Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Circe View Post

Thoughts on this new Circe look? IMO... she looks like Heat Miser. Worst Circe look yet lol. We’ll see if it grows on me... first impressions are it’s not good but it might just be the cover not doing it justice.

Still excited, just because I trust Tynion. But it’s a boot for me. Lol
    That's really terrible, yeah that's the worst. Is she supposed to be hell's majorette?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's really terrible, yeah that's the worst. Is she supposed to be hell's majorette?
    A reminder - this is an Appreciation thread, so let's keep this positive
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    A reminder - this is an Appreciation thread, so let's keep this positive
    Sorry, didn't know you had to appreciate every outfit Circe wears too.

LOL, thanks for the laugh.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Sort of the definition of 'appreciate'. You don't have to like everything, but you can't post negative commentary on an Appreciation thread.

Think of the words of Thumper's mom
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I’m just looking at the new look as over the top! With Bette Middler’s wig from hocus pocus

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Noticed earlier today that Circe will be getting her own show on HBO! It’s nothing WW related but it was pretty awesome to share.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...r-novel-adapt/
    I just downloaded this novel the other day. I hope the series is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Circe View Post

Thoughts on this new Circe look? IMO... she looks like Heat Miser. Worst Circe look yet lol. We’ll see if it grows on me... first impressions are it’s not good but it might just be the cover not doing it justice.

Still excited, just because I trust Tynion. But it’s a boot for me. Lol
    I had to look a few times, but it's not as drastic a redesign as it looks at first. The main diff with the outfit is the black/redder color scheme. If it was purple/pink it'd be far less different. The rest is just a "scary witch" party trick.

It definitely feels like the sort of thing Circe would do if she wanted to look scary.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I don't think it's really her main look so to speak. It's more of a transformation from the power she's getting.

I like this artist’s portrayal:
    493BE376-6ADF-4C39-8C4A-D8A8067CEB44.jpg

Okay so Marvel's take on Circe, the Eternal Sersi, has been confirmed and cast in the Eternals film and is reported to be the lead character in the film. Meanwhile, HBO Max will produce a high budget series on the original Circe (not that Cersei!) which tells her life story from her POV and is based on a bestselling novel of the same name.

So DC's Circe is the last to make the live action jump (and with the overabundance of Circes in pop culture right now, I can see the DCEU just skipping her altogether when they should have immediately beaten Marvel to the punch by including her in Wonder Woman 1987 once the original film was a hit).

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Okay so Marvel's take on Circe, the Eternal Sersi, has been confirmed and cast in the Eternals film and is reported to be the lead character in the film. Meanwhile, HBO Max will produce a high budget series on the original Circe (not that Cersei!) which tells her life story from her POV and is based on a bestselling novel of the same name.

So DC's Circe is the last to make the live action jump (and with the overabundance of Circes in pop culture right now, I can see the DCEU just skipping her altogether when they should have immediately beaten Marvel to the punch by including her in Wonder Woman 1987 once the original film was a hit).
    Aside from similar sounding names, I don't think Eternals Sersi has enough in common with DC Circe or even myth Circe to be an issue.

I just hope whatever adaptation Circe shows up in next, she's treated with some dignity. Maybe not having to share space with other villains will do her some good.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Aside from similar sounding names, I don't think Eternals Sersi has enough in common with DC Circe or even myth Circe to be an issue.

I just hope whatever adaptation Circe shows up in next, she's treated with some dignity. Maybe not having to share space with other villains will do her some good.
    Eternals Sersi met Homer in MCU's Ancient Greece and inspired the character of Circe in the Odyssey, as established by Neil Gaiman in his solo run in the 00's which had the character as the lead. As the movie is reported to span over thousands of years, they will probably show Sersi serving as the basis for myth Circe.

It was a missed opportunity on WB/DC's part to not include Circe in Wonder Woman 1984, especially as her powers perfectly compliment Cheetah's transformational origin.

Sersi is a hero. Circe is a villain. I don’t think there’s going to be any problems lol.

I like Circe’s diadem in the above images - the circle and crescents work. I think that’s the witchmark that Diana had too in the earlier chapter of the story.