Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

They are showing the kids for a reason. It might be both of them.

BANNED

spoilers:
    The bigger Big Man is revealed to be a robot created and driven by Frederick Foswell's son Freddy Jr. He also brings up his sister's death following down the same path as their father. Freddy wants Jonah to kill Spider-Man but Jameson refuses, trying to convince Freddy Jr that Foswell was a criminal. Peter makes a reference to the last time Jonah shot him in Issue 800. Jonah is shot, but Peter webs up the wound. Foswell activates the giant Big Man's self destruct but Peter uses his spider-strength to throw it clear of their location and it explodes. Peter gives Jonah a pep talk afterwards. Jonah receives his award from Fisk at the club but tells Fisk off. He returns to his radio station where he is told they're cutting back his shift due to lousy ratings and replacing him with fart-obsessed shock jocks. Norah Winters shows up to gloat.

Meanwhile, Scorpion gets through to his girlfriend to let her know he hasn't received any pay from Arcade and they'll have to cancel a trip. He's then captured by Taskmaster and Black Ant and locked up in a cell along with Vulture, Tarantula, and various other Spider rogues
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    The bigger Big Man is revealed to be a robot created and driven by Frederick Foswell's son Freddy Jr. He also brings up his sister's death following down the same path as their father. Freddy wants Jonah to kill Spider-Man but Jameson refuses, trying to convince Freddy Jr that Foswell was a criminal. Peter makes a reference to the last time Jonah shot him in Issue 800. Jonah is shot, but Peter webs up the wound. Foswell activates the giant Big Man's self destruct but Peter uses his spider-strength to throw it clear of their location and it explodes. Peter gives Jonah a pep talk afterwards. Jonah receives his award from Fisk at the club but tells Fisk off. He returns to his radio station where he is told they're cutting back his shift due to lousy ratings and replacing him with fart-obsessed shock jocks. Norah Winters shows up to gloat.

Meanwhile, Scorpion gets through to his girlfriend to let her know he hasn't received any pay from Arcade and they'll have to cancel a trip. He's then captured by Taskmaster and Black Ant and locked up in a cell along with Vulture, Tarantula, and various other Spider rogues
    end of spoilers

which spoilers:
    Tarantula
    end of spoilers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    which spoilers:
    Tarantula
    end of spoilers?
    spoilers:
    El Tarantula
    end of spoilers

Nice conclusion to this story arc love the character development Jonah is getting and Spencer continues to set up Hunted can't wait for it.

spoilers:
    Only Nick Spencer can get a real emotional beat out of an old issue of Marvel Team-Up.

I like how Pete really got forked up.

His Jonah is the GOAT. Brings out his strengths and weaknesses fairly.

Farewell, big Big Man. You live on in my heart.

The mystery of what the hell the next issue is even about continues.

Finally, another writer who recognizes the unmatched power and prestige of one Norah Winters.

Tasky and BlAnt continue to be legends.

Nice ASM #800 reference, continuity god.

1,000,000/10 issue. Wuv it.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spoilers:
    Only Nick Spencer can get a real emotional beat out of an old issue of Marvel Team-Up.

I like how Pete really got forked up.

His Jonah is the GOAT. Brings out his strengths and weaknesses fairly.

Farewell, big Big Man. You live on in my heart.

The mystery of what the hell the next issue is even about continues.

Finally, another writer who recognizes the unmatched power and prestige of one Norah Winters.

Tasky and BlAnt continue to be legends.

Nice ASM #800 reference, continuity god.

1,000,000/10 issue. Wuv it.
    end of spoilers
    I agree with you, but I can't be as funny as you man haha

Nick Spencer, you beautiful human!
    Referencing MTU and having it be a solid conclusion to an emotional arc? WHAT? I'm floored and so happy with this book.

I hope Scorpion gets to go on that vacation some day.

I really love Spencer's JJJ, he really captures the entirety of the character both good and ill.

Also I'd buy a Black Ant/Tasky spinoff just saying.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Also I'd buy a Black Ant/Tasky spinoff just saying.
    me too! should have happened during Secret Empire, though. it was the perfect setup (to see things from the perspective of mercenaries who weren't drinking the hydra Kool-Aid).

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Awesome issue. I love how light-hearted it all is.
    Will make Hunted feel rewarding if it goes more “serious” compared.

Wonder what the Bachalo issues are about.

BANNED

Another top-notch issue. This book is in impeccable shape right now. Kudos to Spencer and the entire creative team.

This was an excellent Jonah story.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

A nice conclusion to this arc, very good to see more development continuing for Jonah, and I hope we get to see him teaming up with Norah in some way.

Also in addition, here's something I haven't seen anyone post yet, the new cover for #14. It was interesting they didn't include it at the end of this issue and instead just show a Bachalo snippet. And looks like the "Ragdemon" cover/issue has been pushed back, in this we'll probably see Rhino get captured.

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_5_14.jpg