Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Just to point this out really quickly...

The current arc wraps up this Wednesday. Anyone that might have had that slip their mind? This is your reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just to point this out really quickly...

The current arc wraps up this Wednesday. Anyone that might have had that slip their mind? This is your reminder.
    This past Wednesday or next week?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    This past Wednesday or next week?
    If it stays on schedule(which I'm fairly sure will happen), next week(29th).

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Thank you. Good to have a timely reminder. time for a little re-read/catch-up.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Thank you. Good to have a timely reminder. time for a little re-read/catch-up.
    Always glad to do so.

So...

There's going to be a pretty interesting turn in Wednesday's issue. Not going to say much about it past that.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm ready. At least I'm ready to take it on. Don't know if I'm really ready for 'a pretty interesting turn,' but I'm willin' t'see.
    Did a reread across the weekend--much thanks to number thirty for the heads-up.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Slightly Off-Topic...

Accounting for that a "Standalone" Graphic Novel/TPB came out recently and it seems like another is on the way, how would something like a "Brubaker"/"Phillips" General Discussion sort of a thread sit with folks?

It seems like there is enough "Standalone" work in the equation that such a thread might be worth starting.

I read it and it wasn't how i thought it was gonna go.

I'm sad this is the end of the 2nd volume.

The way it all played out was a pretty brilliant bit of putting the puzzle pieces together.

Now, I'm wondering about the new ongoing and what the "Television..." end might be.

All that said, right on these guys.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Slightly Off-Topic...

Accounting for that a "Standalone" Graphic Novel/TPB came out recently and it seems like another is on the way, how would something like a "Brubaker"/"Phillips" General Discussion sort of a thread sit with folks?

It seems like there is enough "Standalone" work in the equation that such a thread might be worth starting.

I think its a great idea! I think there's enough work and history for its own thread.
    Criminal, Bad Weekend, My Heroes have always been Junkies, Fade Out, Fatale, Incognito, Kill or Be Killed
    Sleeper
    Batman 603
    Gotham Noir
    Scene of the Crime

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I read it and it wasn't how i thought it was gonna go.

I'm sad this is the end of the 2nd volume.
    Pretty much this. Mostly sad that they're gonna do something else for a while. Criminal has always been my favorite of their collabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Pretty much this. Mostly sad that they're gonna do something else for a while. Criminal has always been my favorite of their collabs.
    On the one hand, I can completely see what you are saying.

On the other hand, the thought of a different ongoing picking up is pretty interesting.

I get it from a creative standpoint. I'd also rather they take a break than end up in some prequel hell because they were trying to tell stories on a deadline. Criminal has always been sporadic, so.

I guess we'll see what they do. I do like all their other works, but not as much as Criminal.

Spectacular Member

Hello everyone.

I bought the hardcover called a Bad weekend, which collects Criminal #2 and #3. And I'm going to buy Cruel summer, that collects #1, #5-12. For some reason issue #4 is not included in any of them. Is issue #4 a special issue somehow? I guess they will probably release a deluxe edition as it happened with the first stories, but I'm curious about this

Thank you