Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So she's created by Nate. Wonder if he'll create her with her Mutant Powers?
    Could be, and yes, I think it's fair to say that the hope is this how the real Dani gets them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Could be, and yes, I think it's fair to say that the hope is this how the real Dani gets them back.
    WHat like when AoXM!Dani and 616!Dani meet, they'll automatically fuse together creating the SUperior!Dani? Armed with Mutant and Valkyrie powers?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    WHat like when AoXM!Dani and 616!Dani meet, they'll automatically fuse together creating the SUperior!Dani? Armed with Mutant and Valkyrie powers?
    Something like that, yes, that they are two parts of a whole. Maybe AoXM Dani is somehow a missing (stolen?) piece of 616 DaniLock's psyche/soul/spirit, sorta, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Something like that, yes, that they are two parts of a whole. Maybe AoXM Dani is somehow a missing (stolen?) piece of 616 DaniLock's psyche/soul/spirit, sorta, I guess.
    Considering what I've heard of Nate's shamanism combined with David's Reality Warping, it sounds plausible.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I say she kills Cul and becomes the new god of fear, which is how Fear Itself should have ended.
    That works for me. I don't think that Marvel writers have gone far enough to establish that Valkyries are goddesses by definition, and that Dani is a goddess, too.

In a perfect world, Dani would keep her true Valkyrie powers and Asgardian physical attributes and regain her mutant abilities as well. I'd tweak it slightly, though, that she'd be able to use fear and death to further increase her physical abilities, reaction times, healing ability and psionic powers. The last place that you'd want to fight Dani is on a battlefield, with scores of people dying all around her and everyone deathly afraid. I suppose a hospital would be the other place where you wouldn't want to face Dani. She could foment fear by tapping other's worst fears, but she could also allay it by absorbing the psychic energy into herself. She'd be a great help to friends and allies as her powers would allow them to operate calmly and with clarity in a crisis situation. The danger, of course, is that Dani could become addicted to the intense, rapture-like depersonalization euphoria that occurs whenever she is overwhelmed by fear and death.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

So with Dani's absence from Prisoner X's connecting cover:

... evidence grows there's some sort of mysterious masquerade @ hand.

Forge is there, tho, and she was still shown on #2:

... so the plot continues to thicken, 'cause ya know... inhibitor collars.

She's not a fake; she's a mirage

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The danger, of course, is that Dani could become addicted to the intense, rapture-like depersonalization euphoria that occurs whenever she is overwhelmed by fear and death.
    I don't think that would happen. Dani feels what her targets feels and the death sense has been shown to give her anxiety attacks. She's more likely to get addicted to using her powers to show people their greatest desires. Either direction would be an interesting place to take her story, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's not a fake; she's a mirage

There is a part of Dani that wants to feed off the death of others.

That was actually feeding off death because of Selene's magic, though. Nothing to do with how her Valkyrie abilities work, as far as we know.

Admittedly, I've always wondered if there was supposed to be some connection. Maybe that scene is why Dani could become a Valkyrie or something.

Dani does seem to have an affinity for death magic, but the only time she's ever cast a spell was in X-Men the End when she combined Cheyenne and Norse magic while dying to become a full Valkyrie.

That was a good scene. And the second alt reality where Dani became a true goddess.

With the two separate connections to death magic, and the dropped Demon Bear plotline (there were hints that the bear wasn't a random occurrence), I can't help feeling Claremont had a plan for her we never found out about.

Wild speculation here, and it would probably be bad news for Dani and her fans, but maybe she was going to be an avatar of Death. Kind of like the Phoenix hosts. It doesn't tie into her powers very well, though...

BANNED

Was unaware of this, but thought it was pretty interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse:_The_Twelve
    ... Master Mold... revealed the nature of the Twelve: "The dozen mutant humans who will one day rise up and lead all of mutantkind in war against Homo sapiens in the twilight of Earth." He was stopped, but not before revealing several other possible candidates, including Danielle Moonstar, Cannonball and Psylocke. ...
    ... not surprised tho, in the least. More of a confirmation than anything IMO, of her potential, and Mutant powers in general.

IIRC, when they actually did the Twelve story, Dani was nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    IIRC, when they actually did the Twelve story, Dani was nowhere to be found.
    Not quite. Xavier approached her but she pretty much told him to f--k off and that ended any involvement she could have had in the story