Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    When Dani is a Valkyrie, is she a hybrid of Cheyenne and Norse world-views?
    I'm not sure what you mean by worldviews. If you mean religious beliefs, she knows the Cheyenne goes exist like the Norse ones, but we've never been told how that has affected her view.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Dani's not Siryn, her getting a new part time job and getting her old powers back won't detract from the story.
    Getting her old powers back certainly wouldn't, but becoming a goddess could make her hard to write. And where would she be, in the x-books or the Thor ones? Despite her upcoming appearances, I doubt they'd let her be in both. (Although, she is C. B.'s favourite...)

I just think it'd cause complications and she'd end up falling through the writing cracks, with no one knowing what to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    beautiful cover! Dani looks fierce and focused at the same time.
    I like Rahne's cross too, it shows well her contradictions.
    So, looks like they're going back to their first costume. Don't know what that means in terms of character development.
    That's Dani's most recent costume, I don't know why Xi'an and Illyana are in their old ones. It might just be for the cover.

I like Rahne's cross, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by worldviews. If you mean religious beliefs, she knows the Cheyenne goes exist like the Norse ones, but we've never been told how that has affected her view.

Getting her old powers back certainly wouldn't, but becoming a goddess could make her hard to write. And where would she be, in the x-books or the Thor ones? Despite her upcoming appearances, I doubt they'd let her be in both. (Although, she is C. B.'s favourite...)

I just think it'd cause complications and she'd end up falling through the writing cracks, with no one knowing what to do with her.
    It's not like Dani would have to be every issue of Thor or any at all and power of a full demi-god isn't much greater than that of her Valkyrie mode.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope we see her mutant powers activated in this
    If we keep putting this out into the universe, its bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    It's not like Dani would have to be every issue of Thor or any at all and power of a full demi-god isn't much greater than that of her Valkyrie mode.
    You clearly have more faith in Marvel to pull something like this off than I do.

I just want Dani back to her pre-M-day self. For that matter, as long as her death sense was revealed to have a different origin, I'd be happy if they got rid of her Asgard ties all together. I used to love the connection, but these days it just seems like baggage.

Nice to see Dani getting some recognition. Thanks juan678.

In NM v3 it was suggested that Cyclops was grooming Dani as his hand picked successor as leader. I hope this is acknowledged and he sends her off to lead the X-men

It should show her place on the team, anyway. It's going to be a nice few months for Dani fans.

You clearly have more faith in Marvel to pull something like this off than I do.

I just want Dani back to her pre-M-day self. For that matter, as long as her death sense was revealed to have a different origin, I'd be happy if they got rid of her Asgard ties all together. I used to love the connection, but these days it just seems like baggage.
    Some of Dani's and by extension the New Mutants best stories are tied to Asgard, I wish the Academy X kids could have had their own Asgardian adventure back when Dani, Shan and Rhane were teaching them.

Asgardian Wars by Claremont is the only Asgardian NM story I liked. The year they spent there later in the run was god awful

Acts of Vengeance. Dani was possessed almost the entire time and then quit the team. Not a fun time.

That's Dani's most recent costume, I don't know why Xi'an and Illyana are in their old ones. It might just be for the cover.

I like Rahne's cross, too.
    They're probably meant to be their very similar Dead Souls costumes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So nobody liked the Siege, Fear Itself and Exile crossovers?

Nice to see Dani getting some recognition. Thanks juan678.
    Thanks Arachne

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...97441001295872