Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 126
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Woah! spoilers:
    Riri Williams Sr is alive!
    end of spoilers
    I suspected it for a while now. I'm glad i was right.

  2. #107
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,641

    Default

    December solicits have leaked, and Riri's not in them. Looks like November's issue is the last one and the book is cancelled.

  3. #108
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    December solicits have leaked, and Riri's not in them. Looks like November's issue is the last one and the book is cancelled.
    Well seeing that I get the book mailed to my house-so far option to renew is still there.

  4. #109
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,641

    Default

    Not surprising, considering the solicits were LEAKED. We're not meant to know the book is over yet.

  5. #110
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,900

    Default

    Hmm, with Tony Stark: Iron Man also being canceled at the end of this year, would 2020 be a good time to relaunch as "The Iron Legion" or "Iron Man Unlimited"? Just get all the armored heroes connected to or allied with Tony together in one title? Either that, or relaunch Young Avengers with Riri/Ironheart as the team's Iron Man counterpart and see her bounce off Patriot (Eli Bradley) like Tony and Captain America (Steve Rogers) bounced off each other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  6. #111
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,668

    Default

    Not really bummed since the story's kinda coming to a natural end and she seems to be getting Champions to do deal with leftover stuff. Would be down for more, though. Especially if it ties to 2020.
    Our main character, a socially awkward outcast, gains newfound confidence and arrogance before committing a string of horrid acts. He then wears a fancy suit and proceeds to dance like a maniac to music that isn't actually there playing around him.

  7. #112
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Not really bummed since the story's kinda coming to a natural end and she seems to be getting Champions to do deal with leftover stuff. Would be down for more, though. Especially if it ties to 2020.
    That's presuming Champions gets relaunched, which I am hoping it does, but acknowledging it might not.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #113
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,641

    Default

    Snoop's right. Check out the Incoming solicit. Connect all the writers to their current characters. It only leaves Matt Rosenberg, Guardians of the Galaxy, Eve Ewing, and Champions. I'm almost certain Eve is the new Champions writer and it'll relaunch in January (with Rosenberg taking over the GOTG).

  9. #114
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Snoop's right. Check out the Incoming solicit. Connect all the writers to their current characters. It only leaves Matt Rosenberg, Guardians of the Galaxy, Eve Ewing, and Champions. I'm almost certain Eve is the new Champions writer and it'll relaunch in January (with Rosenberg taking over the GOTG).
    I certainly hope so.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  10. #115
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Snoop's right. Check out the Incoming solicit. Connect all the writers to their current characters. It only leaves Matt Rosenberg, Guardians of the Galaxy, Eve Ewing, and Champions. I'm almost certain Eve is the new Champions writer and it'll relaunch in January (with Rosenberg taking over the GOTG).
    I really hate how Marvel has been doing that the last many years. New story direction or creative team or line-up of characters. Cancel and reboot. Then they jump in with that legacy numbering nonsense. No...it is not issue 800...you canceled and rebooted 10 times...it is issue 23.

  11. #116
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    December solicits have leaked, and Riri's not in them. Looks like November's issue is the last one and the book is cancelled.
    I had that feeling; I just wish I saw this a little sooner.

  12. #117
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    If Champions really is getting relaunched, Eve would be a great choice. Between Ironheart and Marvel Team up, she's shown to have a pretty good voice for Miles, Kamala, and Nadia. My only reservation is these constant relaunches are consistently shown to have diminishing returns. Captain Marvel has only just recently been shown to break that cycle.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  13. #118
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If Champions really is getting relaunched, Eve would be a great choice. Between Ironheart and Marvel Team up, she's shown to have a pretty good voice for Miles, Kamala, and Nadia. My only reservation is these constant relaunches are consistently shown to have diminishing returns. Captain Marvel has only just recently been shown to break that cycle.
    And surprisingly enough the movie might have actually helped some on that front.

  14. #119
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,641

    Default

    Yeah, Ironheart is cancelled... but Eve says she's shifting gears and to read Incoming for clues. She also said "I'm not going anywhere and neither is Riri".
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...fter-incoming/

    Guys, I think that means I'm right. She's Zub's successor.

  15. #120
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Ironheart is cancelled... but Eve says she's shifting gears and to read Incoming for clues. She also said "I'm not going anywhere and neither is Riri".
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...fter-incoming/

    Guys, I think that means I'm right. She's Zub's successor.
    We're all rooting for you to be right here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •