Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Dani Moonstar: Mirage Appreciation 2019

Now that these will be restarted on an annual basis, I thought it best to treat 'em as editions or volumes, that focus mainly on what's coming up in the new year:

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    ... AGE OF X-MAN: PRISONER X #1 (of 5)
    VITA AYALA (W) • GERMAN PERALTA (A) • Cover by PATCH ZIRCHER
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    SECRET VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY Inhyuk Lee
    ENTER THE AGE OF X-MAN!
    In the Age of X-Man, when you break the law, you aren’t sent to just any prison. You’re sent to the Danger Room…a penitentiary filled with the roughest and meanest mutants that don’t fit into X-Man’s utopia. They each have a reason for being there. And they’re all ready to kill each other. But that’s about to change, because the newest prisoner just arrived…Lucas Bishop!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99...

... UNCANNY X-MEN #13 & #14
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
    ISSUE #13: SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    ISSUE #13: VARIANT COVER BY DAVID FINCH
    ISSUE #13: CHARACTER VARIANT COVER BY BENGAL
    ISSUE #14: SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
    ISSUE #14: CHARACTER VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Cyclops and Wolverine have drawn together a new team of X-Men from the ashes of “X-Men Disassembled,” and now they turn their eyes to setting their agenda. Cyclops has a list…a list of things the X-Men have to take care of…if it’s the last thing they ever do.
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)...

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

maybe a variant for the new Uncanny team
    Dani x2?!! 8D

https://www.foxmovies.com/movies/the-new-mutants

IMDB.com, The New Mutants (2019)
    Five young mutants, just discovering their abilities while held in a secret facility against their will, fight to escape their past sins and save themselves.

Dr. Cecilia Reyes: Did you know baby rattlesnakes are more dangerous than adult ones? They haven't learned how to control how much venom they secrete. All of you are dangerous. That's why you're here.
    release date: 8/2/19...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Mutants_(film)
    • Blu Hunt as Danielle Moonstar / Mirage: a Native American mutant "who has the power to create illusions drawn from the fears and desires of a person's mind". ...

BANNED

But also directly leading up to her Uncanny appearance(s), what happened recently during the last year, in...

... mini:

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-09-2019 at 10:19 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

Hmmm...

... some foreshadowing, perhaps?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-09-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Do you mean foreshadowing as in that it will be revealed that the Moonstar who appeared in New Mutants: Dead Souls wasn't the real Dani Moonstar? That is perhaps why Illyana states that Dani doesn't belong there, in that last scene that you posted. She really isn't one of them? If that is what you are suggesting, it would be one explanation for how Dani could appear in Age of X-Man. Perhaps Nate decided to replace Dani with a fake so that he could keep her for his own? Or am I reading your post incorrectly? I'm kind of tired, and out of my mind right now, so it wouldn't be the first time that I misread some one's post.

EDIT: I hope that my above paragraph makes sense to anyone who reads it, because I have read it a few times, and I'm not sure if I understand my own post.

But regardless, I hope that Dani is given her mutant powers back in either AoXM or Uncanny X-Men.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-10-2019 at 02:56 AM.

Wouldn't be the first time Dani has been duplicated.

Well, we will find out relatively soon just how it is that Dani is able to appear in Age of X-Man, duplicate or not. I had thought that Nate had duplicated her just so he could have her in his reality with him. But, if the description of AoXM that has been described in some places is correct, love is to be outlawed. I don't know why he would bring her along in that case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Do you mean foreshadowing as in that it will be revealed that the Moonstar who appeared in New Mutants: Dead Souls wasn't the real Dani Moonstar? That is perhaps why Illyana states that Dani doesn't belong there, in that last scene that you posted. She really isn't one of them? If that is what you are suggesting, it would be one explanation for how Dani could appear in Age of X-Man. Perhaps Nate decided to replace Dani with a fake so that he could keep her for his own? Or am I reading your post incorrectly? I'm kind of tired, and out of my mind right now, so it wouldn't be the first time that I misread some one's post.

... regardless, I hope that Dani is given her mutant powers back in either AoXM or Uncanny X-Men.
    Close enough, it's one or the other. From the Uncanny #9 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I think AoXM Dani might be an anomaly, maybe even some sort of (psychic) construct. She appears to be free of any TO virus, and the cover also indicates her Mutant powers could be back. I do believe tho, that it's possible the real 616 Moonstar's... consciousness, could somehow be involved. Maybe the TO infection made it more... available.

Could mean nothin' & probably does, but I took note that JDW referred to the AoXM one as being Moonstar, with Prisoner X writer Vita Ayala confirmin' by calling her Dani. Meanwhile, Rosenberg referred to his Uncanny version as... Mirage. Play on words, perhaps?

It could be interesting if Dani-Locke turned out to be Mystique, given that Mystique is on Cyclops's list. I'm not sure how Dani would get to the AoXM, though. Unless Nate stashed her away somewhere before the New Mutants mini.

It would be nice if Dani and Nate's relationship had some impact on the story, instead of just being ignored.

Incredible Member

Some french covers by Jean Frisano with Dani:
    titans-n201-1124625-264-432.jpg
    titans-n100-1123696.jpg
    1066154707.jpg
    Last edited by mogwen; 01-16-2019 at 06:30 PM.