Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well Negasonic Teenage Warhead was the goth telepathic mutant from Morrison's New X-Men; the one in Emma's class that foresaw they were gonna die. That was her only appearance and use of her powers (cuz she died) until the movie version popped up.
    Of course, the Deadpool comics have since had her resurrected, kidnapped, and shaved for movie synergy. She'd have stayed dead if not for the movie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Wasn't NSTW featured in Whedon's Astonishing? I stopped reading halfway through the first arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Wasn't NSTW featured in Whedon's Astonishing? I stopped reading halfway through the first arc.
    She was a psychic illusion created by Emma's fractured psyche.....which made ZERO sense.

I can only imagine you're thinking of Armor, looking at the cast lists on Marvel Wikia.

EDIT: Never mind.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Several mutants in X3 had changed powers. Callisto had superspeed, Psylocke was a teleporter (because with a name like Psy...? Even her Crimson Dawn powers couldn't really do that), Kid Omega had pufferfish-like spikes (a far cry from Quentin), and Leech was human-looking in a group of movies full of non-human looking mutants.

I get the need to, say, combine Kitty and Rachel Grey for streamlining purposes. To me that makes sense. But in X3 if you weren't one of the big names, it was more like they played mad libs with names and powers.

BANNED

The one with Spikes was Spike from the cartoon tv series at the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Several mutants in X3 had changed powers. Callisto had superspeed, Psylocke was a teleporter (because with a name like Psy...? Even her Crimson Dawn powers couldn't really do that), Kid Omega had pufferfish-like spikes (a far cry from Quentin), and Leech was human-looking in a group of movies full of non-human looking mutants.
    "Artie" was rather human-looking as well, aside from his tongue.

Quoted because there's no confirmation he's supposed to be that Artie.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The one with Spikes was Spike from the cartoon tv series at the time.
    Are you talking about the one with spikes that popped up? Because that was Kid Omega. He was played by Ken Leung.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/fullcredits

https://xmenmovies.fandom.com/wiki/Quill (under "Alias")

He has Quentin's code name but not Quentin's powers.

Funny though slightly unrelated, but Ken Leung was 36 when he played Kid Omega.

----

Or were you talking about the guy throwing his bones at Wolverine? His powers are more like Spyke's but he's a random, nameless mutant with similar powers but nothing in the production (credits, word of god, or otherwise) connects him to Spyke from the cartoon (and then, aside from the powers, he's almost nothing at all like Spyke -- race, age, attitude, etc).
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-11-2019 at 02:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think she was Kwannon, not Betsy. She was in Origins too... one of the kid mutants that Wolverine, Scott and Emma Silverfox freed from Stryker's prisons.

I guess X3 Kwannon just travelled through shadows, not really teleportation?
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 01-11-2019 at 05:06 PM.

BANNED

I forgot to specify that X3 Callisto also gets supersenses like her comic book counterpart and even Caliban's powers. She has three sets of powers.

BANNED

Apparently, Quicksilver has no accelerated healing like his comic book counterpart.

BANNED

I must add Beast:

He can become "Beast" (Ape Form) through adrenaline surges.
    Besides, his eye color becomes more and more red wherever he gets "feral". Beast's default eye color is normal?
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 08-28-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    8- Sunspot: no superhuman strength at all. He can generate solar fire (plasma). He can turn himself into a solar being reminiscent of The Human Torch. Am I right?
    Roberto has had flight and heat projection powers in the comics since long before that movie, so that part wasn't really a change. As for his strength level, I don't recall DoFP establishing it one way or the other.

Of course, it has been a while since I watched DoFP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Roberto has had flight and heat projection powers in the comics since long before that movie,
    Yeah, you're right. However, it seems to me the strength aspect has been dropped in DOFP.

What about Beast's eye color?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I think she was Kwannon, not Betsy. She was in Origins too... one of the kid mutants that Wolverine, Scott and Emma Silverfox freed from Stryker's prisons.

I guess X3 Kwannon just travelled through shadows, not really teleportation?
    thats a cool explanation.

you deserve a no-prize.