Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, i have to admit, i’m enjoying spidey’s new relationship with jjj- kind of wish i still had the issue where peter revealed his identity to him. Very rarely do you get to see characters like this realize and try to atone for their past mistakes. One thibg though- when jjj was telling the kingpin how spider man would be there at the rnd yo see him fall, it rang sort of hollow to me, considering the kingpin is now daredevil’s arch nemesis, rather than spidey.
    but look at the context. Fisk set up that event to target Spider-man. and he's apparently licking the boot of some demon that is also gunning for Spider-man.
    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I am absolutely loving Spencer on this title and this was a solid arc with some great Jonah moments and character development but allow me to just voice a wee bit of displeasure at a few moments within this issue:

    *The Scorpion being dispatched and captured that quickly and easily, even by Taskmaster, is a bit hard to swallow. The guy is a powerhouse; you wanna tell me he was taken completely by surprise? Eh, ok but I suppose we have to believe the same for Stegron and, soon, the Lizard and Rhino which is a lot to ask of our suspension of disbelief.

    *I enjoyed the whole JJJ arc and the new Big Man was a great surprise and a good motivation but I just thought that it was way too similar to the giant human-controlled robot story that we just saw last year in Zdarsky's PP:SSM story with the Tinkerer. It just took me out of the story because that reveal was so fresh in my mind.

    Neither of these things ruined the story for me but it took it down a notch for me; I fully expect Hunted to kick ass!
    didn't Taskmaster just handedly win a fight against Spider-man and Spider-Miles? maybe he's had an upgrade. i think one of them actually asked out loud how he became so strong. and Black Ant took down Black Widow and Valkyrie by himself. Scorpion was ambushed. happens to the best of them (like Spider-man several times in this run).

    http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...spoilers-4.jpg
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-23-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza

  3. #63
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    didn't Taskmaster just handedly win a fight against Spider-man and Spider-Miles? maybe he's had an upgrade. i think one of them actually asked out loud how he became so strong. and Black Ant took down Black Widow and Valkyrie by himself. Scorpion was ambushed. happens to the best of them (like Spider-man several times in this run).

    http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...spoilers-4.jpg
    That's Ultimate Taskmaster, who definitely has super powers beyond 616 Taskmaster. (Ultimate Taskmaster is able to use super powers used against him. If he is hit with super strength, he can hit back with that same level of super strength.)

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That's Ultimate Taskmaster, who definitely has super powers beyond 616 Taskmaster. (Ultimate Taskmaster is able to use super powers used against him. If he is hit with super strength, he can hit back with that same level of super strength.)
    That wasn't Ultimate Taskmaster, that was 616 Taskmaster. I know it's kind of confusing (like alot of things in that story), but 616 Miles had hired him to look through alternate realities to find one his wife was in, which just so happened to be the Ultimate universe.

    I don't think it's that big of a stretch that they were able to get Scorpion so easily, he was jumped by surprise and he's proven himself to be formidable in the past. I am curious what will happen to him and Black Ant once the Hunted arc concludes, I don't see Spencer just throwing em to the side once Kraven's done with them.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

  5. #65
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4,546

    Default

    all attempts at redesigning taskmaster end in failure, CEASE trying
    heroine addict we love you come back

  6. #66
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That wasn't Ultimate Taskmaster, that was 616 Taskmaster. I know it's kind of confusing (like alot of things in that story), but 616 Miles had hired him to look through alternate realities to find one his wife was in, which just so happened to be the Ultimate universe.

    I don't think it's that big of a stretch that they were able to get Scorpion so easily, he was jumped by surprise and he's proven himself to be formidable in the past. I am curious what will happen to him and Black Ant once the Hunted arc concludes, I don't see Spencer just throwing em to the side once Kraven's done with them.
    No, that's definitely Ultimate Taskmaster.

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No, that's definitely Ultimate Taskmaster.
    it's definitely not. I purchased the issue yesterday and read through it; in anticipation of someone saying this. read the dialogue very carefully. the character doesn't know Miles. but he knows the 616 Spider-man. I then cross-referenced with a secret empire issue of Secret Warriors. Taskmaster, along with his Dark Avenger teammates, fought the secret warriors. he references his appearance in a later encounter with Daisy (wearing the new costume). I can believe that the editor screwed up. but where's your proof of it being Ultimate Universe Taskmaster? the speech pattern doesn't match. the costume doesn't match. he never references copying anyone's power. we never see him w/o the mask.


    ^see Daisy Johnson? she's referencing her fight with him when she was part of the Secret Warriors. explain it and why he doesn't duplicate her Quake powers.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-24-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I thought I couldn't love Steve Rogers any more than I already do, but here he is, eating pizza with a fork, just like I do (the only correct way to eat pizza

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •