Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Still no answer about Nate being so out of character. He is dying (why?), he finds a life seed (where?) so he justs decides to become a delusional Messiah. Talk about character assassination. The fighting wasn't so dumb as posing and talking like previous issues, but too litle too late.

Also the fact that Anole was single handedly responsible for the fall of mutantkind is lol.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Still no answer about Nate being so out of character. He is dying (why?), he finds a life seed (where?) so he justs decides to become a delusional Messiah. Talk about character assassination. The fighting wasn't so dumb as posing and talking like previous issues, but too litle too late.

Also the fact that Anole was single handedly responsible for the fall of mutantkind is lol.
    Don't you worry about Anole - He'll get the most epic redemption arc since the Dallas Fuel.
    I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The problem is that it feels unfinished, and it's the promise of what's to come in Rosenberg's new arc that really bother me.

There was a nice scene with Jean and Nate and Jean DID have a plan other than 'throw them all at X-Man!' but that changes very little.
    Oh, okay, gotcha. Well, that sucks; I’m sure no one noticed, but I haven’t been posting any short reviews of the last few issues in their respective threads because whatever hints of promise that I found early on just poof! vanished. I’m not saying it to jump on any bandwagon, I have the issues laying on a shelf somewhere and I flipped through them but I couldn’t be bothered to care anymore. They aren’t the worst issues I’ve ever read, but what happened?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Oh, okay, gotcha. Well, that sucks; I’m sure no one noticed, but I haven’t been posting any short reviews of the last few issues in their respective threads because whatever hints of promise that I found early on just poof! vanished. I’m not saying it to jump on any bandwagon, I have the issues laying on a shelf somewhere and I flipped through them but I couldn’t be bothered to care anymore. They aren’t the worst issues I’ve ever read, but what happened?
    3 writers, and likely an editorial demand for at least 10 issues instead of 6-8.

At least that's my guess.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This arc needed no more than four issues and a singular story and it took ten with at least three different primary stories. The most lasting of which is the least consequential.

What?

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The money spent on this event could've gone towards the trades for No Surrender, Avengers Disassembled, and then some lunch. Even Nrama shenanigans like the implication that Extermination is worth your time either are a paltry offense compared to this relaunch turning out this way.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I just read Uncanny X-men #10. It was amazing. A huge spectacle mixed with heavy drama. Storm, Jean, Nate, and even Arcangel really shined. It was a joy to read. I highly recommend it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Uncanny X-Men was a muddled mess with no proper characterization for X-Man, his convo with Jean was just repeating points until Nate “gives” up. It’s almost sad to compare this to No Surrender.

(and Prodigy shows up???)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Damn. I really want this to be good but for this thread it looks like it is not worth it.
    Did jean do anything cool?

All I care about is the cameos tbh
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 01-16-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Damn. I really want this to be good but for this thread it looks like it is not worth it.
    Did jean do anything cool?
    She reunites with SAGE.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #10 Gets a 3/10 From Newsarama

spoilers:
    ... just a necessary step to get us to the “Age of X-Man” and temporarily clear the board of most mutants for Cyclops and Wolverine’s ongoing returns to prominence. ...
    end of spoilers
    A pretty paint-by-numbers project, of fair to middlin' results, that functions as a means to an end... who would've thunk?

Seems JDW got off on the wrong foot, and has stumbled out of the gate. Hopefully AoXM & Uncanny 2.0, can get 'im up & runnin' again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I just read Uncanny X-men #10. It was amazing. A huge spectacle mixed with heavy drama. Storm, Jean, Nate, and even Arcangel really shined. It was a joy to read. I highly recommend it.
    Please do a spoiler review

Fantastic Member

This is a prime example of the how the modern Marvel method doesn't always work in the comics medium.

Comics are not films. Often poor storytelling (decompression with bland generic characterization, inexact poor art) obscure the action and we are left feeling underwhelmed.

Other than narrative boxes, has there been a literal mandate over the last 10 years NOT to use explanatory caption boxes in favor of just 'motion picture like' location title cards? Cause I gotta tell you, back in the day, a comic would take you 40 minutes to read and you'd really feel satisfied even if the story was crap - like you knew the characters, motivations and lay of the land. The writers used minimization sparingly to much greater effect.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    This is a prime example of the how the modern Marvel method doesn't always work in the comics medium.

Comics are not films. Often poor storytelling (decompression with bland generic characterization, inexact poor art) obscure the action and we are left feeling underwhelmed.

Other than narrative boxes, has there been a literal mandate over the last 10 years NOT to use explanatory caption boxes in favor of just 'motion picture like' location title cards? Cause I gotta tell you, back in the day, a comic would take you 40 minutes to read and you'd really feel satisfied even if the story was crap - like you knew the characters, motivations and lay of the land. The writers used minimization sparingly to much greater effect.
    20 page comics post-1961 did not take 40 minutes to read, or even 20, and the story isn't decompressed because there's barely any character work and it doesn't stop to get in the moment of the things that happen. It's an event that is too compressed that still feels too long because they stretched out a weak plot for fights or to meet a 10 issue cap. The modern Marvel method, or the modern comics method, works fine. It'll work fine next month when the next Avengers weekly starts.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate