Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Default What should Dina's Secret identity career be? (Assume WW has a secret identity)

This is not a Debate on whether Diana should have a secret identity. Just Assume she has a secret identity.

I personally think she will choose to be a Doctor! It fits her character

I think she should be a professor at Holliday College.

Spectacular Member

I always liked her in some role with military intelligence. Maybe not a nurse as she started out, but a ranking officer in the military (as she comes from a culture of soldiers and warriors) with access to information about security threats that she then proceeds to handle as Wonder Woman.

Owner of a high end boutique and clothing line that morphs into a lifestyle brand ala the Honest Company

I always thought about a self defense teacher and that her house could be a safe haven for abuse victims.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I think she should be a professor at Holliday College.
    This. I like the idea of her being a Teacher of some sort

There's a thread about ideas for what to do for Steve Trevor, and there I detailed an idea for an independent, private investigation agency she and the cast would run focusing specifically on myth/magical cases. To avoid government meddling a front for this agency would be a museum/library/research facility of ancient cultures. Publicly Diana Prince would be the curator of this museum, while being the leader as Wonder Woman of its true purpose.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

So ... a truly "secret" identity? I guess it would need to have extremely flexible working conditions so that Diana could run-off to save the world at any time on any day. That would presumably rule out a lot of occupations, otherwise she'd soon be fired for always being late or leaving early.

I guess it would either need to be something where she is self-employed or where her job requires her to always be "on the go" / out of the office.

I'm inclined to go with some kind of antiquities dealer who consults with collectors and museums around the world. I know that's Diana Prince's occupation in the DCEU, but I think it fits pretty well. I also think it provides good storytelling opportunities because a collector could task her to find some legendary artefact and, in doing so, she discovers that it has actual magical / mystical abilities and she then transports it to Themyscira for safekeeping. Or a museum asks her to examine a newly donated exhibit and she discovers that it has some deep dark secret, setting up a mystery for her to solve.

I'd also open to Diana being a philanthropist / humanitarian, but that's not so much a "secret identity" since Wonder Woman should also be those things.

Perhaps running a women's shelter? It's smaller scale than being a worldwide known philanthropist, but still allows her to do "good" when not wearing her heroic armour. It would also perhaps help to alleviate any homesickness she feels if she builds a community of "Amazon" sisters from the women in the shelter. I'm just not sure that the storytelling possibilities are as juicy or that they may be too dark (e.g. Diana hunting down abusers). I guess it could be interesting to have someone like Mercy Graves, running from her relationship with Lex Luthor, or Harley Quinn after leaving the Joker, seeking shelter there. Or ... was it Giganta who was brainwashed / spelled into loving Felix Faust (or Gorilla Grodd) in JLU? Or perhaps I'm misremembering that completely!

Some sort of government investigator. Purely because of the old TV show. What was it again, the IADC I think? Gotta catch another rerun of that.

I don't mind her being a teacher but how would this affected her when she has to save the world? Also what about her degrees? I think the best way is that somehow Holliday College and the amazons are linked in someway. I say this since one of my ideas is a real gateway. You have mirrors and other artifacts taken you to another dimensions or cities.

Diana would definitely be part of the freelance economy; sometimes an adjunct professor at Holliday University, or a special advisor to ARGUS, possibly an interpreter for VIPs traveling abroad, at times a curator of art and history at the Gateway museum and other museums, or a member of a progressive think tank... I see Diana as someone using all her skills and intellect as Diana Prince to explain and discover the world around her as well as be a force for change, supporting the mortals who are doing good work in the world.

I also think she needs multiple opportunities to express everything that’s part of her nature, in juxtaposition to someone a like Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 01-13-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Everyone already said classic spy/miltitary secret identity; So I'm gonna go with Museum Curator who collects mystical objects and investigates the supernatural

I like the idea of her as a martial arts instructor. People usually think of Oriental styles, but there are actually quite a lot of styles that count. Capoeira, Krav Maga, old style Greco-Roman wrestling(which was more centered on actually killing your opponent than modern forms), even British style boxing technically counts. It's often mentioned that Amazons know a wide variety of combat techniques and skills, well, why not have her share that?

Which is why I think her teaching people the way of the amazons. It would be interesting to see women and men being has strong as a normal amazon.

I actually really love the museum curator from the film