Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    that bow is not very impressive, any non powered medium-tech-equipped hero would be far more formidable than she could ever hope to be, even a gun would be scarier honestly.
    I'd like to think the chick who literally showed people their greatest fears knows what's scary and how to use fear to intimidate lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Because bows and arrows keeps her a "cowboy and Indians" character that white writers like.
    eh it made since since her psi powers evolved into her becoming a much more ranged hero what other than the B&A would she chosen? a sword? well perhaps without the light saber comparison...still less range than B&A Gun? well it was the 80s seeing a indigenous girl blast Villians with a gun probably frowned upon...plus Xavier would be very suspect being okay with A child in his charge using a gun as her power Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    But why would she still be callin' herself Mirage, this whole time she didn't have them?
    "Only codenames in the field" tight ass Cyclops
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I don't see why she would have lost her bow and arrow back then though: they weren't a temporary augmentation of her powers like the quantum ones, they were always explained as a more aggressive use of her own fear-inducing mutant abilities, an evolution but very much her own. Let's all ignore that single reference and be glad Dani is back and kicking ass! (Not that she needed her powers to do that, but still)
    Don't get me wrong, I like the psychic bow and arrow. They're a great visual and when used well they have the potential to be a great evolution of Dani's classic powers.

But that's not what we've gotten so far from Uncanny. They're just laser arrows that she's had for the past few issues, we haven't seen them actually work on anyone yet so the psychic fear/desire/illusionary aspect of the power hasn't been highlighted at all. We've gotten more focus on Magik's teleporting and soul sword hijinks in practically every issue

They just barely explained how Dani got her mutant powers back, in a tweet no less, so it doesn't help that for whatever reason she couldn't do this before she was depowered.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like the psychic bow and arrow. They're a great visual and when used well they have the potential to be a great evolution of Dani's classic powers.

But that's not what we've gotten so far from Uncanny. They're just laser arrows that she's had for the past few issues, we haven't seen them actually work on anyone yet so the psychic fear/desire/illusionary aspect of the power hasn't been highlighted at all. We've gotten more focus on Magik's teleporting and soul sword hijinks in practically every issue

They just barely explained how Dani got her mutant powers back, in a tweet no less, so it doesn't help that for whatever reason she couldn't do this before she was depowered.
    Oh I very much agree with you. Frankly, wasting pages over a fight with a Magneto clone anyone barely remembered being alive instead of addressing how Danielle got her powers back, why Hope decided to join the X-Men and perhaps how Scott feels about having been mutilated is a clear example of poor storytelling.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Oh I very much agree with you. Frankly, wasting pages over a fight with a Magneto clone anyone barely remembered being alive instead of addressing how Danielle got her powers back, why Hope decided to join the X-Men and perhaps how Scott feels about having been mutilated is a clear example of poor storytelling.
    Exactly. Like I said in other threads, Rosenberg is more interested in crossing off the list plots he wanted to do rather than exploring the characters or the consequences of the events.

I always saw the bow and arrow as her version of Psylocke's psi-blade. The focused totality of her psi-powers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Yeah after waiting so long, Rosenberg sure made the return of her powers feel very anticlimatic when it should have been a monumental moment

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah after waiting so long, Rosenberg sure made the return of her powers feel very anticlimatic when it should have been a monumental moment
    Especially since she was the last MAJOR character to be depowered. It was halfassed when there a ton of quarterassed in-universe reasons to give her back her powers and maybe more. But I'm glad they're back, nonetheless.

Jubilee: *gets a long arc about how being a vampire is slowly tearing her relationship with Shogo apart, and a student gets significant character development by sacrificing their godly power for someone they now consider 'family'*

Dani: My powers are back. Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I'd like to think the chick who literally showed people their greatest fears knows what's scary and how to use fear to intimidate lol
    I'd like that too, but usually it just works on cannon fodder, the main villain will tell us how he "conquered his fears a long time ago" and just ignore it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Especially since she was the last MAJOR character to be depowered. It was halfassed when there a ton of quarterassed in-universe reasons to give her back her powers and maybe more. But I'm glad they're back, nonetheless.

Jubilee: *gets a long arc about how being a vampire is slowly tearing her relationship with Shogo apart, and a student gets significant character development by sacrificing their godly power for someone they now consider 'family'*

Dani: My powers are back. Life is good.
    Meanwhile:

Cyclops: "Oh, no, I was maimed! Can't use my powers! My life will change forever...nope, never mind"
    Hope: "I accidentally maimed and nearly murdered my own grandfather, the only family I have left! My father would be so disappointed! What do I...oh, never mind, then, I'm good!".

Mighty Member

Rosenberg’s tweet is just lazy writing. I’m glad she has her powers back, but just addressing it in a tweet is like everything else that’s happening off panel.

I want some psychic arrows nailing people where we have them seeing their greatest fears or dreams. Please

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm thankful that her depowered phase is finally over, but I'm sad it was done in such a nonchalant way. Should have been a bigger moment, and something explored in the comic, not explained via a Tweet. Happy that she's a mutant again though.

Now that her powers are officially back, I want to see them explored and expanded on. I want Dani to become more of a seasoned illusionist who's able to manipulate the perception of her opponents. Since she can see a person's greatest fears or desires, she should also be empathic and capable of manipulating emotions. Simply shooting arrows is gonna get boring real fast

Incredible Member

First let's rejoice Dani's power are back! Now if she and Xi'an could become full-fledged telepaths. I think they deserve it, if only as a compensation for all those years of underuse!

A few old french covers with Dani!
    Couv_136890.jpg

titans-n100-1123696.jpg

titans-n201-1124625-264-432.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    First let's rejoice Dani's power are back! Now if she and Xi'an could become full-fledged telepaths. I think they deserve it, if only as a compensation for all those years of underuse!

Couv_136890.jpg

titans-n100-1123696.jpg

I dont want them to bc that would make them fairly generic. I like that they have their specializations. The writers just need to delve into those and do more interesting things with them to give them indirect telepathy. Like Dani could be able to create an illusion of herself that talk to a person, stimulating an astral projection for communication. She can already create illusions based off a person's memories so she can use that as an indirect way to scan a person's mind and gather intel by creating lifelike recreations of that. Id prefer that over making her a Native American Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post

Couv_136890.jpg

titans-n100-1123696.jpg

okay.... where Dafuq is Sunspot...

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    okay.... where Dafuq is Sunspot...
    he's in the bottom left of the last image. He's mostly covered by text