Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    With Dani and Shan the writers have set limits with what they can and can't do, and that can force them to get creative with pushing those limits in new and interesting ways.
    that's what I want too, I just hate when they are written like discount quality telepaths
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    ... With Dani it should be more varied illusions not limited to fear/desire, more powerful empathy, a precognitive danger sense somewhere between a Spider-sense and Death sense, psychometry to see what's happened in the past in an area.
    And her psychic arrows should be manifestations of those powers, forcing her enemies to feel what she wants them to feel, see what she wants them to see. Or she could shoot an arrow to create an illusion from 60 yards away.
    I like the sounds of all this, it... feels right. Even tho it's probably linked to her empathy, would just wanna add in animal rapport, as a special mention.

here are some fun applications of danielle's power:

wondering how she would look with short hair:

hair dany.jpg

showing sam a formula he could not remember:

formula.jpg

animal bonding:

animal.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I like Dani's powers leanin' a lil' bit more into empathic than telepathic territory. Her having more insight into the emotional aspects of living beings versus their thought processes, would seem to work better for who her character is, I think. Not to mention what her Mutant talents already are, and the areas they encompass.

And didn't she use her illusion abilities at one point, to recreate a recently transpired (traumatic?) event, via a projection derived from the residual energies it left behind? Like a form of post or retrocognition, as it were, pretty much. I wanna say it was with Wolverine, as they were investigating a (crime?) scene, and she did it sensing the ghosts that still remained in the machine. IDK, could be confusin' her with Lorna, tho.
    Yes. She used her powers to recreate a scene in Uncanny X-men where Sinister was attacked and killed by the Neo. She was creating it from left over psionic energy from the event. That’s when she was supposed to be working with Forge.

I think keeping her powers distinctive from other psionic is way better. When she was undercover with the MLF she would use the psionic bow and arrows to have the victim see and feel their greatest fear. She’s had some great ideas, but no one follows through and then M Day happened.

She went from spirit forms, to more solid like illusions, to physically created items of ones desire, to the psionic arrows to hit people from a distance with fear, to the projections of events from psionic energy to no powers. I don’t know why anyone isn’t taking those powers and using them to their fullest and next evolution.

Yes, more Valkyrie powers.. not when Hela grants them

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Yes. She used her powers to recreate a scene in Uncanny X-men where Sinister was attacked and killed by the Neo. She was creating it from left over psionic energy from the event. That’s when she was supposed to be working with Forge.

I think keeping her powers distinctive from other psionic is way better. When she was undercover with the MLF she would use the psionic bow and arrows to have the victim see and feel their greatest fear. She’s had some great ideas, but no one follows through and then M Day happened.

She went from spirit forms, to more solid like illusions, to physically created items of ones desire, to the psionic arrows to hit people from a distance with fear, to the projections of events from psionic energy to no powers. I don’t know why anyone isn’t taking those powers and using them to their fullest and next evolution.

Yes, more Valkyrie powers.. not when Hela grants them
    Dani has powers that can be explored.. She is a empath who as a telepathic link to animals, can sense danger, and project illusions. I think they should try to incorporate her former energy abilities to then expand upon her mental gifts. I know they can work quantum energy into her manipulating psionic energy.. If Jeen can have a pink form.. Dani should do something with that former quantum energy manipulation..

As far as Karma, I dont mind her being a low level telepath- reading surface thoughts, changing memories, psionic blasts.. Her real power should be controlling people. She should be able to control most minds and be able to fight off being controlled. She be able to variations of other telepathic stunts with her on unique twist.. maybe touch folks and gain the ability to control that central nervous system.. control bio functions. I also would not mind a secondary offensive mutation that makes her more useful in combat..I have been waiting for hydrokinetic on the team for ever or she can channel psionic energy into kinetic energy or even a physical mutation..

I was a curious.. does she still have a cybernetic leg or was that healed?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I was a curious.. does she still have a cybernetic leg or was that healed?
    she still has the prosthetic

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

So...is Dani going to get Valkyrie angel wings, or no?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    So...is Dani going to get Valkyrie angel wings, or no?
    Uh.
    I hope not Dude.
    What makes you ask that?

Dani will get wings only for Daddy Malekith to tear them off, fry them, and eat them with fries and coleslaw. Freeing her from the Norse cultural invasion.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Uh.
    I hope not Dude.
    What makes you ask that?
    Seeing Valkyrie Jane with wings just made me wonder.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Seeing Valkyrie Jane with wings just made me wonder.
    Chances are Dani will no longer be a valkyrie. Jane becomes one bc all the other valkyries will be destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Chances are Dani will no longer be a valkyrie. Jane becomes one bc all the other valkyries will be destroyed
    This is what I fear. Jane has already been slated to be the last Valkyrie. So I think this mini will result of stripping Dani of her valkyrie connections.
    As for her natural, mutant powers, I loved that Claremont didn't have all psi have the same powers. It wasn't until the 90s where writers got lazy and treated all psyches the same. Either they were power telepaths that could do everything, or worst: telpath/telekinetic combos.
    Xavier: powerful telepath
    Jean: powerful combo
    Emma: powerful telepath
    Dani: empathic illusions/ animal connection
    Besty: telepathy, precognition (and some wield psi-blast that could penetrate Juggernaut's helmet)
    Justice: straight telekinetic
    Rachel: super powerful combo with some temporal abilities
    Masterminds: powerful illusion casters

That why I kind of hate Exodus: the one stop shop for mental powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    This is what I fear. Jane has already been slated to be the last Valkyrie. So I think this mini will result of stripping Dani of her valkyrie connections.
    As for her natural, mutant powers, I loved that Claremont didn't have all psi have the same powers. It wasn't until the 90s where writers got lazy and treated all psyches the same. Either they were power telepaths that could do everything, or worst: telpath/telekinetic combos.
    Xavier: powerful telepath
    Jean: powerful combo
    Emma: powerful telepath
    Dani: empathic illusions/ animal connection
    Besty: telepathy, precognition (and some wield psi-blast that could penetrate Juggernaut's helmet)
    Justice: straight telekinetic
    Rachel: super powerful combo with some temporal abilities
    Masterminds: powerful illusion casters

That why I kind of hate Exodus: the one stop shop for mental powers.
    Karma not only has tele possession but other powers as well but this is not the thread to discuss this
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-22-2019 at 08:42 PM.

BANNED

Who is the real Dani??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Who is the real Dani??
    Real Dani is in UXM and not the one in AoXM.

How could she be in AoXM when she was

1. TO-virus by Warlock in Dead Souls,
    2. captured by gen. Callahan,
    3. starred as a Valkryie in WoTR,
    4. sensed Rahne's death
    5. Dani didn't answer Jean's call for help because she was captured