Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    soooo? if their mastery over their powers doesn't increase compared to their student days maybe there was no point in attending the school to begin with.
    The fact that they need to evolve as characters doesn't necessarily mean that their powers have to evolve.
    Take for example Rogue: she has had in my opinion the most interesting character development. From mutant terrorist to reluctant hero, from reliable ally to team leader. But her powers didn't evolve until X-Men: Legacy #224 (2009).
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    The fact that they need to evolve as characters doesn't necessarily mean that their powers have to evolve.
    Take for example Rogue: she has had in my opinion the most interesting character development. From mutant terrorist to reluctant hero, from reliable ally to team leader. But her powers didn't evolve until X-Men: Legacy #224 (2009).
    but dani powers did evolve over time, they did multiple times as a matter of fact, she's been kinda powerless for a decade (except for her asgard connection) but now that she is back as a mutant it wouldn't be a bad idea to re explore what she is good about in terms of power.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Scott's been written by white men most of his comic book his-tory.
    Same with Wolverine.

So it's possible to do the right thing isn't it?
    Last edited by sungila; 04-26-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Does Danielle still use her original powers? the greatest desire/fear illusions? How about the psi-arrows? (any different from Psylocke's knife, or the same?)
    Does she officially still go by "Mirage" now or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Does Danielle still use her original powers? the greatest desire/fear illusions? How about the psi-arrows? (any different from Psylocke's knife, or the same?)
    Does she officially still go by "Mirage" now or something else?
    She just got her powers back but the answer appears to be yes to all. She hasnt used an actual illusion yet but theres no reason to believe that she cant

Anyone read Marvelous X-men because their was a weird scene where Nate and Jean were sealing a rift, it showed Dani and Nate in training uniforms talking and she mentions someone watching and waiting for her.

art by Magickmarker

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Anyone read Marvelous X-men because their was a weird scene where Nate and Jean were sealing a rift, it showed Dani and Nate in training uniforms talking and she mentions someone watching and waiting for her.
    it also has Dani confess to loving Nate, and I didnt realize they were that serious

That's part of what made it weird.

Nicieza did an interview with the XPLain the X-men podcast and he said one of his biggest regrets had to do with Dani. X-Force Annual which featured her was originally written more tragic and she was supposed to be deeper, sadder and conflicted. Bob Harras, the editor at the time heavily rewrote it bc he felt it was too somber for the character and softened it up, especially in her internal monologues. He also said he wish he had been able to do more with Dani and had planned too but was fired from the books before his material could become canon

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nicieza did an interview with the XPLain the X-men podcast and he said one of his biggest regrets had to do with Dani. X-Force Annual which featured her was originally written more tragic and she was supposed to be deeper, sadder and conflicted. Bob Harras, the editor at the time heavily rewrote it bc he felt it was too somber for the character and softened it up, especially in her internal monologues. He also said he wish he had been able to do more with Dani and had planned too but was fired from the books before his material could become canon
    I met Mr. Nicieza and I mentioned how I loved that annual and his run on X-Force and how disappointed I was that he didn't continue after AoA. That's when he told me he was fired. I really, really wish he had stuck around because I was really interested in the whole Reignfire situation and what would've happened to X-Force because of his revelation. Then, we got Loeb and Pollina. Woe to the republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Iceman is an example of what happens when people have nothing interesting to write about the character part of the character (even though some good has come of it), Doug should've never returned, and Illyana, while an example of power development that made her much more interesting, could have gone very wrong because vertically developing superpowers in ongoing serialized comic books with no end-point must be approached with extreme caution. If you're going to buff the girls (and Dani's fine as is), general full telepathy would be the worst way to go about it because it is the worst of both worlds where the characters are becoming more powerful but less interesting.

Other readers: It would be cool if they buffed--

Me, Chief of the Fun Police: You're gonna have a bad time.

agreed, dani should remain with her psionic fear inducing heart desires and greatest fear casting ability. her connection with animals and psionic death replay ability she only displayed once in claremonts revolution run. her"evolving" into a generic telepath would do far more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    agreed, dani should remain with her psionic fear inducing heart desires and greatest fear casting ability. her connection with animals and psionic death replay ability she only displayed once in claremonts revolution run. her"evolving" into a generic telepath would do far more harm than good.
    Absolutely agree. Keep her specific and prioritize the abilities she has (although at this point we really don't know what her actual powers are).
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

This is spoilerish but whatever. Dani's not dead! She survived the experience that was Rosenberg's Uncanny X-men

I honestly didn't expect that. I dropped the title months ago because I just want having fun, and the constant threat to favourite characters (RIP Chamber) was annoying.