Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    The evidence contradicts itself a lot of the time, though.

Anyway, I was just thinking how strange it is that Dani has anxiety attacks due to her death sense, now, when she didn't have any psychological problems after being tortured in Fall of the New Mutants. Hmm, actually I just think it's weird that she didn't have problems after being tortured, especially when Abnett and Lanning brought a councillor into the book to help other characters. I know this kind of thing is usually swept under the rug in comics, but maybe it should have at least been referenced later on.
    Dani's original powers forced her to feel whatever her target was experiencing, (whenever she pulled up someone's fear she was basically inflicting psychological torture on herself) this may hardened her somewhat, combined with both a high pain threshold and high pain tolerance, she would just shrug it off. The only way to really hurt Dani is to attack her psychically or go after someone she cared about.

The X-Forums feel so empty for the past few weeks. At least Dani is giving me comfort for these difficult times. So how is everyone and anything you guys are looking for? Anything to start up some more conversation or maybe some ideas you want to share?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Dani's original powers forced her to feel whatever her target was experiencing, (whenever she pulled up someone's fear she was basically inflicting psychological torture on herself) this may hardened her somewhat, combined with both a high pain threshold and high pain tolerance, she would just shrug it off. The only way to really hurt Dani is to attack her psychically or go after someone she cared about.
    That makes her sound a little too inhuman. I think it's more likely she's either getting help off panel, or she's burying the trauma. I can see her handling it a lot better than most, but there should have been some reference to what she went through after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    The X-Forums feel so empty for the past few weeks. At least Dani is giving me comfort for these difficult times. So how is everyone and anything you guys are looking for? Anything to start up some more conversation or maybe some ideas you want to share?
    I thought I was going to have some art to post tonight, but something went horribly wrong and I have to start over.

What to talk about... Powers? Love life? Should she go back to teaching? Who's ass should she kick next? I mean, other than Nate's.

Hmm, how about your favorite Dani story other than the Demon Bear or the original Asgard story? Mine would be the MLF plotline. It's such a shame it got cut short. I wish we knew what was supposed to happen after AoA.

I thought I was going to have some art to post tonight, but something went horribly wrong and I have to start over.

What to talk about... Powers? Love life? Should she go back to teaching? Who's ass should she kick next? I mean, other than Nate's.

Hmm, how about your favorite Dani story other than the Demon Bear or the original Asgard story? Mine would be the MLF plotline. It's such a shame it got cut short. I wish we knew what was supposed to happen after AoA.
    That is unfortunate about the art. One time I got a corrupted file and was not able to finish.
    In regards to storylines I like X-Infernus and Age of X version of her. Sadly with most new mutants storylines, they get hijacked by Illyana. I love her but wish to see others get their due. Right now excited to see her in the regular series and prisoner X. It was not dissapointed and I do enjoy a good mystery.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

The art problem was only partially tech based. I was using the Magic Poser app for reference and hadn't realized I'd twisted the arm too much. By the time I realized what was wrong, I'd drawn the sketch too heavily to erase. Should have the new version finished sometime today.

Dani was in X-infernus? I'd forgotten that, if I knew. Age of X was great, although I wish we found out more about her. House of M was pretty good, too. It was nice to see her take on Donald Pierce directly. Sadly, I think she was more in character in that alt reality than she was in all the rest of Weir and DePhillips run. A real shame because I liked everything else about their writing.

Anyone find it strange that in the last 3 X-men AU's, Dani is recognized as a mutant but never displays any powers?

Yep. They're trying to have their cake and eat it too. If they did give her back her powers in an AU and then took then away again, I'd be pretty annoyed. Heck, I'm annoyed that Legion gave Chamber back his powers in AoX but not Dani.

At least in this one she's wearing an inhibitor collar.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't want Dani to go back to teaching personally. She's been sidelined enough. Moonstar should be out there kicking ass, and being part of an X-team, not teaching the next generation full time.

Agreed! I never really liked the idea of her teaching. Xi'an, Sam, Rahne sure, but Dani and Roberto? Why would anyone think that was a path they were likely to take? A class here and there, maybe, but looking after the kids full time?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Agreed! I never really liked the idea of her teaching. Xi'an, Sam, Rahne sure, but Dani and Roberto? Why would anyone think that was a path they were likely to take? A class here and there, maybe, but looking after the kids full time?
    Dani really should have broken into the big leagues a long time ago. I always thought out of all the New Mutants, she was most definitely going to be a major player in the X-Men, and its sad to see her squandered so much. I agree with seeing her teaching a class or two, here and there, but she really needs be out there with Storm, and some of the other more established characters at this point. Moonstar, Magik, and Sunspot, should be integrated more into the main rosters, and not just New Mutant spin-offs. I think the whole M-Day thing really threw the character for a loop, and I hope that gets rectified soon. Give Moonstar her illusion powers back, and have her back in the field ASAP.

Before I'd say that I'd love to see Cannonball there alongside them as well, but with him being a father now, I think teaching could work well for the character. Something that could keep him involved with the X-Men, but more stationary for the family he now has. Karma always gets jobbed, and with her younger siblings, a teaching role could lead to her actually being utilized better. Wolfsbane needs some positively, and perhaps a stint watching over some of the students could provide that.

For some characters, being a teacher makes sense, but I don't think that's the path that works best for Dani.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 03-14-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Dani's mother is a teacher and her personality is well suited for teaching, she is protective by nature but willing to smacking some sense into her students when they screw up, of course she is equally suited to work with animals(vet or wildlife rescue), to be a full time superhero or SHIELD agent.

Just because she's qualified, doesn't make it her calling.

Finished the line art for the sketch. Hopefully, I'll have it coloured tomorrow.

Just because she's qualified, doesn't make it her calling.

Finished the line art for the sketch. Hopefully, I'll have it coloured tomorrow.
    That is good news.

BANNED

... I'm still going with the theory that the Dani in AoXM is a copy and that Dani will end up with memories of both realities. ...
    Agree, but would use the word fragment, instead of copy.