Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    ... double (or triple) Dani is the best...
    No doubt, talk about 0 to 60, I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dani!

WAR OF THE REALMS: UNCANNY X-MEN #1 (OF 3)
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • PERE PEREZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    CONNECTING REALMS VARIANT COVER BY MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    VARIANT COVER BY WHILCE PORTACIO
    VARIANT COVER BY John Tyler Christopher

The War of the Realms has come to Midgard…and Westchester! Malekith’s forces are invading Earth, and the heroes of Earth are joining with the heroes of Asgard to fight them back! Who better to lead the X-Men into that war than their very own Valkyrie, Dani Moonstar?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    beautiful cover! Dani looks fierce and focused at the same time. ...
    It really is, the best I've seen of her from the comics, in a while. Lovin' EVERYthing about this, tho, to be sure.

... as long as her death sense was revealed to have a different origin, I'd be happy if they got rid of her Asgard ties all together. ...
    Same, I'd prefer her just being a Mutant again.

I forgot to mention this yesterday. I think that his is great news for Dani, and the other New Mutants involved in this story. I've been really enjoying Aaron's Thor run, and the lead up to War of the Realms has been terrific, in my opinion. The general opinion on Aaron's Thor seems to be a little more divided among Thor fans on CBR's Marvel forum, though.

You clearly have more faith in Marvel to pull something like this off than I do.

I just want Dani back to her pre-M-day self. For that matter, as long as her death sense was revealed to have a different origin, I'd be happy if they got rid of her Asgard ties all together. I used to love the connection, but these days it just seems like baggage.
    I think that I would prefer for Dani to lose her Valkyrie powers also. I like Asgard well enough, but I think that Dani's real home should be with the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Asgardian Wars by Claremont is the only Asgardian NM story I liked. The year they spent there later in the run was god awful

Like I said earlier in my post, I think that Thor has been a really good comic lately. I know that War of the Realms will be a crossover with multiple writers, but I'm pretty confidant in where this story is going.

I only hesitate to recommend this comic because everyone has different views on what's a good story, and I don't like to tell people how to spend their money just in case they come away displeased with the crossover, and how much they spent on it.
    Hopefully, the New Mutants part will be self contained, just so readers who are only interested in the New Mutants wont have to spend money on a character or comic. that they may not typically like.

I LOVE Valkyrie Dani, but if the Thor books weren't smart enough to use her extensively while she was in X-Limbo then might as well just make her a mutant or keep her as the most badass ex-mutant ever.

Incredible Member

Hello, if you see my posts on the board, you'll learn quickly that I'm not found of the 90's at Marvel.
    But in this avalanche of shoulderpads and Jim Lee clones, one of the few things I liked were Dani's psychic arrows!
    It's the bridge for me between Dani's telepathy and her cheyenne background.
    One of the things I'd like is for Dani and Karma to become better (and why not one day full-fledged) telepaths. It seems like a natural evolution of their powers.
    The pity with the former new mutants is that, while a lot of mutants evolve, get secondary mutations or become Omega, Sigma, whatever level, this generation seems almost frozen in time.
    I hope the writers at Marvel give Dani and her generation the place they deserve.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Interview with Rosenturd on Uncanny.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...c-con-arizona/
    SF's decidedly derogatory nickname notwithstandin', Dani gets a mention...

... that’s actually a big theme in the book–the ideas of leadership and who the leaders are. A lot of people pointed out Jean and Storm are gone, but a lot of people aren’t picking up on that the team is stacked with leaders. It’s Dani Moonstar and Jamie Madrox and Havok and Cyclops and Magik and Wolverine–they’re all captains, so there’s definitely a dynamic of what we’re going for of what authority means and who gets it that we’re trying to examine. ...
    ... FIRST! That it was the best part, goes without saying. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I LOVE Valkyrie Dani, but if the Thor books weren't smart enough to use her extensively while she was in X-Limbo then might as well just make her a mutant or keep her as the most badass ex-mutant ever.
    Yeah, I really dig Valkyrie Dani it just sucks that the Thor books seem to forget about her. It would've been super cook to have her hanging around with Jane Foster during her tenure as Thor. With the way the x-books can get stagnant I like that Dani at least has that possibility to go somewhere else and get more development. It's like when Berto was with the Avengers. Such a great time for him.

I'm still iffy on how much faith I have in Rosenberg to give me what I need from Dani but I'm excited she's at the forefront nonetheless.

Dani is recognized as one of the 13 Greatest X-man

dani
    DANI MOONSTAR
    The greatest X-Men are the ones whose character growth has been believable and organic over many story arcs. Dani is one such character that longtime readers have watched grow through an awkward childhood to blossom into a confident adulthood with all the pitfalls along the way. Yet, even from the beginning as a young student of Professor Xavier, Dani’s best characteristics were already taking form. Her stubbornness with authority figures and intense protectiveness over her friends are trademarks to this day. Again and again, when no one believes Dani or knows how to be there for her, she takes her problems head-on while still working to keep her friends safe. That’s why she’s a great X-Man and one of their most underrated leaders.

This is someone that told all of the New Mutants that Xavier was bad news when he was being controlled by the evil aliens The Brood, and when they didn’t believe her she took on Xavier herself. Then, when she told them of her nemesis Demon Bear, the New Mutants still didn’t believe her, and she was forced to take the fight right to the Bear on its own turf. She was put in a coma and yet still came out on top with the help of her friends, and all of this is still just the beginning of Moonstar’s story.

Dani became a Valkyrie of Hel for a while and rode a winged horse named Brightwind. She had some adventures working under Hela but shifted her allegiances as her ethics dictated. She started teaching at the Xavier Institute. Most importantly, any time her friends from the New Mutants needed her, she has always been there. Dani Moonstar’s sense of honor is unique even among superheroes, and that’s why she’s one of the best.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-13...en-of-all-time

Parts of this are very inaccurate for one thing Dani never told anybody about the demon bear being after her.

Didn't Dani tell them about the nightmare about the bear she had in issue 1 or 2?

Interesting response from Zac Thompson here: https://twitter.com/letstalkreed/sta...796168705?s=19

Sounds like Dani's relationship with Nate won't be ignored.

BANNED

... Interesting response from Zac Thompson here: https://twitter.com/letstalkreed/sta...796168705?s=19

Sounds like Dani's relationship with Nate won't be ignored.
    The mystery deepens & the intrigue grows. I think this response:

... I am kind of confused as Dani is kind of in a Warlock-ized state in Uncanny X-men cover and at the end of New mutants 6 but she is also in Prisoner X. Kind of confused how that's possible but interested in finding out the answer to both of them in the marvelous x-men book!
    ... speaks for everybody. Nice find, Arachne, thanX!

Amazing Member

Isn't that Trinary is Prisoner X?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydiaz81 View Post
    Isn't that Trinary is Prisoner X?
    Writer and JDW said Dani

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Isnt she also supposed to be in Uncanny as well? I thought they would not have the same characters. Not that I'm complaining, I would love Dani to get that much exposure. Just curious...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Isnt she also supposed to be in Uncanny as well?...
    Yes, she's in both... apparently, so there's 2 of her. And she'll be appearing in 3 books simultaneously, with her headlinin' the WotRUXM mini. It's the best time to be a Dani fan!!!

So she's created by Nate. Wonder if he'll create her with her Mutant Powers?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.