Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Havent read any brubaker since catwoman and gangland but fancied a crime comic. This was right at end of this months pull list - kept flicking through thinking urghh so many panels so much text and putting it off. How foolish i was - great stuff. The most minor of quibbles might be that there was no splash page to let artist really let loose and break up the long flow of pages but that's really reaching to find something to say other than top work.

Marvel or dc - oversized first issue - 5, 6, 7 dollars please. This 4 dollars please. And intro to previous trades was very helpful although as a new reader i found i could jump straight in no problem.

I finished reading all 7 volumes of Criminal. So good.

Ultimate Member

Latest issue was solid. The comic artist character seemed to be a mash up of Alex Toth and Gil Kane with bits of Frazetta (?) thrown in perhaps.

So...

Seems like this issue is a "Jacob" that we already know, no?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So...

Seems like this issue is a "Jacob" that we already know, no?
    Yep. Its a prequel to volume 4 i believe?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yep. Its a prequel to volume 4 i believe?
    Seemed that way, to me.

That said, he seems surprisingly stable in this story.

Seemed that way, to me.

That said, he seems surprisingly stable in this story.
    this might be how he became a criminal.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Have issue 2 in hand, just waiting for a clear half-hour to sit back and enjoy--soon!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Issue#3&4 have solicitations on Comixology. Issue #3 is the second part of #2 and Issue #4 focuses on a young Ricky.

For the folks who are fans of the book, the "From The Desk Of Ed Brubaker" e-mail newsletter has become a pretty interesting window into the title.

Might be worth looking into if you are not already on board.

For the folks who are fans of the book, the "From The Desk Of Ed Brubaker" e-mail newsletter has become a pretty interesting window into the title.

Might be worth looking into if you are not already on board.
    Thanks, I will look into it.
    I just got "My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies" on Comixology for $7 on sale. Looking forward to reading it. (all my other Criminal books are printed)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Thanks, I will look into it.
    I just got "My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies" on Comixology for $7 on sale. Looking forward to reading it. (all my other Criminal books are printed)
    Unless I am recalling it wrong, Brubaker said that the central character is from Criminal but won't say which Criminal character it is.

Unless I am recalling it wrong, Brubaker said that the central character is from Criminal but won't say which Criminal character it is.
    It's a pseudo-sequel to one of the volumes. You'll figure it out halfway through.

Astonishing Member

Yes, but even if you haven't read any of the Criminal books, it won't matter. "Junkies" is a great book all on its own.

Today's issue was a pretty interesting entry into the serie's "Bigger Picture". Right up there with some of my favorite work so far.