Thread: Poor Marketing

Fantastic Member

Default Poor Marketing

What's with DC marketing. I mean 'Justice League Vol 2: Graveyard of the Gods, is practically 'The Drowned Earth' trade. Would HAD made more sense to bring contents of vol: 3 forward with issues #8 & 9. Refer folk to the other trade. No-one likes paying twice and if you only purchase trades, your hand is being forced. Hopefully one's sales will see much reduction of units moved, so the greedy so & so' s won't try to sting folk again. Why was 'The Witching Hour' released so long after 'Justice League Dark Vol: 1 as important part of the narrative!? Where's the sense of concluding. Crazy Decision. Any other examples? Just found out 'The Terrifics, Vol: 2 is #7-14, not information that Amazon has up?
    Last edited by Franny6422; 07-03-2019 at 04:23 AM.

Sounds like that annual should've been held back to volume 3... especially considering it was written by the replacement ongoing writer!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Collecting Green Lantern trades from the New 52 was a problem for me for the same reason, due to amount of crossover events between the different books

Fantastic Member

Great. 'The Terrifics, Vol: 2' is #7-14. However would had made sense to had squeezed Annual #1 into it.

All the time... on Youtube.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joyanathar View Post
    An online commenter once said, basically, that comic book marketing is fundamentally broken. Honestly, with the exception of, say, the existence of movies, when was the last time you saw an advertisement about comic books that weren't already in a comic book?
    DC did some TV commercial for the New Age of Heroes initiative if my memory serves. I think there may have been one for Bendis.

Also, they had trailers for upcoming Superman comics before the 40th anniversary screening of the Dinner movie and the premier events for Reign of the Supermen.

Granted the latter are to established, paying fans, but some may only know the Reeve movie so I'd argue in favor of the first.