Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

You know I just had a "bound to be controversial" thought but I think instead of Riri's step father/or friend deaths being the result of gang violence it should be changed into a police shooting in the MCU.

It's hot button for sure but the rampancy of police violence against the black community is well known by general public by now and an issue worth addressing, if Marvel/Disney is serious about their new era of media reflecting the lives of PoC and being more socially conoscus.
    Last edited by walk; 12-11-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Disney+ Adds Marvel's Ironheart to Live-Action Series Roster
    Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige announced that Dominique Thorne will portray Riri Williams, aka the armored hero Ironheart, in a Disney+ series.

https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-iron...marvel-series/
    Nice!!! Guess I need to update my household budget to include Disney+ for the next few years.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah that sounds good. I think they'll likely avoid the whole A.I. Tony stuff entirely because I doubt they get Robert Downey Jr. back just for that.
    Yeah, I think the AI is entirely dependent on RDJ. I think he's more likely to make a cameo than a full-on supporting role.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    You know I just had a "bound to be controversial" thought but I think instead of Riri's step father/or friend deaths being the result of gang violence it should be changed into a police shooting in the MCU.

It's hot button for sure but the rampancy of police violence against the black community is well known by general public by now and an issue worth addressing, if Marvel/Disney is serious about their new era of media reflecting the lives of PoC and being more socially conoscus.
    No lets leave well enough alone.

I have lost more students to blacks killing blacks than cops doing it.

People have to stop acting like that is a taboo subject.

Now if they wanted to make a commentary- Stepdad and friend killed by gangs and SHOW how little to no effort is to solve the crime by the police.

Now you just made a stronger point by addressing two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Now if they wanted to make a commentary- Stepdad and friend killed by gangs and SHOW how little to no effort is to solve the crime by the police.

It's not one or the other, both issues along with a multitude of others that effect the black community can be addressed.

And what do mean "leave well enough alone" as if its a problem of the past. I literally just searched police shooting and theirs several news articles detailing recent incidents, it's still very much happening.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, that's one hot and probably could kill me looking piece of tech .
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Lovely art, I'm not a fan of how busy the suit looks in the books but this actually looks fantastic. I love the red instead of the magenta.

I know folks prefers Eve's IH to Bendis' but what are the chances they skip over her origins, along with Tony as her first AI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think maybe they'll only use a few issues from Bendis's run. Maybe the origin, and the Rescue team-up vs Techno Golem - and then move on to the Ten Rings and Wakanda stuff from Ewing's run? The whole plot involving her father should be good.
    Yeah, I thought the deep red in place of magenta was a good touch, too, though as for Bendis vs. Ewing, I think the best thing to do would be to take the parts that worked and integrate those while discarding the parts that didn't work. Pepper Potts/Rescue showing up as a possible mentor and Techno-Golem with her "biohack ninja" as an early antagonist would definitely work, and the Ewing series' revelation about Riri's father could work as well, in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Hmm, I can see that working, at least in the sense that one doesn't have to preclude the other --- racism by law enforcement in how crimes against black people are dealt with and self-destructive violence between and amongst black people themselves can both be addressed. After all, those two issues do intertwine and intersect in a kind of vicious cycle of society devaluing black people's lives in the first place, leading into black people acting self-destructively because they feel nobody cares what happens to them, which in turn only reinforces and seems to justify society's apathy, if not outright antipathy, toward their existence.
    The spider is always on the hunt.