Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

They'll definitely go with Bendis since he created her.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Movie to be announced? Private Facebook page found.
    https://www.cbr.com/future-marvel-st...acebook-pages/
    Kind of pretty soon to be getting your own solo movie, but be interesting to see what they do with it.

(Does this mean they can tone down the Iron Man elements in Spider-Man even more? I hope so.)

Wonder who the villain might be. Ezekial Stane?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of pretty soon to be getting your own solo movie, but be interesting to see what they do with it.

(Does this mean they can tone down the Iron Man elements in Spider-Man even more? I hope so.)

Wonder who the villain might be. Ezekial Stane?
    If it's a movie about Iron Man's legacy and the impact he's left on the world, then I could see Ezekiel Stane as a good antagonist. Come to think of it, in his initial appearances by Matt Fraction, his thing was reverse-engineering Iron Man tech to reproduce and mass-market it on the cheap for purposes of terrorism. Given that the Ten Rings organization from the Iron Man films is being built up as a major antagonist for Riri in Eve Ewing's series, I could see Ezekiel being linked to them in a possible future Ironheart movie. Furthermore, he could represent the more negative aspects of Tony Stark's legacy, with Riri representing the positive aspects, and their clash would reflect the philosophical conflict over whether or not Tony's lasting legacy is as a force for good, or for death and destruction.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    They'll definitely go with Bendis since he created her.
    They could always consult with both him and Ewing. Though personally I’m hoping they take more inspiration from Ewing, because Riri is a far better character under Ewing’s pen then she ever was under Bendis.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

dangling real mandarin plot thread, hee hee ho!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    dangling real mandarin plot thread, hee hee ho!
    I wouldn't be surprised if that gets followed up with Shang-Chi to be honest. I've seen people theorize they might combine Mandarin with Shang's dad.

Makes sense, since his father in the comics is a character they don't own, Fu Manchu.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Makes sense, since his father in the comics is a character they don't own, Fu Manchu.
    I would like a reference to that in the movie...at least in a file on the list of aliases.

Riri's going to be in Spider-Man season 3:

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Does that mean Riri/Ironheart will be debuting in Marvel's Spider-Man or crossing over into Marvel's Spider-Man from Marvel Rising?

looks really cool!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Does that mean Riri/Ironheart will be debuting in Marvel's Spider-Man or crossing over into Marvel's Spider-Man from Marvel Rising?
    Debuting. Don't forget Rising and Spider-Man both have Spider-Gwen, and that's not the same character. Ms. Marvel also appeared in Spider-Man already, and that was her Avengers Secret Wars version and not her Rising one. However, both versions of Kamala have the same VA, so it might be the same for Riri.

You know, had she been created sooner, she could've easily been a full time cast member - that Horizon High science stuff is right up her alley!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-01-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Debuting. Don't forget Rising and Spider-Man both have Spider-Gwen, and that's not the same character. Ms. Marvel also appeared in Spider-Man already, and that was her Avengers Secret Wars version and not her Rising one. However, both versions of Kamala have the same VA, so it might be the same for Riri.

You know, had she been created sooner, she could've easily been a full time cast member - that Horizon High science stuff is right up her alley!
    That actually raises a good point about how confusing the continuity of the Marvel Animated Universe on Disney is. They rebooted Spider-Man after Ultimate ran its course, but the new Spider-Man (still) occupies the same continuity as the Avengers from Avengers Assemble onward, even if that continuity is somewhat nebulous following Black Panther's Quest, which was effectively a partial relaunch/reboot of Avengers Assemble that nonetheless retained most if not all the voice actors from the previous seasons/series.

Besides that, I am curious about how Riri and Peter will end up interacting in a world where they're the same age as opposed to Peter being 10+ years her senior.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If it's a movie about Iron Man's legacy and the impact he's left on the world, then I could see Ezekiel Stane as a good antagonist. Come to think of it, in his initial appearances by Matt Fraction, his thing was reverse-engineering Iron Man tech to reproduce and mass-market it on the cheap for purposes of terrorism. Given that the Ten Rings organization from the Iron Man films is being built up as a major antagonist for Riri in Eve Ewing's series, I could see Ezekiel being linked to them in a possible future Ironheart movie. Furthermore, he could represent the more negative aspects of Tony Stark's legacy, with Riri representing the positive aspects, and their clash would reflect the philosophical conflict over whether or not Tony's lasting legacy is as a force for good, or for death and destruction.
    Well thought out plan. I would really enjoy seeing this.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

If you read Death's Head #1 this week, you might have noticed a few possible futures were shown. One of them had Wiccan, Hulkling, Ironheart, and Dani Cage Captain America on a team together. An odd combo, as Riri and Dani have never met (though Riri did meet Billy and Teddy in Unstoppable Wasp #7 - and some other futures on the same Death's Head page show other Champions members).