Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Our girl

Its also confirmed that Dani isnt the person on the Brooks/Hickman promo art. Thats a brand new character
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-01-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Our girl

Its also confirmed that Dani isnt the person on the Brooks/Hickman promo art. Thats a brand new character
    Probably a relation of some sort though. The only other thing he said was it's not an Infinity Warp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope it’s a relative. Give Dani some interesting connections to the mythos.

Nothing's ruling out an AU character, either. As long as its not the real Dani, I'll probably be fine with it.

Why isn't an American Indian writer, or a Cheyenne creator involved in War of the Realms?

Dani Monster is being 'used' and its wrong.

Its been said, its been spoken, its been written, its been elegantly, artistically and generously communicated that Dani Moonstar is important, that how she is represented, how she responds to and inhabits her place in X-books matters to us all and that there are indigenous creators, scholars and fans willing to take the best of Dani's Cheyenne representation and even more so...her personal fully powered mutant selfhood...and build from that a more meaningful, complex and true modern hero for our times...it's just not okay to ignore...not okay to make do...not okay not to listen, not to engage, not to encourage and do the right thing by Dani Mononstar.

When I shut up my adolescent enthusiansm and pause and just look at the cover of the solicited War of Realms Dani Valkyrie embodied statement I feel defeated, I feel ashamed and once again complicit in the mistreatment, negation and violent displacement of America's Indigenous people.

It's the X-Men! It's Marvel Comic Books! C'mon!
    This is the medium that should do better.
    This is the medium that needs to do better.
    This is the medium that should be progressive, that should be inclusive that should accept and challenge its own cannon, be brave and super heroic in the telling of its story about Dani Moonstar..ideally by Dani Moonstar.

Or any one of the many American Indian comics creators who would be willing and interested in doing the work.
    X-Books may be so fortunate. But then again, it's definitely not anybody's job or duty to fix things for anybody.

Why aren't the scholars of indigenous representation in American media even consulted about how problematic the absorption of Dani into Norse mythology at the expense of her Cheyenne heritage and her power-set prior to M-Day is and always has been? Nobody even stops to think about what it means to de-power her indigenous powers and give her white powers.

I am a big fan of Dani Moonstar. I've also been extremely personally guilty of misrepresenting her in my ignorance and stubborn willingness to not only accept but imaginitively endorse her as somebody else...a concept...as a Cheyenne Storm...ugh...I'm sick of me and my 'yea buts'.

Transforming NOW changes what was...by NOT ERASING...by NOT IGNORING...she's Dani Moonstar. She's Cheyenne. She accents her uniform her own way. She has her own powers. She makes your fears real. She's not a Norse legend or an American Indian myth...she's the leader of the New Mutants, she's, also and always has been the X-Men, to me.

To be honest, declaring this protest as my protest in my words and my perspective is itself problematic, at least it feels that way to me, its not for me to say...but I don't have to...and yet...here I am...talking about it.

Here:
    I hope you'll read James Leask
    https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2015/0...dani-moonstar/

and check out THE INDIGENOUS COMIC CON
    https://www.indigenouscomiccon.com/#!hotels/ju1sq
    Last edited by sungila; 04-02-2019 at 05:58 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

^ I'm totally with you here.

On Battle of Atom podcast, Matthew Rosenberg said that Dani being in two comics at once right now was absolutely planned. He said that Vita has been a friend of his for a long time and they are in constant communication. He also mentioned that when they were making Dissassembled they had spreadsheets pointing out where every character was and whether or not they could appear in Age of X-Man.

There's a decent appearance of Dani in Prisoner X today. She was only in a few pages but got alot of lines and we saw a flashback of her old life

ETA: Read Uncanny and good news for us Dani fans spoilers:
    she's been cured of the transmode virus thanks to Dark Beast. Im not sure if I trust him but thats what we're going with
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-03-2019 at 02:27 PM.

BANNED

There's a decent appearance of Dani in Prisoner X today. She was only in a few pages but got a lot of lines and we saw a flashback of her old life...

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-04-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Why is Dani giving Scott the sexy pose? I kinda ship them from this scene. Everyone seems supportive but Illyana

BANNED

... Why is Dani giving Scott the sexy pose? I kinda ship them from this scene. Everyone seems supportive but Illyana

The writers better not be trying to start a love rectangle between Dani, Scott, Jean and Nate, the X-men relationship chart is complicated enough.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The writers better not be trying to start a love rectangle between Dani, Scott, Jean and Nate, the X-men relationship chart is complicated enough.
    Lol we all know Scott is attracted to women with psychic abilities. If Dani truly has hers back, then she’s gonna be on his radar
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-04-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Don't forget Emma.

Lol we all know Scott is attracted to women with psychic abilities. If Dani truly has here back, then she’s gonna be on his radar
    And of course the feeling is mutual. The only reason it didn't happened before with Dani is that they haven't been on the same team together.