Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man#13

BANNED

Those pupils are really cool, I wonder if that was in the script.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Oy, now even Foswell is coming back...?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say whatever is going on here, Mysterio is behind it.

still too weird. I guess we'll see what happens. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Oy, now even Foswell is coming back...?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say whatever is going on here, Mysterio is behind it.
    That was my first guess too

Something I've been noticing but has become really apparent now, Spencer's issues have been using recaps much more than any other series I've been seeing recently.

It's not necessarily good or bad, but it is something I think is interesting enough worth pointing out when examining his writing style.

That's exactly what I was thinking about while reading this previews. To me, it's one of the few cons of his run so far. I love his run, but this, I could do without.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Something I've been noticing but has become really apparent now, Spencer's issues have been using recaps much more than any other series I've been seeing recently.

It's not necessarily good or bad, but it is something I think is interesting enough worth pointing out when examining his writing style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking about while reading this previews. To me, it's one of the few cons of his run so far. I love his run, but this, I could do without.
    Recaps are important for new readers. Every issue is someone's first. It may seem jarring to us, but think of someone picking this up for the first time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    That was my first guess too
    I think it might be one of those people in that flashback scene at the graveyard. The young girl was Foswells daughter, I'm guessing, and I know she died after dressing up as The Big Man to get revenge on Spider-Man in a Marvel Team-Up issue long ago... maybe that little boy is his son, and now he's all grown up and looking for revenge, too?

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Recaps are important for new readers. Every issue is someone's first. It may seem jarring to us, but think of someone picking this up for the first time.
    Yeah, that's why I don't think it's too bad, because he's making it new reader friendly so anybody can pick up any issue and easily understand.

That said, I do personally think recaps this extensive are better for the start of a story arc, while if you're reading the middle of a story arc like for here, you should be able to get all the information you need from the recap description/credits page and don't need this extra stuff.

Also I think reading the issues all in a row or in trades may make the repeats feel a bit extra jarring.

Foswell came back in the Clone Conspiracy I'm pretty sure.

Didn't Foswell's daughter or niece try to become the Big Man a while back? Maybe this is her.

Looks like yet another good issue.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-11-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't Foswell's daughter or niece try to become the Big Man a while back? Maybe this is her.
    Foswell's daughter Janice became the new Big Man in Marvel Team-Up #39-40, and became affiliated with the new Crime-Master - however, during a clash with Spider-Man, the Human Torch, and the Sons of the Tiger, the Crime-Master tired of taking orders from the Big Man, and shot her dead. He learned her true identity and was horrified, because he was actually Nick Lewis Jr., son of the original Crime-Master - and he and Janice were lovers! The story was, uh, a little contrived.