Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Chi-mysticism? All Riri needs to do is ask her new teammate, Power Man Victor Alvarez. That's his power source.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Chi-mysticism? All Riri needs to do is ask her new teammate, Power Man Victor Alvarez. That's his power source.
    Would be kinda funny if Victor Alvarez showed up and drained the dread Mandarin of the chi-mysticism half of his powerset. Granted, he'd still have the rings, but the rings on their own wouldn't be a match for Ironheart. Trapping her feet in ice and such would only slow her down without the ability to back it up with chi-amped-strength and armor-destroying superhuman karate-chops.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    #2 was the 23rd best-selling book on Comixology, ahead of Black Panther and Black Widow. It's something special! i'm so alone
    On Amazon Kindle she was in the top 100. And guess who she, Ms Marvel, Moon Girl, Shuri, Jane Foster, Carol Danvers & Spider-Gwen beat? Every DC book not named Heroes in Crisis or Doomsday Clock.
    Let that sink in for a moment of who they beat.

While it was for a few days-it was still interesting to see.

It's a shame how she was introduced because I think she's a great character.
    She arrived at a time Marvel hatred was at an all time high and while it's still up there-it's not really hurting Marvel. Because they are looking beyond the comic book stores and the echo chamber.

I mean you have 3 black female lead books-Shuri, Riri & Moon Girl. One in a huge movie, one getting her own show and Riri being added to Marvel Rising. Your competition offer a book that is RETURNABLE.
    Despite Riri's creator and a capable David Walker on it. That shows how little faith you have in your product.

Even if this book was to get axed at issue 12-I can commend Marvel for trying. No one can say Eve didn't do her best. This (along with Miles) will be the first Marvel monthly subscription I have ever had.

And it's nice to see Riri share something with the late Dwayne McDuffie. It's not really a spoiler but for those who don't know-McDuffie took high school classes as a kid like Riri.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really should pick this book up, but my budget is so strained *sobs*
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No one can say Eve didn't do her best.
    Agreed. Ewing definitely brought her A-game to this.

Stopped reading after a couple of pages from issue 1.
    An impolite teenager talking down on world leaders might be considered woke, I thought it rude and immediately disliked the character.
    On top of that was the whole scene so out of touch with reality that it couldn‘t hold my interest.
    Art looked decent though and glad to see there are supporters. Different tastes for different people.

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    Stopped reading after a couple of pages from issue 1.
    An impolite teenager talking down on world leaders might be considered woke, I thought it rude and immediately disliked the character.
    On top of that was the whole scene so out of touch with reality that it couldn‘t hold my interest.
    Art looked decent though and glad to see there are supporters. Different tastes for different people.
    Huh? She's a super-genius inventor, and she talks about her inventions to her audience the way super-genius inventors usually do. It's no more "woke" than every example of the archetype from Doc Brown to the Flubber guy to Sherman Klump to Tony Stark. They all have scenes where they make similar speeches, because that's one of the ways the writer establishes the character's power as being freakishly high scientific ability.

An audience who she sees as intruders, invading her personal space.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    An audience who she sees as intruders, invading her personal space.
    That guy was an *******, bringing important people around a bunch of potentially dangerous equipment.

Didn't learn their lesson either, did they? Since the same thing happened again in issue 2. Riri's attitude was justified.

Yea kinda seems like that kind of thing is going to be a running thing, either happening every so often or eventually bringing trouble to their doorstep.

I do have to say though that Ewing's writing on Riri and her world is definitely a step up from Bendis' making her feel a lot more human and organic. Really goes to show just how just stopping to focus on the character's world really does wonders.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea kinda seems like that kind of thing is going to be a running thing, either happening every so often or eventually bringing trouble to their doorstep.

I do have to say though that Ewing's writing on Riri and her world is definitely a step up from Bendis' making her feel a lot more human and organic. Really goes to show just how just stopping to focus on the character's world really does wonders.
    It's kind of been the same case in Miles' book as well since the relaunch. Bendis was definitely pushing for his big concepts kind of to a fault. I've been enjoying this slower pace getting to know more about Riri's backstory and world.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    That guy was an *******, bringing important people around a bunch of potentially dangerous equipment.
    Liked this issue, but she is clearly not Tony Stark: she is a genius, but she is not an entrepreneur. She antagonizes powerful people and employers for no good reasons and endanger her works because she lacks social skills. She is not a billionaire, she needs backers to fund her work.

It's a pity that the black genius at Marvel always fall in the trope of the "angry black woman" when the white genius are socially adjusted: Nadia Pym is friend with everyone, create an enterprise like GIRL, Valeria Richards is the leader of the Future Fondation, but Moon Girl or Iron Heart can't make friends, antagonize everyone and lack any skill on social engineering.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Actually, Alex Power is the leader of the FF now.

Val is a snark machine and Nadia's cinnamon bun-ness works because it's against type. She shouldn't be well-adjusted (and isn't really, she's actually far too idealistic). But I actually find Lunella's coldness endearing for such a young character and Riri's actual character flaws interesting. After all, we have a whole series to deal with them now.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate