with that name. Shame.

I wouldn’t mind something like her costume in young justice. Cass has always looked better with a cape to me. Just give her a bat symbol and bam, perfect. I liked her black bat costume a lot too, but I missed her cowl. It’s the coolest part of her design to me.
    Agreed.

I think the Young Justice look capture's Cass style perfectly, with the mask, cape, and even the hood works. Add a bat-symbol and it would look better, but then it would basically be her Batgirl costume .

I really hope they do make her Batgirl on the show at some point, but I'm not sure how much development she'll get.

What makes Orphan & spoiler bad names but Batgirl and Black Bat good ones?

Orphan = Oh, look...she has no parents. Poor thing!
    Spoiler = Uh oh, lock up your lunch meats and perishables.... the "spoiler" is coming. I'd hate to have my bologna and milk spoil. :P

Orphan = Oh, look...she has no parents. Poor thing!
    Spoiler = Uh oh, lock up your lunch meats and perishables.... the "spoiler" is coming. I'd hate to have my bologna and milk spoil. :P
    Bat girl = “uh oh, it’s a girl dressed like a bat! Except she’s really not? Pointy earred girl dressed in black must’ve been already taken”
    Black Bat = “My god! Another person. Dressed in dark clothes. Calling themselves a bat”

Bat girl = “uh oh, it’s a girl dressed like a bat! Except she’s really not? Pointy earred girl dressed in black must’ve been already taken”
    Black Bat = “My god! Another person. Dressed in dark clothes. Calling themselves a bat”
    Sorry, I'll take names like Batman, Batgirl, Black Bat, Spider-man, Superman, etc, any day of the week over "Orphan" and "Spoiler". To me they rank right up there with "Matter Eater Lad" and "Condiment King". You don't have to agree with me, that's ok.

Sorry, I'll take names like Batman, Batgirl, Black Bat, Spider-man, Superman, etc, any day of the week over "Orphan" and "Spoiler". To me they rank right up there with "Matter Eater Lad" and "Condiment King". You don't have to agree with me, that's ok.
    I think the name Orphan fits Cass's Young Justice costume very well.

Spoiler is a great name because it tells her original reason for becoming a vigilante; to spoil her father's plans. And the name has humor in it thus fitting Steph's personality very well.

Black Bat is as lame as naming yourself Wet Water, Hot Lava or Dark Night, it's such a "no **** Sherlock" name.
    Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 04-10-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

Orphan invokes nothing, while bats have a long, storied history in myth, even well beyond Batman himself.

Also, duh

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Orphan invokes nothing, while bats have a long, storied history in myth, even well beyond Batman himself.

Also, duh
    The long, storied history of Bat mythology doesn’t make the name “Batman/batgirl or Black bat” sound any less ridiculous.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 04-10-2019 at 04:21 PM.