Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Should They Give WW Her Pre New 52 Look Back?

Since both Superman and Batman got their pre N52 costumes back, should they give Diana her original costume back?

I see no reason for it to return given the current costume is well liked just fine.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-15-2019 at 11:24 PM.

It's not like her current costume is New 52 anyway. It should either be classified as the movie costume or the Rebirth costume. The costume in New 52 that Chiang used was very much the classic 70s swimsuit.

And no.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

If you mean mini skirt with stars, then maybe but the swimwear. No!

No, it wasn't really necessary with the other two

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I see no reason for it to return given the current costume is well liked just fine.
    Have you seen or taken a poll, or is this just anecdotal evidence?

Because I am not much of a fan of the New52 or movie version of her costume.

I wouldn't care if they did but she really has no old part of her look that comic folk just can't let go of like the trunks on Superman and Batman. She's had multiple incarnations to how the bottom-half of her attire looked before, from long shorts, to short shorts, to bikini, to skirt. The bikini is probably the most classic, but again there's still been more than one alternative throughout the years. Unlike Superman and Batman who just have trunks and trunkless, and the trunks have dominated the time with trunkless designs still being very recent comparatively.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It's too soon right now, but give it a few more years and people will probably become bored with the Xena suit.

Incredible Member

Nope. I still want Wonder Woman to have an even MORE practical-looking costume!

So, I'm definitely not keen to see Diana return to wearing a tiny one-piece swimsuit (unless DC Comics imposed strict guidelines on how Wonder Woman was to be portrayed, for example, the panties are not a thong, the bodice is not 10 sizes too small, Diana's head shouldn't be smaller than each of her breasts, Diana's waist should be the same thickness as her bicep, etc).

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I wouldn't mind. I miss it. I never saw it as a bikini and I prefer it more because with her classic suit it only comes with only the lasso as opposed the the warrior skirt which comes with the damn sword and shield.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Have you seen or taken a poll, or is this just anecdotal evidence?

Because I am not much of a fan of the New52 or movie version of her costume.
    I didn't say every body liked it. I said it was well liked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I wouldn't mind. I miss it. I never saw it as a bikini and I prefer it more because with her classic suit it only comes with only the lasso as opposed the the warrior skirt which comes with the damn sword and shield.
    The sword/shield and the battle skirt armour are not that related.

From what I can tell, Azzarello was the start of the heavily sword-wielding Wonder Woman, and back then she used a swimsuit costume (though with a different black-and-red colour scheme). Rebirth introduced the armour skirt, but note that Rucka didn't have her use a sword, and neither did Orlando in her short run.

I think the issue rather is that artists not familiar with Wonder Woman have become too influenced by the movies, and see the sword as a simple way to put something dramatic into Diana's hands. Lets hope that WW84 can help to correct that assumption.

BANNED

Depends. They still use her N52 look in the animated movies and Young Justice, perhaps because it's the least revealing

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Depends. They still use her N52 look in the animated movies and Young Justice, perhaps because it's the least revealing
    They've added a skirt or at least ... "panels" in Young Justice: Outsiders haven't they: https://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/Y...scaled_800.jpg

I have no real attachment to the old costume. Her new one is fine, why mess with it?