Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thank you. I've been mostly using traditional media, lately. I've forgotten a lot about digital, but it was fun playing with it. I should use it more for inking, then that Chamber pic wouldn't be showing through at the bottom.

Question: Who wrote Dani the worst?

My instincts says Guggenheim, but it's been awhile since I've read Young X-men. I can't think of any writer that really treated her badly. I was disappointed with Weir and DePhilips when I reread it, but it wasn't really horrible, it just kind of dulled her down. Have I blocked something from my memory?

New pic. I'm not sure it's finished, yet, but I thought I'd post it, anyway.

MoonstarOnToned.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

MoonstarOnToned.jpg
    Whoa. That is amazing! I still have trouble with faces but not body size or muscle. Need to practice more.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Question: Who wrote Dani the worst?

My instincts says Guggenheim, but it's been awhile since I've read Young X-men. I can't think of any writer that really treated her badly. I was disappointed with Weir and DePhilips when I reread it, but it wasn't really horrible, it just kind of dulled her down. Have I blocked something from my memory?
    I feel the same way. Maybe it's due to the way Dani is used by writers that there is less of a screw up compared to the more popular x-men. Just look at the times Wolverine has been written badly or as a buffon. With Dani is mostly underutilized or neglected that may have saved her from things that most x-men have tarnished history.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Whoa. That is amazing! I still have trouble with faces but not body size or muscle. Need to practice more.
    Thanks. Funny you should say that, I was just thinking I need to work more on muscle structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I feel the same way. Maybe it's due to the way Dani is used by writers that there is less of a screw up compared to the more popular x-men. Just look at the times Wolverine has been written badly or as a buffon. With Dani is mostly underutilized or neglected that may have saved her from things that most x-men have tarnished history.
    It's not just the most popular X-men, though. What prompted the post was me thinking about how badly some of the New Mutants/X-force characters have been written. Berto and Tabitha having an affair during J F Moore's run, Shatterstar becoming so pathetic during Loeb's run, poor Rahne with the cannibalism and homophobia, Sam in the last ongoing.

Dani's been really lucky.

It's not just the most popular X-men, though. What prompted the post was me thinking about how badly some of the New Mutants/X-force characters have been written. Berto and Tabitha having an affair during J F Moore's run, Shatterstar becoming so pathetic during Loeb's run, poor Rahne with the cannibalism and homophobia, Sam in the last ongoing.

Dani's been really lucky.
    Wow, I completely forgot about Rahne. I don't know if I just pushed it on the back of my mind or what I did to make myself forgot the horrible situation she was in. How did I miss this?

And she lost a child (and the baby's father) on top of all that. The girl should be needing serious psychological help at this point.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

MoonstarOnToned.jpg
    Totally awesome work on both Dani pics.

I'm still trying to figure out which Dani I want to draw for my Dani faux cover -- New Mutants Dani, Valkyrie Dani, or "Odin Sleep" Dani (a crazy idea that's been bouncing around my head for the past year or so). Anyone have a 3 sided dice they can loan me?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Good. Dani SHOULD be leading the Uncanny X-men

ETA:

She looks normal on UXM 19

Last edited by Havok83; 03-19-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Totally awesome work on both Dani pics.

I'm still trying to figure out which Dani I want to draw for my Dani faux cover -- New Mutants Dani, Valkyrie Dani, or "Odin Sleep" Dani (a crazy idea that's been bouncing around my head for the past year or so). Anyone have a 3 sided dice they can loan me?
    Thanks!

Odin Sleep Dani is something we never see. Might be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good. Dani SHOULD be leading the Uncanny X-men

ETA:

She looks normal on UXM 19
    She looks normal on both covers. I hope that means she is.

Dani looks so good outside of the blue/black and yellow.

If Dani doesn’t cured before, I’m hopeful that Dark Beast/mutant cure can maybe reverse engineer Dani to getting her powers back.

BANNED

Lovin' that WotR cover, she looks supercalifragilisticeXpialidocious.