Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Same for Monet. At least Storm didn't get taken down by Mentallo of all people...Be glad she's not that degraded yet.
    Its like they need a whiteboard in the X offices with mind controlled scenarios and time travel. Once a character is at like 2 instances of mind control stories in their last 3 years of appearances the answer is NO on getting it approved again.

DO something else be more creative it is tired.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Its like they need a whiteboard in the X offices with mind controlled scenarios and time travel. Once a character is at like 2 instances of mind control stories in their last 3 years of appearances the answer is NO on getting it approved again.

It's pretty clear the X-Office doesn't care. Whatever sounds cool, ok, or decent-enough will get approved. Nobody is gonna do research to see if it's been done before (and better) or if it contradicts with previously established canon. If they could keep Monet's skin color as consistent as her being mind (or body) controlled, we'd be in good shape. lol

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

Tell that to the character that had 3 instances of mind control stories in 4 months in 3 different books. What they/we need are editors who cared about the content they are putting out there so these are continual issues. But that ain't happening any time soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'll get a few months of characters I like written/drawn by creatives I like, and probably with more imaginative storytelling than they've been allowed in five years or longer. I'll take that.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-14-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Uncanny X-Men #10 Gets a 3/10 From Newsarama

spoilers:
    My disappointment with this arc comes from a number of things coming to a head here. First, books by committee like this often prove to be uneven and choppy even when they do feature some good work. We see that clearly from how the Young X-Men’s arc is handled across these issues - they feature into some really good character work and as a great contrast to the older generation of X-Men, until the narrative requires the focus to shift.

Which brings me to the next point - the threat is too undefined. Readers are at least generally familiar with X-Man, but his mission is never exactly clear. Aside from knowing that his wanting to “save everything” means certain doom for the planet, we aren’t given distinct motivations for the character. The writers attempt to get us there in this issue by suddenly introducing the fact that Nate is dying - and using a Life Seed to maintain his vast powers - but it falls flat. While the final battle rages on, Nate and Jean Grey have this exposition-heavy discussion about why Nate started all this in the first place, but it doesn’t really go anywhere. Ultimately, it becomes clear that the writers don’t have anything to say about this particular battle, it’s just a necessary step to get us to the “Age of X-Man” and temporarily clear the board of most mutants for Cyclops and Wolverine’s ongoing returns to prominence.

In a lot of ways, “Disassembled” is the opposite of the work done by Ed Brisson on Extermination. We knew that the Original Five X-Men would have to be removed from current Marvel Universe in order for us to move forward. But the elements of that plot weren’t entirely just parallels to another story and another set of characters the way that X-Man and his Horsemen echo Apocalypse and his own minions. And Extermination had a conclusive ending that still allowed a way forward for the characters that were left. “Disassembled” doesn’t really end - it just stops. The damage that Nate Grey has done still has to be undone. The characters in the story have not learned anything. And we, the readers, are kind of left holding the bag and asked to pick up six new limited series to get some sort of closure.
    end of spoilers
    Sounds like an ol’ fashioned Mess tm.

Are we really doing this again? Again? Fuuuuck me.

What, I just read makes me wanna vomit.

Mighty Member

That was crap

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I want to die.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

spoilers:
    To be fair - it's more like a "To Be Continued" then an ending.
    end of spoilers
    But yeah, it was kinda underwhelming.

Is it that bad?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Is it that bad?
    It was an end of a second act, pretending to be a grand finale.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Is it that bad?
    The problem is that it feels unfinished, and it's the promise of what's to come in Rosenberg's new arc that really bother me.

There was a nice scene with Jean and Nate and Jean DID have a plan other than 'throw them all at X-Man!' but that changes very little.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

Now the responsibility of saving world all depend on Cyclops and Wolverine and other remaining mutants, but mainly Cyclops and Wolverine. These 10 issues are just prelude of Cyclops and Wolverines' welcome ceremony I guess.

spoilers:
    Well, it was a more creative fight scene that we got in the entire ten issues previous. Husk got a couple of lines. And Psylocke's psychic sword is still one hell of a cool visual.

But...yeah. Just so much doesn't sit well at the end of this. This is all set-up for another extinction event, which was a barely-there presence for the whole of this arc. The theme of the X-Men having to deal with fallout of neglecting their own legacy is still present, but muddled as heck. Legion honestly didn't need to be in this story, regardless of theme; if they were going to amp Nate's powers up to ridic levels with a McGuffin anyway, might as well just go with it and not use David as an unexplained prop. It feels like most of the character development for the junior X-Men took place off-screen and, Armor aside, there wasn't a lot to bring their current behavior in line with previous characterization. And we could have easily gotten to the same end point in half the number of issues.

Like I said before, there were some good ideas here and I did enjoy some aspects, but it read like the whole thing needed another pass through before it was considered a final draft. "Disassembled" is an event that can be delivered in summary without losing much of the impact, and that's really unfortunate. Definitely won't be picking up or recommending the trade.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-16-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I want to die.
    Save a bullet for me. I can't ride this burning rollercoaster again.