Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's worth a full re read. I did it just before or after the new first issue, and it was great. They hold up just fine.
    For sure. I've read the full series a couple of times over the years and I should do so again. I'm kind of at the point where I'd like to re-read various things (eg all Moebius, the first six Cerberus volumes, the list goes on) rather than constantly buy new stuff. It's just finding the time. I've actually taken to getting up at 6:30 am and reading for an hour or so.

Brubaker must maintain some kind of a timeline to keep all this stuff straight.

New issue was great! I like the overlapping Rashomon effect we're getting to certain scenes. I always enjoy little things like that.

I'm curious to check out the Bad Weekend HC, but I'll most like wait a bit on that.

Anyone pick up the Bad Weekend HC? Worth the double dip?

I kind of assume it’s aimed more at the bookstore crowd based on how Junkies did. Doesn’t sound like anything essential was added.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Anyone pick up the Bad Weekend HC? Worth the double dip?

I kind of assume it’s aimed more at the bookstore crowd based on how Junkies did. Doesn’t sound like anything essential was added.
    Depends what you're into collecting wise I guess, I did pick it up. The difference in material is 8 brand new pages. As well there are 2 existing pages where the entire monologue has been changed and 1 other existing page has 2 dialog boxes added into a panel in the HC. The HC is great, the paper gives a somewhat different feel to the book. I find the HC to be a little muted colorwise but not in a bad way. The original comics look very bright and crisp in comparison. Both formats have appealing factors. The HC does not include the cover art for Criminal issues #2-3.

Also, did anyone else notice that the preview in January's Criminal #1 for issue #2 seems to have Hal with a mustache and was removed then for the actual #2 printing and story?

Well spotted! We decided the moustache wasn't right for Hal.

I'm curious if the creative team has plans for the characters in the present day of the Criminal-verse? after their initial stories?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just read the latest book! SO good, I planned on going through the first few pages but I had to finish the whole thing.

https://www.newsarama.com/46308-ed-b...-criminal.html

New interview with Ed Brubaker on Newsarama.

Finally made it out to the shop last week. This arc really is amazing.

On the "Annotations" front, the first page would seem to be a nod to this Tim Buckley song...

An interesting performance of the same tune...

Without getting into spoilers, that was an interesting way to get to what I believe is the halfway point in the overall arc. With three issues left to go, I have almost no clue how they are going to get to where they are going.

That's pretty great.

Or just get into spoilers. The issue is out. Besides, it might stoke some conversation in here...