Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    okay.... where Dafuq is Sunspot...
    Here he is Sorry!
    m_59d7de12b61298.31232520.jpg

TITANS-N°73-collection-LUG-super-héros-version.jpg

Titans-N°66-Lug-1984-Star.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont want them to bc that would make them fairly generic. I like that they have their specializations. The writers just need to delve into those and do more interesting things with them to give them indirect telepathy. Like Dani could be able to create an illusion of herself that talk to a person, stimulating an astral projection for communication. She can already create illusions based off a person's memories so she can use that as an indirect way to scan a person's mind and gather intel by creating lifelike recreations of that. Id prefer that over making her a Native American Jean Grey.
    Dani and Xi'an have always used some kind of telepathy. I remember Dani using Cerebro or Xi'an using Psi-fields. For me them becoming full fledged telepaths has always be the next step, maybe not on the level of jean and Emma, but for me it would make sense that on a comics about evolution, the character's powers would be allowed to grow!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I wouldn't mind if Xi'an became a full fledged telepath. Her powerset as is doesn't really get utilized effectively, and perhaps an upgrade would remedy that. I'd leave Dani the way she is though. I think the illusions, and other developments she's gotten (psionic bow, and rapport with animals) are enough. That and her fighting skills I think are perfect for Moonstar.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    but for me it would make sense that on a comics about evolution, the character's powers would be allowed to grow!
    power creeeeeeeeeeep
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Xi'an became a full fledged telepath. Her powerset as is doesn't really get utilized effectively, and perhaps an upgrade would remedy that. I'd leave Dani the way she is though. I think the illusions, and other developments she's gotten (psionic bow, and rapport with animals) are enough. That and her fighting skills I think are perfect for Moonstar.
    something like sense living people in her surrounding and maybe a little mind probe would complement her well. Especially the sensing part, like an indian tracker!
    For xi'an, I think mind probe and a psychic blast wouldn't be too much for her!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    power creeeeeeeeeeep
    soooo? if their mastery over their powers doesn't increase compared to their student days maybe there was no point in attending the school to begin with.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    soooo? if their mastery over their powers doesn't increase compared to their student days maybe there was no point in attending the school to begin with.
    Exactly, characters that don't evolve disappear! Bobby evolved, Illyanna too! Even Doug evolved. But Dani and Xi'an? No!

ha ha thanks man...that's made my 420 so far.
    and jeez French comics look pretty damn intense

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    he's in the bottom left of the last image. He's mostly covered by text
    HA dude thanks I see him now I honestly didn't at firstAnd was like whaaaat
    Last edited by BroHomo; 04-20-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    ha ha thanks man...that's made my 420 so far.
    and jeez French comics look pretty damn intense

EDIT:
    HA dude thanks I see him now I honestly didn't at firstAnd was like whaaaat
    If you want more I made a thread about Fisano's Marvel covers:https://community.cbr.com/showthread...44#post4306344 I update it regularly!

Iceman is an example of what happens when people have nothing interesting to write about the character part of the character (even though some good has come of it), Doug should've never returned, and Illyana, while an example of power development that made her much more interesting, could have gone very wrong because vertically developing superpowers in ongoing serialized comic books with no end-point must be approached with extreme caution. If you're going to buff the girls (and Dani's fine as is), general full telepathy would be the worst way to go about it because it is the worst of both worlds where the characters are becoming more powerful but less interesting.

Other readers: It would be cool if they buffed--

Me, Chief of the Fun Police: You're gonna have a bad time.

I agree with Snoop which is so rare. /s

When we get a bunch of omega-whatevers with no uniqueness beyond energy blasts, we end up with Disassembled fighting scenes. If the psychic arrows caused their worst fear to manifest like they used to then that’d be cool, but probably not much beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Iceman is an example of what happens when people have nothing interesting to write about the character part of the character (even though some good has come of it), Doug should've never returned, and Illyana, while an example of power development that made her much more interesting, could have gone very wrong because vertically developing superpowers in ongoing serialized comic books with no end-point must be approached with extreme caution. If you're going to buff the girls (and Dani's fine as is), general full telepathy would be the worst way to go about it because it is the worst of both worlds where the characters are becoming more powerful but less interesting.

Other readers: It would be cool if they buffed--

Me, Chief of the Fun Police: You're gonna have a bad time.
    sure they need to differentiate themselves from general tp users otherwise it would be boring, I'd like them to dig on the reasons why they are not your generic telepath, I want them to be special so let's explore what their powers do well and make it cool, I just want a bit of sci-fi explanation to satisfy my nerdy side
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

I like Dani's powers leanin' a lil' bit more into empathic than telepathic territory. Her having more insight into the emotional aspects of living beings versus their thought processes, would seem to work better for who her character is, I think. Not to mention what her Mutant talents already are, and the areas they encompass.

And didn't she use her illusion abilities at one point, to recreate a recently transpired (traumatic?) event, via a projection derived from the residual energies it left behind? Like a form of post or retrocognition, as it were, pretty much. I wanna say it was with Wolverine, as they were investigating a (crime?) scene, and she did it sensing the ghosts that still remained in the machine. IDK, could be confusin' her with Lorna, tho.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-20-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I agree with Snoop which is so rare. /s

When we get a bunch of omega-whatevers with no uniqueness beyond energy blasts, we end up with Disassembled fighting scenes. If the psychic arrows caused their worst fear to manifest like they used to then that’d be cool, but probably not much beyond that.
    boutta print this post out, frame it, hang it around my neck when I go outside, get a full security team to protect it, and look to it for guidance in times of turmoil, it shall now be known as rosebud

I'm with Havok and Snoop. Keeping Dani and Xi'an mostly specialized helps to separate them from the pack. There's just so many telepaths in the X-Men, and due to the power creep almost all of them are "Omega level" which means they can do basically everything, but they often just end up doing the same things over and over (overpowering enemies with brute force tactics, psychic weapons, or spontaneously developing telekinesis)

With Dani and Shan the writers have set limits with what they can and can't do, and that can force them to get creative with pushing those limits in new and interesting ways.

I'm not saying their powers shouldn't grow, but I think they should evolve in ways that keep them unique, organically from the powers they already have.

With Dani it should be more varied illusions not limited to fear/desire, more powerful empathy, a precognitive danger sense somewhere between a Spider-sense and Death sense, psychometry to see what's happened in the past in an area.
    And her psychic arrows should be manifestations of those powers, forcing her enemies to feel what she wants them to feel, see what she wants them to see. Or she could shoot an arrow to create an illusion from 60 yards away.