Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Riri Williams - IRONHEART Apppreciation 2019

88C9FC15-E8EB-420C-B018-349CF0E7CEC7.jpg

Ironheart now has her own all new series.

What did anyone think of the first issue? I myself enjoyed it.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member

I definitely enjoyed it. Does anyone know when the second issue is out?

Hope shes prosperous this year. Her character received way too much haterd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Hope shes prosperous this year. Her character received way too much haterd.
    Not surprising in a world where Trump was voted into office. She doesnt have their kind of look per se.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I definitely enjoyed it. Does anyone know when the second issue is out?
    Wednesday.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-ironheart-2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes!

Thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Not surprising in a world where Trump was voted into office. She doesnt have their kind of look per se.

I blame it partly on bendis' writing.

And partly because minority Chara's are held to an extremely high standard

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I blame it partly on bendis' writing.

And partly because minority Chara's are held to an extremely high standard
    It also didn't help that Tony was in a coma tbh. I think people will like her a lot more now that she has her own book with her own name on it. It's a shame how she was introduced because I think she's a great character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by VGCinema View Post
    It also didn't help that Tony was in a coma tbh. I think people will like her a lot more now that she has her own book with her own name on it. It's a shame how she was introduced because I think she's a great character.
    That didn't help but a lot of the backlash started because Bendis/Marvel made a huge announcement that Riri would be the new Iron Man, even though she never took the name.

While the hate Riri got made a lot of noise it was never truly reflected in the sale numbers, the book never truly tanked even.

For a brief comparison Tony Stark:Iron Man #6 sold 35876 verses Invincible Iron Man (with Riri)#6 sold 31561. That is not a huge difference.

So it is not surprising, that Marvel is giving her another chance with a solo, it's of to a great start hopefully it continues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This looks good, I like what Eve Ewing is doing so far.

#2 was great. This book captures some sort of nostalgia, but I can't recognize from where. Closest thing I can come to is some great mashup of the Static Shock show and Iron Man: Armored Adventures. And the art is just beautiful. Anyone sleeping on this joint should check it out, cuz it's straight fire. It has the official SNOOP seal of approval. Although Digable Planets may be the most appropriate music.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

#2 was the 23rd best-selling book on Comixology, ahead of Black Panther and Black Widow. It's something special! i'm so alone
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Ironheart #2 was another solid issue, I would say that it was better than the issue 1, and I really liked issue 1.

Bought the first 2 issues off comixology. Really enjoyed #1, I'm interested in seeing where the 10 rings stuff goes.

Ewing fixed every complaint I had about Bendis' version of Ironheart.

One of my major complaints about Bendis' version of Ironheart is that her grief was not a living thing. It was a throwaway aspect of her origin. Eve L. Ewing fixed that wonderfully in her first issue. Riri has internal debates rooted in survivor's guilt that really resonated with me.

So yeah, good first issue that fixes the problems Bendis created because, while he sometimes has good basic ideas, his writing is a meandering mess that never fulfills the potential of those ideas. This, this book, this is what I wanted from Bendis and never got.

The second issue is solid with fun action. Someone is using street urchins to steal phones so the private information on them can be stolen for political purposes. Ironheart attempts to stop them only to be attacked by ninjas. Really nasty ninjas capable of hurting her with martial arts strikes despite the armor. When she finally defeats them, they teleport away.

So, last issue the Ten Rings get a mention, and now she fights guys with superhuman martial arts abilities who talk about how, "the wellspring of power, beyond your comprehension, flows through us." A reference to chi-mysticism, maybe? And who have teleportation technology.

I'm guessing the villain will turn out to be some student of The Mandarin. Someone trained in both mystic martial arts and alien science. And that this person will have a lot in common with Riri, but will have been twisted by everything that Riri transcended. Just a hunch.