Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

So after much speculation. Waiting for other characters to appear, like X-23 and Psylocke in the upcoming promos. Including the fact that there are multiples of the same character. Looking at you Logan. My guess is the Nightcrawler looking Gambit is one of the new characters and Dani with Magik and Colossus is the other. For some reason I thought it would be two seperate titles called House of X and Powers of X. Maybe it is maybe it is not. Maybe it has to do with some sort of history and what if events maybe not. Also noticed how Angel is on Dani's side :P
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Did they say the teaser had new characters in it? Proof that that's not Dani would be welcome.

And, yes, I did notice.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Have they ever interacted on panel? That could be interesting
    The only scene between the just two of them that I can recall, occurred when Dani was leaving a visit with imprisoned Illyana just as Peter was arriving and they had a brief exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yasmine Putri’s variant:

the artistry of the artwork in comics usually on my radar Daaaayum
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I hope it means they are doing something new and interesting with the character! I’m really intrigued. She’s quite prominent on that image.
    probably another Wolverine lol

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

More "faux cover" fun, this time with Dani. Back story...

Odin asks Dani in her role as the last Valkyrie to preside over Asgard for a handful of days while he is incapacitated during the great Odin Sleep. To assist Dani, Odin grants her the ability to assume five of his more common disguises. Those guises are Herian (The ruler); Helblindi (the avenging Hell-blinder); Oski (god of wishes); Grimnir (The stealthy hooded one who travels wherever his will desires and can pass any barrier); and the mysterious Raven God. Odin also commands his ravens, Huginn and Muninn, and his wolves, Geri and Freki to follow Dani and heed her as though her commands were his own. Lastly, Odin advises to never awaken him, no matter how dire the circumstance. Dani agrees and with that Odin drifts off to sleep.

As instructed, Dani uses Odin's various disguises to administer the kingdom and acquits herself well, fooling Odin's oldest and closest allies into believing that she is him. Even Odin's occasional mistress Jord (Thor's mother, Gaea) is hard-pressed to tell the difference and Dani finds herself enthralled by the charms of the Earth Mother for an evening.

But as these yarns go, the fun doesn't last.

By the end of the sixth day of the Odin Sleep, the All-Father does not stir. Another week goes by and still Odin does not stir. A month goes by and still Odin does not rise. This would be cause for considerable concern, but for the fact that it was on the 3rd day of the Odin Sleep that Asgard's most ancient and most powerful enemies attacked. The Asgardians put up a valiant fight, with Dani at the vanguard, but the enemies tear through their ranks as easily as a hawk's talon slices through air. None are spared.

As the losses mount, Dani realizes that Lord Odin may never awaken … and perhaps the enemy is the reason for that. It is the wolf, Freki, that tells her that she needs to go with him to obtain the Lost Eye of Odin. The eye holds the power necessary to win the day. But it is the raven, Muninn, that warns Dani that the path to the eye goes through the Casket of Ancient Winter and she may find herself losing something of greater value in order to steal the Lost Eye of Odin. Without hesitation, Dani heads off with the wolves to find the eye.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-24-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

LOL Great story, great picture, but are you seriously going to leave us hanging like that? What happens next?

Dani preview

Hmm, technovirus or just scratches? Looks like just scratches, to me.

Is that a glowing sword or glowing bow that got cut off?

And do we seriously have to wait for War of the Realms for Dani to actually get to do something other than act as Magik's backup dancer?

Probably.

When does issue 1 come out, anyway?

Has anything been written about Dani from the perspective of an Indigenous person or, more specifically, a Cheyenne person?

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2015/0...dani-moonstar/

This post is really fascinating and I was wondering if there is anything else out there.

BANNED

Much like the inaugural issue, keepin' fingers X'd that neXt week's Prisoner X #2 gives us a more inspired portrayal of Dani, than what Rosenberg's been servin' up in Uncanny.

Rosenberg interview where he talks Dani, the team and War of Realms

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-of-the-realms

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Has anything been written about Dani from the perspective of an Indigenous person or, more specifically, a Cheyenne person?

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2015/0...dani-moonstar/

This post is really fascinating and I was wondering if there is anything else out there.
    That's the only one I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Rosenberg interview where he talks Dani, the team and War of Realms

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-of-the-realms
    I actually found that interesting.

BANNED

Ooh, now THAT got me hyped:

... Cyclops injured and Wolverine missing, Dani takes charge. ... she has a great team behind her—Magik, Karma, Wolfsbane, Chamber, Havok, Banshee, Hope, Cyclops, Multiple Man... and maybe one more mysterious team member returning to the fold. ...

... Something happens in the War of the Realms... I can't say what or Jason Aaron will kill me, but it has a profound effect on Dani. I can't really say more than that, but when people see what happens I think they will see Dani in a new light. ...

... Matthew has written some shocking surprises that I can’t wait for you guys to read...

... there are some major moments in here that X-Men fans aren't going to want to miss. I don't want to give too much away, but there are going to be some tearful reunions and maybe some tearful goodbyes in the book. War is hell, after all.
    Much thanX, Psycwave!