Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The more I stare at those panels, the more I dig the lulzy tactics:

Jean: "Alright, folks. Here's the plan. Forge, you have history with Ororo, you're going in first. You're crazy smart, figure something out."
    Forge: ".................."
    Jean: "Armor, we gave you a lot of panel time, so you're going to punch Blob really, really hard. I'm proud of you already, kiddo."
    Armor: ".................."
    Jean: Archangel, you're our secret weapon against the master of magnetism. Fire at will, old friend!"
    Archangel: ".................."
    Jean: "X-23, you're going after the jerk with healing factor-disrupting tentacles. You're the best at what you do, you go girl."
    X-23: ".................."
    Jean: "Bishop, I guess I have to put you front and center because of the totally not obvious relationship we'll be having or whatever. I don't know, just stand really, really close to the action, but don't actually do anything useful for now."
    Bishop: ".................."
    Jean: "Everyone I haven't mentioned by name, just look fabulous charging ahead or standing back looking like you're about to unleash a totally sweet move. Like this!"
    BWAHAHAHAHA Y'ALL ARE ON POINT TODAY!!!

Jean: "Ah'ma super charge like this! YeeeeeeeeeAAAAAHHHH! See how I'm, like, intimidating them? All tense like I'm seizing? Yeah, Yeah, Jean Paul and Lorna, YOU get it! Just like that! YeeeeeeAAAAHHH-- oh my god, Dazzler GET UP!! Stop Embarrassing me! Even MARTHA is still afloat, Gawd!"

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Why is Psylocke, AGAIN, charging head-first into battle on the frontlines ?
    Didn't she try this exact trick at the start of last issue, and get tossed aside like a rock ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It's funny to see fans wondering why X-mens act like amateurs. It's not Jean , Warren or Kitty fault just how the story needs to happen.

They need to lose otherwise we will not have Age of X-man but on the other hand it would be nice if the writers at least made the readers believe that the X-mens are trying.

Some seem to believe that if Scott or Wolverine were there it would be different what is not true .

Maybe the fact that we know how this story ends will end up with a lot of the excitement and expectation but on the other hand Age of X-man should solve this problem in part.
    I've seen cyclops convince the celestials to leave earth, so I'm sure as hell he wouldn't have ordered a frontal charge against X man

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Didn't she try this exact trick at the start of last issue, and get tossed aside like a rock ?
    She is the X-MEN TAS Jean for the comics.

Charge. Strain. Fail. Repeat.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm telling ya. It's the tea and crumpets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I just can't with this random non tactical fighting...again...and again... and again. This is seriously looking like everyone is set up to fail so Cyclops and Wolverine can save the day because the women can't do anything...no thanks.
    Actually, Jean is using blitzkrieg, but that's because she has all the X-Men on her side. When cyclops leads he's against the ropes thus you get to see more cool tactics

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

I wonder why Psylocke didn't use her psychic sword to turn back Storm the same way as she did Archangel. Inconsistent writers and strategies.
    Betts and Ororo haven't had the "ultimate intimacy" yet, therefore it would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder if those other guys think this is still better than X-Cutioner's Song?

smh

STOP IT. Someone actually thinks this is better writing, more compelling, and better organized than X-Cutioner's Song? I can't..... and I'm being serious. I still think the planning and execution of that event blows many of the most recent ones out of the water.

I just can't with this random non tactical fighting...again...and again... and again. This is seriously looking like everyone is set up to fail so Cyclops and Wolverine can save the day because the women can't do anything...no thanks.
    Truth

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I love that CBR Forums will always find a way to blame the evil spirit of Cyclops for stuff. Never change, guys.
    Who's blaming Cyclops? It looks and feels like the female leaders of the X-Men (Jean, Kitty, Storm, Betts) are in charge right now and can't do anything effective in this. But Scott and Logan come back soon and it is presented as they (the men) are going to come and fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I just can't with Apocalypse fighting along side them all like he's an Xman....it's just....what the ****!?
    Seriously, wasn't he literally on the hill in the distance commenting on how banal and pointless this battle was? Again, this is an on-going issue where writers and editors don't communicate with artists or each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And this is after last issue where he stood back commenting on how stupid this whole thing is. What did his failed attempt on a lowly senitor cause him to rethink all of his life’s choices?
    Maybe he got nostaglia for being de-evolved and decided to help these peon mutants for old times sakes?

Hey Marvel remember back when Psylocke was a ninja and thus about being smart in her battle tactics and not just charging in like an idiot? Yea neither does she apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I've seen cyclops convince the celestials to leave earth, so I'm sure as hell he wouldn't have ordered a frontal charge against X man
    Well we have not yet seen the full story so it is possible that Jean or someone else will think of something. And about the Celestials this was because the story had been set for it to happen on time just as Nate would be defeated at the right time.

And if remember well Scott has already used brute force and numbers against superior opponents on several occasions like Onslaught and did not always end well. Of course if we are talking about skills, experience or talent Scott is a born leader but even he is not immune to a bad writer as Bendis proved with the false revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Hey Marvel remember back when Psylocke was a ninja and thus about being smart in her battle tactics and not just charging in like an idiot? Yea neither does she apparently.
    But wasn't that her whole schtik post Ninjasizing? She was all "I could do this from a distance, easy, but I need that sick adrenaline rush aawww gawdd yes ahma kick dis dude so hard rrrrraaaagggh lookit my leg ribbons raaaagh!!!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Betts and Ororo haven't had the "ultimate intimacy" yet, therefore it would not work.

STOP IT. Someone actually thinks this is better writing, more compelling, and better organized than X-Cutioner's Song? I can't..... and I'm being serious. I still think the planning and execution of that event blows many of the most recent ones out of the water.

Truth

Who's blaming Cyclops? It looks and feels like the female leaders of the X-Men (Jean, Kitty, Storm, Betts) are in charge right now and can't do anything effective in this. But Scott and Logan come back soon and it is presented as they (the men) are going to come and fix everything.

Seriously, wasn't he literally on the hill in the distance commenting on how banal and pointless this battle was? Again, this is an on-going issue where writers and editors don't communicate with artists or each other.

Maybe he got nostaglia for being de-evolved and decided to help these peon mutants for old times sakes?
    bang on target.10char.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I love that CBR Forums will always find a way to blame the evil spirit of Cyclops for stuff. Never change, guys.
    I have no problem with Cyclops, the writers are legit having the whole team, leaders and tactical kinds alike, fail to deal with mobs and fail to form a plan in literally any of these fights.

Wait actually Armor is the only one who made a battle plan...and apparently outsmarted Magneto and Storm...

My problem is how they're setting up his comeback, they've stressed "he has a plan", because the women where in charge for 10 minutes and couldn't achieve **** so Cyke and Wolvie need to come in and get things done.

BANNED

Give Jean some slack.

She specifically said that they outnumber her in power so let’s outnumber them in bodies...........wait that is dumb. Never mind.

I think certain people should attack certain Horseman. Ah well, let’s just have a BIG JUMBO fight.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

I have no problem with Cyclops, the writers are legit having the whole team, leaders and tactical kinds alike, fail to deal with mobs and fail to form a plan in literally any of these fights.

Wait actually Armor is the only one who made a battle plan...and apparently outsmarted Magneto and Storm...

My problem is how they're setting up his comeback, they've stressed "he has a plan", because the women where in charge for 10 minutes and couldn't achieve **** so Cyke and Wolvie need to come in and get things done.
    To be fair, Armor kinda HAS to be the one who uses her head over her fists - her team doesn't have anywhere near the kind of power that Jean's team has.

I mean, the power differences is absolutely staggering.
    Jean had two squads worth of X-men that include Storm, Psylocke, Polaris, Iceman, and her own uber-powerful self - and that's just to name a few.
    Jean's team is powerful enough that trying a brute-force approach actually sounds reasonable in most situations, since they can likely overpower most threats.

Armor has less people then it takes to make a full squad, and it contains 3 tanks and a squishy Teleporter - So she approaches situations in the understanding that she's not going to win in a straight up fight, so she needs to be clever or diplomatic rather then charging head-first into battle.

It's part of the overall narrative difference in approaches and generational clash.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, Armor kinda HAS to be the one who uses her head over her fists - her team doesn't have anywhere near the kind of power that Jean's team has.

I mean, the power differences is absolutely staggering.
    Jean had two squads worth of X-men that include Storm, Psylocke, Polaris, Iceman, and her own uber-powerful self - and that's just to name a few.
    Jean's team is powerful enough that trying a brute-force approach actually sounds reasonable in most situations, since they can likely overpower most threats.

Armor has less people then it takes to make a full squad, and it contains 3 tanks and a squishy Teleporter - So she approaches situations in the understanding that she's not going to win in a straight up fight, so she needs to be clever or diplomatic rather then charging head-first into battle.

It's part of the overall narrative difference in approaches and generational clash.
    It is a bad narrative? These are not even new foes, it shouldn't even take Jean or Kitty to point out the obvious, and they both have enough experience to know how to call a play on the fly.