Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    5,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm including Carlie in the mystery. they've both had that goblin blood in them.
    Unless you're thinking about Norah's relationship with Phil Urich . . . I'm not sure how to contextualize the whole "goblin blood" thing. That said, I did enjoy this issue for, as stillanerd and Von have brought up, the excellent character development on J. Jonah Jameson's end.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Unless you're thinking about Norah's relationship with Phil Urich . . . I'm not sure how to contextualize the whole "goblin blood" thing. That said, I did enjoy this issue for, as stillanerd and Von have brought up, the excellent character development on J. Jonah Jameson's end.
    Ha! Good point. I was thinking of Norah's experience with Norman and Phil.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  3. #48
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    5,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ha! Good point. I was thinking of Norah's experience with Norman and Phil.
    Ah, yes, although I don't think Norman ever got the opportunity to inject her with Goblin formula like he did Carlie. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #49
    Mighty Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ah, yes, although I don't think Norman ever got the opportunity to inject her with Goblin formula like he did Carlie. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.
    Yeah you're right, Norah never got that close to Phil that he was able to make her become full on Goblin.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

  5. #50
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    really? you don't think that Black Cat and Puma could be considered villains? they have been in and out of Spidey's rogues gallery. and it's not like Taskmaster captured Black Ant. shouldn't he count?
    Black Ant maybe has the topic of an ant, but he's essentially just a machine (a LMD). In all case, they should capture either Hank Pym or Scott Lang. And although Black and Puma started as villains, they eventually reformed. (I don't count the time of Black Cat as "Queenpin" because that was a stupid consequence of the original "Superior Spider-Junk", which it should have never happened like that).

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Black Ant maybe has the topic of an ant, but he's essentially just a machine (a LMD). In all case, they should capture either Hank Pym or Scott Lang. And although Black and Puma started as villains, they eventually reformed. (I don't count the time of Black Cat as "Queenpin" because that was a stupid consequence of the original "Superior Spider-Junk", which it should have never happened like that).
    she's a professional thief. and, technically, all humans are "machines." he's very clearly ant-themed. he described himself as goth ant-man at one point. i don't really see a distinction between that and Beetle. but that's just my personal take on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  7. #52
    Fantastic Member Spidey5640's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Another great issue. This one makes me realize how much I miss the small editor notes that would reference the back issue something happened in, like Foswell's daughter. I guess they figure everyone just Google's it now.

  8. #53
    Incredible Member Naked Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Great character development for Jonah and really nice issue. This is such a thrilling run.

  9. #54

    Default

    One of the things I'm loving in this run, and maybe it's silly, is that Spidey is portrayed as a competent, powerful super hero. With some nice feats like the one in this issue (throwing Big Man robot away!).

  10. #55
    Spectacular Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Nice review. Spencer is doing a good job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •