Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Anyone got any thoughts on my Circe origin idea posted above?

My idea for a Circe story. Remember the part in the Odyssey where Odysseus and his men stumble across Circe's island and get turned into animals? I'd add a twist to that. Odysseus and his men do find the island but instead are given shelter and food by Circe who has no ill intentions toward them. However, Odysseus drugs Circe and robs her home and kills her daughter Lyra. On their way, some of Odysseus' men consume a plant that was on Circe's island which turns them into beasts and kill some of the men who weren't turned. This betrayal by Odysseus as well as the following slander would be what sets Circe on a path to darkness. She'd also try to appeal to the Amazons as both are women who've been shunned and slandered by the world if men.
    Hmm... one interesting note from the legends is that Circe had a daughter named Cassiphone who was NOT Odysseus'. Although, in the myths Cassiphone is far from a helpless damsel as she avenges Circe's death. But in a story where Circe lives, a role reversal would make sense.

Noticed earlier today that Circe will be getting her own show on HBO! It’s nothing WW related but it was pretty awesome to share.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...r-novel-adapt/
    Last edited by MarquisAsh; 07-30-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Coolest thing Circe ever did is still this:
    Agreed, too bad the event wasn't allowed to be developed more (a longer, detailed storyline which explored Circe's time as usurper WW and its effects on the wider DCU), oh well...
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-01-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Thanks for the love guys!

In all seriousness, I am so glad Circe is finally getting some love... she was used very sparingly for years (like, New 52 to rebirth). The convoluted and overly complicated backstory + undefined power level might scare off some writers, but I feel like there is so much they could do with her still and plot threads that they’ve never resolved between her and Diana. I’m glad they finally rebooted the Hecate storyline with Witching Hour... it was hard to understand before but this one made more sense and has opened the door for her to come back, potentially on a War of the Gods level threat. She’s such a fun character, her writing has just been all over the place... but that’s true for a lot of characters haha. Of course, I’m biased.

Speaking of inconsistency, Circe might be in the running for major characters with the most complete redesigns.. I feel like that might be a good question for this thread... what’s everyone’s favorite Circe appearance? Personally I love what DCUO did with her Amazons Attack/Who is Wonder Woman? look with the bodysuit and loincloth (not the dreadful bikini, they’ve since redesigned her to look more like the concept art)

I will say though, I do miss the pink hair a little. Fun, in a crazy way. I am a fan of her Rebirth look, I love the braids especially, but not a fan of the “mortal” look - for Circe, I don’t think it really fits... she said it herself, there’s a certain level of camp that she does well.

I might as well throw this in here show Circe some more love.

For those interested Circe will be heavily featured in DC/Marvel Crossover story "Convergence Point" in which I give her an OC daughter (who first shows up in chapter three) with Dr. Doom. -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agreed, too bad the event wasn't allowed to be developed more (a longer, detailed storyline which explored Circe's time as usurper WW and its effects on the wider DCU), oh well...
    It'd have made a fun story arc in it's own yeah. It was paired with the "Agent Diana Prince" story, they could have had WW and Agent Prince actually walking around as separate people. But they didn't have Circe actually make much effort to be a hero, so....
    Quote Originally Posted by Circe View Post
    Thanks for the love guys!

In all seriousness, I am so glad Circe is finally getting some love... she was used very sparingly for years (like, New 52 to rebirth). The convoluted and overly complicated backstory + undefined power level might scare off some writers, but I feel like there is so much they could do with her still and plot threads that they’ve never resolved between her and Diana. I’m glad they finally rebooted the Hecate storyline with Witching Hour... it was hard to understand before but this one made more sense and has opened the door for her to come back, potentially on a War of the Gods level threat. She’s such a fun character, her writing has just been all over the place... but that’s true for a lot of characters haha. Of course, I’m biased.

Speaking of inconsistency, Circe might be in the running for major characters with the most complete redesigns.. I feel like that might be a good question for this thread... what’s everyone’s favorite Circe appearance? Personally I love what DCUO did with her Amazons Attack/Who is Wonder Woman? look with the bodysuit and loincloth (not the dreadful bikini, they’ve since redesigned her to look more like the concept art)

I will say though, I do miss the pink hair a little. Fun, in a crazy way. I am a fan of her Rebirth look, I love the braids especially, but not a fan of the “mortal” look - for Circe, I don’t think it really fits... she said it herself, there’s a certain level of camp that she does well.
    Circe is a character that makes sense to be someone with thousands of outfits to choose form. She's super vain, and has the power to basically snap her fingers and change clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The current JL Dark book has been building up to a Witching War between Diana and Circe which might be the next big story for Circe since that pic. I’m super excited, I’ve enjoyed Tynion’s Circe so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ....I’ve enjoyed Tynion’s Circe so far.
    As have I.

I hope they have something big planned for her and Diana soon. *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Circe is a character that makes sense to be someone with thousands of outfits to choose form. She's super vain, and has the power to basically snap her fingers and change clothes.
    I would agree, but that’s never explicitly stated as being the reason she gets not only a new outfit but a new color scheme every iteration... all kinds of characters wear different outfits but are still instantly recognizable due to common motifs or colors or even just their faces. There’s no reason for Circe to have a different hair, eye and skin color every few years (and sometimes changing within each book - I remember her hair would sometimes be orange and sometimes pink in Who is Wonder Woman? Lol)

I don’t mind her having different looks... she looks good in most of them! It’s just that if you don’t follow the character you would have no clue that the lady with white skin, yellow eyes and red braids in recent JLD/JL storylines is the same character as the Greek sorceress in War of the Gods or the pink/purple haired lady in older WW comics or from the Justice League Unlimited (or Justice League Action) episode. I’d just like some consistency of something. I really cannot think of any other character who gets a total redesign every time they show up.

...There’s no reason for Circe to have a different hair, eye and skin color every few years (and sometimes changing within each book - I remember her hair would sometimes be orange and sometimes pink in Who is Wonder Woman? Lol)....
    I personally prefer her with longish purple hair. I like that look best.

I'm curious due to Circe often appears has a Diva. Before Diana ever comes should Circe be living in an expensive place or trapped on an Island which she traps people to worship her?

I would agree, but that’s never explicitly stated as being the reason she gets not only a new outfit but a new color scheme every iteration... all kinds of characters wear different outfits but are still instantly recognizable due to common motifs or colors or even just their faces. There’s no reason for Circe to have a different hair, eye and skin color every few years (and sometimes changing within each book - I remember her hair would sometimes be orange and sometimes pink in Who is Wonder Woman? Lol)

I don’t mind her having different looks... she looks good in most of them! It’s just that if you don’t follow the character you would have no clue that the lady with white skin, yellow eyes and red braids in recent JLD/JL storylines is the same character as the Greek sorceress in War of the Gods or the pink/purple haired lady in older WW comics or from the Justice League Unlimited (or Justice League Action) episode. I’d just like some consistency of something. I really cannot think of any other character who gets a total redesign every time they show up.
    I'd fix this by giving her a distinctive amulet or symbol that is always visible unless Circe is hiding it. Like that thing she replaced the eagle on WW's top with. Maybe the symbol is a pendant in one outfit, or a tattoo in another, but it's always there.

They should just make it so Circe always has purple hair and red eyes. While I've liked all of them, this is my favorite look for her...

WW V CIR 5.jpg

It's clean, simple and says modern day witch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Noticed earlier today that Circe will be getting her own show on HBO! It’s nothing WW related but it was pretty awesome to share.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...r-novel-adapt/
    I know it’s not related to DC’s Circe, but I’m really excited about this regardless... loved that book!

Anyway, I wanted to say - I just caught up on Tynion’s JLD, and wow, not only has he done a great job with the story and Diana’s characterization but he’s really writing one of the best versions of Circe! I’m so excited to see what this is all building up too, and despite my reservations about her design, I absolutely love everything he’s done with her so far.. and actually writing a backstory relating to her powers and the connection to Hecate they makes sense for her and Diana. Nothing but good things to say about the direction he is taking for both Circe and Diana.

Thoughts on this new Circe look? IMO... she looks like Heat Miser. Worst Circe look yet lol. We’ll see if it grows on me... first impressions are it’s not good but it might just be the cover not doing it justice.

Still excited, just because I trust Tynion. But it’s a boot for me. Lol