Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Woah! spoilers:
    Riri Williams Sr is alive!
    end of spoilers
    I suspected it for a while now. I'm glad i was right.

December solicits have leaked, and Riri's not in them. Looks like November's issue is the last one and the book is cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

December solicits have leaked, and Riri's not in them. Looks like November's issue is the last one and the book is cancelled.
    Well seeing that I get the book mailed to my house-so far option to renew is still there.

Not surprising, considering the solicits were LEAKED. We're not meant to know the book is over yet.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hmm, with Tony Stark: Iron Man also being canceled at the end of this year, would 2020 be a good time to relaunch as "The Iron Legion" or "Iron Man Unlimited"? Just get all the armored heroes connected to or allied with Tony together in one title? Either that, or relaunch Young Avengers with Riri/Ironheart as the team's Iron Man counterpart and see her bounce off Patriot (Eli Bradley) like Tony and Captain America (Steve Rogers) bounced off each other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not really bummed since the story's kinda coming to a natural end and she seems to be getting Champions to do deal with leftover stuff. Would be down for more, though. Especially if it ties to 2020.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Not really bummed since the story's kinda coming to a natural end and she seems to be getting Champions to do deal with leftover stuff. Would be down for more, though. Especially if it ties to 2020.
    That's presuming Champions gets relaunched, which I am hoping it does, but acknowledging it might not.

Snoop's right. Check out the Incoming solicit. Connect all the writers to their current characters. It only leaves Matt Rosenberg, Guardians of the Galaxy, Eve Ewing, and Champions. I'm almost certain Eve is the new Champions writer and it'll relaunch in January (with Rosenberg taking over the GOTG).

Snoop's right. Check out the Incoming solicit. Connect all the writers to their current characters. It only leaves Matt Rosenberg, Guardians of the Galaxy, Eve Ewing, and Champions. I'm almost certain Eve is the new Champions writer and it'll relaunch in January (with Rosenberg taking over the GOTG).
    I certainly hope so.

Extraordinary Member

I really hate how Marvel has been doing that the last many years. New story direction or creative team or line-up of characters. Cancel and reboot. Then they jump in with that legacy numbering nonsense. No...it is not issue 800...you canceled and rebooted 10 times...it is issue 23.

I had that feeling; I just wish I saw this a little sooner.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

If Champions really is getting relaunched, Eve would be a great choice. Between Ironheart and Marvel Team up, she's shown to have a pretty good voice for Miles, Kamala, and Nadia. My only reservation is these constant relaunches are consistently shown to have diminishing returns. Captain Marvel has only just recently been shown to break that cycle.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If Champions really is getting relaunched, Eve would be a great choice. Between Ironheart and Marvel Team up, she's shown to have a pretty good voice for Miles, Kamala, and Nadia. My only reservation is these constant relaunches are consistently shown to have diminishing returns. Captain Marvel has only just recently been shown to break that cycle.
    And surprisingly enough the movie might have actually helped some on that front.

Yeah, Ironheart is cancelled... but Eve says she's shifting gears and to read Incoming for clues. She also said "I'm not going anywhere and neither is Riri".
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...fter-incoming/

Guys, I think that means I'm right. She's Zub's successor.

Yeah, Ironheart is cancelled... but Eve says she's shifting gears and to read Incoming for clues. She also said "I'm not going anywhere and neither is Riri".
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...fter-incoming/

Guys, I think that means I'm right. She's Zub's successor.
    We're all rooting for you to be right here.