Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 139
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    They'll definitely go with Bendis since he created her.

  2. #77
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Movie to be announced? Private Facebook page found.
    https://www.cbr.com/future-marvel-st...acebook-pages/
    Kind of pretty soon to be getting your own solo movie, but be interesting to see what they do with it.

    (Does this mean they can tone down the Iron Man elements in Spider-Man even more? I hope so.)

    Wonder who the villain might be. Ezekial Stane?

  3. #78
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of pretty soon to be getting your own solo movie, but be interesting to see what they do with it.

    (Does this mean they can tone down the Iron Man elements in Spider-Man even more? I hope so.)

    Wonder who the villain might be. Ezekial Stane?
    If it's a movie about Iron Man's legacy and the impact he's left on the world, then I could see Ezekiel Stane as a good antagonist. Come to think of it, in his initial appearances by Matt Fraction, his thing was reverse-engineering Iron Man tech to reproduce and mass-market it on the cheap for purposes of terrorism. Given that the Ten Rings organization from the Iron Man films is being built up as a major antagonist for Riri in Eve Ewing's series, I could see Ezekiel being linked to them in a possible future Ironheart movie. Furthermore, he could represent the more negative aspects of Tony Stark's legacy, with Riri representing the positive aspects, and their clash would reflect the philosophical conflict over whether or not Tony's lasting legacy is as a force for good, or for death and destruction.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #79
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    They'll definitely go with Bendis since he created her.
    They could always consult with both him and Ewing. Though personally I’m hoping they take more inspiration from Ewing, because Riri is a far better character under Ewing’s pen then she ever was under Bendis.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  5. #80
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,532

    Default

    dangling real mandarin plot thread, hee hee ho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  6. #81
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    dangling real mandarin plot thread, hee hee ho!
    I wouldn't be surprised if that gets followed up with Shang-Chi to be honest. I've seen people theorize they might combine Mandarin with Shang's dad.

  7. #82
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,820

    Default

    Makes sense, since his father in the comics is a character they don't own, Fu Manchu.

  8. #83
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Makes sense, since his father in the comics is a character they don't own, Fu Manchu.
    I would like a reference to that in the movie...at least in a file on the list of aliases.

  9. #84

  10. #85
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Riri's going to be in Spider-Man season 3:

    Does that mean Riri/Ironheart will be debuting in Marvel's Spider-Man or crossing over into Marvel's Spider-Man from Marvel Rising?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #86
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Riri's going to be in Spider-Man season 3:

    looks really cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  12. #87
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Does that mean Riri/Ironheart will be debuting in Marvel's Spider-Man or crossing over into Marvel's Spider-Man from Marvel Rising?
    Debuting. Don't forget Rising and Spider-Man both have Spider-Gwen, and that's not the same character. Ms. Marvel also appeared in Spider-Man already, and that was her Avengers Secret Wars version and not her Rising one. However, both versions of Kamala have the same VA, so it might be the same for Riri.

    You know, had she been created sooner, she could've easily been a full time cast member - that Horizon High science stuff is right up her alley!

  13. #88
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Debuting. Don't forget Rising and Spider-Man both have Spider-Gwen, and that's not the same character. Ms. Marvel also appeared in Spider-Man already, and that was her Avengers Secret Wars version and not her Rising one. However, both versions of Kamala have the same VA, so it might be the same for Riri.

    You know, had she been created sooner, she could've easily been a full time cast member - that Horizon High science stuff is right up her alley!
    That actually raises a good point about how confusing the continuity of the Marvel Animated Universe on Disney is. They rebooted Spider-Man after Ultimate ran its course, but the new Spider-Man (still) occupies the same continuity as the Avengers from Avengers Assemble onward, even if that continuity is somewhat nebulous following Black Panther's Quest, which was effectively a partial relaunch/reboot of Avengers Assemble that nonetheless retained most if not all the voice actors from the previous seasons/series.

    Besides that, I am curious about how Riri and Peter will end up interacting in a world where they're the same age as opposed to Peter being 10+ years her senior.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  14. #89
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    1 million B.C.E.
    Posts
    5,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If it's a movie about Iron Man's legacy and the impact he's left on the world, then I could see Ezekiel Stane as a good antagonist. Come to think of it, in his initial appearances by Matt Fraction, his thing was reverse-engineering Iron Man tech to reproduce and mass-market it on the cheap for purposes of terrorism. Given that the Ten Rings organization from the Iron Man films is being built up as a major antagonist for Riri in Eve Ewing's series, I could see Ezekiel being linked to them in a possible future Ironheart movie. Furthermore, he could represent the more negative aspects of Tony Stark's legacy, with Riri representing the positive aspects, and their clash would reflect the philosophical conflict over whether or not Tony's lasting legacy is as a force for good, or for death and destruction.
    Well thought out plan. I would really enjoy seeing this.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  15. #90
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,820

    Default

    If you read Death's Head #1 this week, you might have noticed a few possible futures were shown. One of them had Wiccan, Hulkling, Ironheart, and Dani Cage Captain America on a team together. An odd combo, as Riri and Dani have never met (though Riri did meet Billy and Teddy in Unstoppable Wasp #7 - and some other futures on the same Death's Head page show other Champions members).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •