Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What do you mean by interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What do you mean by interesting?
    Without spoiling too much, or would you rather wait until you've had the chance to look through it?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

As it happened, I read the final issue of Cover a few days before reading Criminal, both set in a world of comic book making. After reading Criminal, I felt a big divide between the two, despite their similarities. Of them, it's Criminal that resonates with me emotionally, seemed truer, had more to say.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Without spoiling too much, or would you rather wait until you've had the chance to look through it?
    I’ve read it, just curious your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I’ve read it, just curious your thoughts.
    Just thought that the fill in of a couple of character's past that we already had a little bit of was a keeper.

So the news syndicate asked Stan Drake to replace Alex Raymond. Bru seems to imply that. And I wonder who the mobbed up inker in the 70s was? (this all from the end notes)

I really enjoyed Jacob Phillips colors this issue. Look s like he has abandoned the arbitrary rectangles of color he had been using. But he is bright where he needs to be and somber in the right places.

And I liked this tale of characters Bru has found sadder than street criminals, old comic book artists.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So they're taking that arc, expanding it with new scenes, and releasing it as a HC, a la All my Heroes.

I guess that's cool, but feel a bit like a double dip.

So, that longer arc that starts in issue #5?

(I'll "Spoiler" Copy This For Folks Who Want To Go In Cold)...

spoilers:
    The Death Of Teeg Lawless
    end of spoilers