Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Hello everyone.

I bought the hardcover called a Bad weekend, which collects Criminal #2 and #3. And I'm going to buy Cruel summer, that collects #1, #5-12. For some reason issue #4 is not included in any of them. Is issue #4 a special issue somehow? I guess they will probably release a deluxe edition as it happened with the first stories, but I'm curious about this

Thank you
    While I haven't actually been paying super close attention to how the twelve issues will wind up being collected, there isn't anything particularly special about issue number four.

It's a story that wraps up in just that issue. I had always assumed it would wind up in the "Cruel Summer" trade.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I haven't actually been paying super close attention to how the twelve issues will wind up being collected, there isn't anything particularly special about issue number four.

It's a story that wraps up in just that issue. I had always assumed it would wind up in the "Cruel Summer" trade.
    I guess they ignored it because it's a one-shot story then. It would be weird if they don't release a hardcover with all the issues and extras

I thought they would include issue 4 as an epilogue for "Cruel Summer". Granted that issue worked more setting up the "Coward" and "Lawless" arcs than "Cruel Summer".

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Hello everyone.

I bought the hardcover called a Bad weekend, which collects Criminal #2 and #3. And I'm going to buy Cruel summer, that collects #1, #5-12. For some reason issue #4 is not included in any of them. Is issue #4 a special issue somehow? I guess they will probably release a deluxe edition as it happened with the first stories, but I'm curious about this

Thank you
    I'm just hoping they collect all the recent Criminal material for the next deluxe hardcover: Criminal 1-12, My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies, Special Edition, and 10th Anniversary Special.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I'm just hoping they collect all the recent Criminal material for the next deluxe hardcover: Criminal 1-12, My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies, Special Edition, and 10th Anniversary Special.
    It would make sense. In the end My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies is no different to other Criminal stories.

No discussion of the last issue with the surprising (at least to me) revelatory ending?

I wonder if Bru had this in mind since the first GNs. And boy does it explain why Ricky was effed up. (If I remember "Lawless" correctly)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No discussion of the last issue with the surprising (at least to me) revelatory ending?

I wonder if Bru had this in mind since the first GNs. And boy does it explain why Ricky was effed up. (If I remember "Lawless" correctly)
    I think he said he had a timeline planned out. So maybe he knew the who and the when but not the why?

You feel really sorry for Tommy and it adds a new layer to Coward.

Hell i felt sorry for Teeg and Jane at the end.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think he said he had a timeline planned out. So maybe he knew the who and the when but not the why?

And considering what sociopaths they were that was tricky to pull off.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I guess in a book named Criminal, everybody is the hero/villain of their own story.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

One reader's take...

The conversation in jail between Tracy and Tommy feels really specific for a scenario where they didn't really have it almost all the way down.

As for Teeg, he has always been right on the outskirts of a character that you could sympathize with(at least to me...)

I figure they knew Leo killed Teeg but not sure why. Its not that immersion breaking to me.

Honestly i wanted a story with Jen. A daughter of thieves who grew up to be a cop/internal affairs is interesting.

Amazing Member

Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips just released the new cover for the second Deluxe edition and it looks beautiful.
    92700479_10156183474923039_4456360643586424832_o.jpg

There's also a third deluxe on the way as well
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

That's excellent news!
    Is Criminal volume 1 being rereleased as well?

And do we have dates for any of these?