Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    thats a cool explanation.

you deserve a no-prize.
    Thank you so much. I always thought that, since 2006...

On a side note, the powers of DOFP Sunspot were way more similar to Sunfire than his comic book counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Also, Apocalypse, whose power are really vague and not much like the comics.
    I think apocalypse and thanos both suffer from strange and forgotten powers...it makes them hard to adpt.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Mighty Member

Why did not one mention Magneto becoming just a metal bender which then changed his powers and polaris's power showings in the comics for a long ass time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Why did not one mention Magneto becoming just a metal bender which then changed his powers and polaris's power showings in the comics for a long ass time.
    What do you mean?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I think apocalypse and thanos both suffer from strange and forgotten powers...it makes them hard to adpt.
    True. If memory serves me well, I created a thread for Apocalypse's movie powers long time ago.

BANNED

Now that I think about it:

Is XCM Storm channeling lightnings coming from the atmosphere, and not actually GENERATING the lightnings from her body like her comic book counterpart? It's different.

During the "Charging Bishop" sequence in DOFP, it appears so, as well as in "Apocalypse".

BANNED

I would like to complete the original post with the New Mutants from the 2020 movie.

Is Illyana's power reality-warping or some sort of "mutant sorcery"?
    Are Sunspot's powers different from DOFP?
    How would you define Cannonball's powers in the movie?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I would like to complete the original post with the New Mutants from the 2020 movie.

Is Illyana's power reality-warping or some sort of "mutant sorcery"?
    Are Sunspot's powers different from DOFP?
    How would you define Cannonball's powers in the movie?

Thanks.
    I saw it as:
    Illyana can teleport (as when she disappears) but also has her mystic armor and sword
    Sunspot had super-strength to some degree and yes some fire/on fire ability until he learned to control it and go all black. I do not think he flew/flew much, unlike the DoFP which really looked like Sunfire not Sunspot
    Cannonball seemed to be some sort of kinetic motion power that flung him around.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I saw it as:
    Illyana can teleport (as when she disappears) but also has her mystic armor and sword
    Sunspot had super-strength to some degree and yes some fire/on fire ability until he learned to control it and go all black. I do not think he flew/flew much, unlike the DoFP which really looked like Sunfire not Sunspot
    Cannonball seemed to be some sort of kinetic motion power that flung him around.
    Illyana could be truly related to sorcery, tapping into the Limbo dimension. Mystical energies, of course.

That's great. We can assume that the "fire form" in DOFP was a secondary mutation for Roberto.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-06-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Illyana could be related to sorcery, tapping into the Limbo dimension.
    That's great. We can assume that the fire form in DOFP was a secondary mutation for Roberto.
    Oh yes. Illyana has the Limbo connection and goes there to get away from the smileys. She also mentions that she is Magik. I love her light-up eyes and when they made Lockheed "real".

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

Oh yes. Illyana has the Limbo connection and goes there to get away from the smileys. She also mentions that she is Magik. I love her light-up eyes and when they made Lockheed "real".
    What puzzles me is the fact that they mention the X-Men, but Illyana doesn't know that her brother is Colossus. In my scenario, TNM is set in 2002, around a time of the altered timeline where Piotr must be already an X-Man.

BANNED

Question:

Havok at extremely low power level can release "concussive" blasts of some sort as Movie Havok did in DOFP? And how?

Question:

Havok at extremely low power level can release "concussive" blasts of some sort as Movie Havok did in DOFP? And how?
    I know Havok can release his power omni-directionally (from the center of his body) and also through his arms. One of them is the lower-level one where it is concussive without all of the power that the other one gives.

BANNED

I know Havok can release his power omni-directionally (from the center of his body) and also through his arms. One of them is the lower-level one where it is concussive without all of the power that the other one gives.
    Yeah. Since it's technically plasma, I guess that - even in DOFP - it was a "concussive heat wave" released by his arms, accomplished at the lowest level of his power.

BANNED

OH, and speaking about Havok, I can totally see why in First Class Darwin exploded. I guess that Shaw truly channeled a large amont of power from Havok, and there's no real "reactive evolution" to concentrated and ultra-dense plasma. The criticism is beyond me.